“fAMILY AND PET FRIENDLY”

Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oakwood
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our family of four plus one of our granddaughters, a mother cat with 6 kittens and one of our small dogs had adjoining rooms which perfectly suited our needs. Everything was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the pool a couple of times which the kids loved and had it all to ourselves. The staff was friendly and helpful and accommodating. We would stay here again....in fact, we would prefer to stay here over other Gainesville area hotels! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those who like to take their pets with them!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Dear Christopher,

Your review brings great joy to my staff and I. It is always a great feeling to know that all of our work and efforts are appreciated. I want to thank you for taking the time to make a review for us. No matter the hour, family size or amount of pets, we want to make sure that everyone is catered to and stays together as a family should. I look forward to your next stay with us and hope that you and your wonderful family has a merry Christmas.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Was extremely satisfied with the staff, rooms and appearance. Breakfast was good and everything went well. Would definitely stay there again. Three other family members stayed at the same time and all had good experiences.

1  Thank Mike H

Dear Mike,

It brings me great satisfaction to know that my staff and I could accommodate you and your family members to your desired expectations. I look forward to having you stay with us again soon. If there is ever anything that we could do to get a full five star rating from you please let us know. We take great pride in making every stay the best that it can be and we are always here to serve. I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This Best Western was a nice surprise. Very upscale. New, High end. Breakfast was nice, good selection. Rooms are large and some are suites. Great for families and pet friendly. Location is just off interstate with lots of fast food close by. If your staying a few days the mall of Ga. is very close by and it is huge.

Thank George N. H

Dear George,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and letting us know that you enjoyed our services, it was our pleasure. We like to make sure that all of our customers and their, family, friends, and pets are all taken care of to the best of our abilities. If there is ever anything that we could do to make your stay with us even better next time, don't hesitate in letting us know. Have a merry Christmas.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

this hotel was very nice and a huge value for what we paid . pool was very nice as well .We where with a group so a discount rate applied for us .... I would compare this hotel to a Hampton inn or a residence inn style hotel..... very nice

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Cody,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as much as we enjoyed having you. I apologize for the inconvenience of time in my response to you. Here at the Best Western Plus we take pride and high concern towards reviews and I want to personally thank you for taking time to fill one out. I am more than happy to hear that we could accommodate to your every need and hope to have you stay with us again. Have a merry Christmas.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is a fairly new hotel. We had a room with separate seating area with a door enclosing the bedroom. It felt like a small apartment. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel is exceptionally clean and breakfast was very good. The girl who served breakfast was always smiling and always warned everyone when she was about to close. My only comment would be that closing breakfast at 9am is a bit early for those on vacation. All day coffee is great! The hotel is in a great location, just off I985 but we were totally unaware of being close to the highway, no road noise at all. The hotel is set up on a small hill and although close to all sorts of restaurants and other amenities it felt like we were in the country. Definitely to be recommended.

Room Tip: King suites are excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Karen Davidson,

I am very grateful for you taking the time out of your day to fill out one of our surveys. I apologize for how long it has taken me to respond to you. Here at the Best Western Plus it is a part of our culture to make sure that you feel truly at home and catered to. I want you to know that we will take your survey highly into consideration and make sure to discuss extending the breakfast time to make your next stay with us that much more enjoyable for you, friends, and family. Once again, I thank you for helping us know what we can do to better our services and care of you on your next stay. Have a merry Christmas.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

John Walker runs a great hotel. Not only is the hotel in a great location it has a beautiful layout from top to bottom. when you arrive the first thing you notice is how comfortable and inviting the lobby is. The staff goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is the best while making it look easy. I've stayed at this location several times and wouldnt think about choosing another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vincent T

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for the great review, I apologize for the amount of time it has taken me to respond to your review. On behalf of my hotel and staff I would like to say that it has been our pleasure to serve you and make each and every stay with us as comfortable for you as possible. I look forward to your future visits and will do my utmost best to make each stay better than the last. If there is anything that my staff and I could do to improve your next stay, don't hesitate to let us know on the survey. Have a merry Christmas.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Older property with a great location off I95. We found the property to be well maintained for its age and would stay there again mainly because it is pet friendly. Breakfast variety is not that great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John W, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hello Warren75,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to recognize us, for an enjoyable stay. I'm happy we were able to accommodate your little friend. Please let us know what selections you would like to have had in our breakfast, as we survey guest to find the most popular items and then try and accommodate them. I hope you come by and see us again the next time you're in our area. Have a great summer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakwood
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#6 of 12 in Gainesville

Been to Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!