“Good, but nothing special”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #16 of 26 Restaurants in Oakwood
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Flowery Branch. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed May 24, 2018

Did was good. Salad bar was very fresh. Service good as well. There was just nothing above average to talk of.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

This Sonny's is horrible!!! They should be ashamed of how they treat their drive thru customers. They give me some
crap...old, burnt, cold fries (half crinkle half shoe string), big black burnt spot on top of the bun, leftover pulled pork from someone else's plate!!! Please beware! At the least, check your food before leaving; if you just have to eat at this dump!!! I wish I could leave zero stars!!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I called and it took a while for them to answer the phone but they were super pleasant. By the time I arrived, my food was ready and waiting for me, which was really nice. All the employees just seemed like good country people.
All of the food was great, except for the macaroni. It just didn't look appealing to me and it didn't taste that good but everything else was fine.
I would definitely go there for nice service from the staff.

I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of the other food but I was starving...

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Our meal at Sonny's was delicious yesterday. I had flavorful, tender, sliced pork. The place is drab and tired. Gray is an "in" color but it no way goes with Sonny's decor of pine wood. Fluorescent white bulbs are in the old wooden hanging lights which doesn't help, pads on the benches are worn and torn, a good cleaning wouldn't hurt and the help needs some sprucing up. We choose this location rather than the one in Buford-for better food -but am rethinking the drive to this place.

Date of visit: July 2017
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Ann T, thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please email us details, location, and your phone number to social@SonnysBBQ.com? Your feedback is appreciated!

Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for an early dinner with family today for father's day, and after three attempts to get it right they still failed miserably with providing a hot succulent meal. Pulled pork and sliced pork were room temperature. Ribs were tough ands same complaints from 4 near by tables. Save your $$$. All of this was while expressing concerns to manager. I need

Date of visit: June 2017
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

We're sorry to hear that your recent visit was not up to expectations, Marcia S. Please allow us to help. Email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with the details about your experience, including the location, along with your phone number. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you’ll give us another chance!