Tripadvisor
Oakwood
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

The walls of the rooms (sleeping area and bathroom) were badly stained with I don't even want to think what kind of fluids. The telephone was inoperative - not even a cord to connect it to the wall so we couldn't even call the front desk, much less request a wake up call. The television reception was non functional. The lampshade on the table next to the bed was all torn up and the strips on the bottom of the bathtub that are to prevent slippage were moldy. There were no luggage carts to even get our bags to our room from the car. Wallpaper was peeling from the bathroom walls. We only stayed because we'd been traveling all day and it was pouring rain. Contacted Choice Customer Service and they credited my account with extra points and said they would contact site manager. Department of health should visit this place!

Room tip: There are no good rooms
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

We booked in advance through choice hotels. Our printed out confirmation sheet list the rate at 71.99 a night for three days for 256.89. The checkin sheet had me put my initials next to that rate. After we got home checking our credit card found they charged us 99 each night for 350.97. Several calls to the hotel an email chain back and fourth, calls to choice hotels. So after a month of this choice hotels finally gave up trying to get the hotel to fix this and at first offered me 3000 points,then 6000,the 9000. Then they offered half the difference in check. Then finnally they're sending the full amount. With this hotel confirmations mean nothing

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2019

I have stayed at this hotel 3 years in a row and it gets continually worse. 1) Live roaches on the bathroom floor 2) Paint coming off the ceiling 3) TV was not operational 4) Hairdryer was not operational 5) Refrigerator not operational 6) Stains on couch 7) No bedspread 8) Lock didn't work on front door. As if this all wasn't bad enough I dared to eat the breakfast and poured myself a bowl of cereal. I didn't see the milk and when I asked for some I was told they were all out even though the man behind the desk was eating a bowl of cereal with milk. This property should not even be in the Choice Hotel chain.

Room tip: There are no good rooms at this property
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Choice should be ashamed to have this hotel represent their brand. We booked 5 rooms at $67 per night, at check in were charged $95. This is by no means a $95 a nite hotel. Management would do nothing to correct this billing problem. Upon arrival, there was garbage piled up outside, the garbage can was overflowing. Did management not see this mess? It was 3 o'clock in the afternoon! We had to go buy pillows, as the ones on the bed were disgusting. Needless to say we sprayed for bed bugs! This hotel is for transients, there are people standing outside their rooms smoking, workers staying here leaving their work boots laying in the hallways. There were old mattresses stacked up near the ice machine with old furniture. You could not use the pool as the pool light was laying on the pool deck with the electric cord hanging from it. I would not recommend this hotel. Unfortunately because it was the week of Road Atlanta, there were no other hotels in the area with availability, otherwise we would have been out of there. I don't mind spending $95 but it should be worth it. I find it funny that right after race week, the online rate is back to $65! This hotel needs desperate updates and management lessons. Change hotel name to Lack of Quality Inn. Do not stay here, taking my business to another brand!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2019

I reserved 5 rooms 8 months in advance of the Road Atlanta race that I was attending. I reserved with AAA rate of $67.49 per night. Upon arriving we were told the price was $95 per night. We showed them our confirmation number and rate of $67.49 per night. They said they would look into it that was Wednesday. Sunday at check out it was still $95 per night and they had to talk to the general manager. What did they do for 4 days and why was it not checked auto. They say the hotel is under renovation but it is a mess pool is not functional furniture and mattresses laying all over. Looks like they have a lot of people living there permanently. Large construction trucks running at 5:00 a.m. Waking you up. People smoking in front of their rooms all over the place. Work boots and shoes laying out in front of their doors and trash overflowing out of the cans out side the building. Stay away from this place run and run fast.

Trip type: Traveled with friends