“Amazing staff, new rooms & a pleasure of a stay!!!”

Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oakwood
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at this BW for a month and I truly have never had such a great experience. From a to Z, BW Lake Lanier hands down was one of the top 5 hotel experiences I've had in 36 years and I travel quite a bit...

If you are looking for a no brainer on where to stay in the area, don't waste your time, BW Lake Lanier is the best!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed December 25, 2012

overall it is the cleanest and neatest hotel,I have ever stayed at. And the staff at the hotel is very efficient the room was neat clean.i was there on a business trip the overall appearance
and surroundings area is well kept. the hotel lobby was very clean an neat an is close to other services [gas, food, shopping,] most in walking distance of hotel. And is right off hwy 985 in oakwood GA
'

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Ed H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the comment I shared it with the staff.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

The motel was clean & comfortable the clerk was curtious & helpfull, but I was given a final price at checkout of $ 76.50 & when I got back home & checked my account found that I had been charged $ 110.00 I feel that I have been a victom

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Ed H, Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

By now the additional charge will have been removed from your account. This happens with debit cards and some credit cards. It is not a charge from the hotel but rather from the card company. Thank you for your comment, in the future we will be more careful to explain this to our guests using debit cards especially.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were in Georgia at Road Atlanta Race Track. We stayed at the Best Western in Oakwood. Joe and Mike made us feel very much at home, and were very attentive to our needs and answered all our questions.
I would recommend this Best Western to anyone going to Road Atlanta Race Track.
Jack Steenbakkers

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Plus Lake Lanier. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean, well-appointed and attractive. I've stayed at this property a few times in the past when the hotel was owned by another chain and this is a vast improvement! They did an excellent job remodeling this property.

I'm especially grateful that this hotel allows pets and has a reasonable pet policy. The pet welcome gift at check-in was a really nice touch.

My only request is that breakfast begin at 6 am on the weekends as well as during the week. Because we had to be on the road by 7 am, we missed breakfast on both days because it wasn't available until 7.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I'm writing this on check out morning, after a three night stay. Decided on this place due to favorable trip advisor reviews (although not all thay many reviews) and a favorable rate (remember your AAA card, 10% discount room rate on reservations). The reason there aren't many reviews is the place is practically new, opened in September, the front desk staff told me. The present owners purchased in late 2011 and shut it down for a complete, doors closed rennovation and they did a nice job throughout the hotel.

The rooms are everything you'd expect in this price range of hotel, very nicely appointed. The shower is nice. Beds are comfortable and appear to be new. Air conditioning is relatively quiet. We're on the interstate facing side of the hotel and there is little road noise coming through the window. Just about ready to head down to breakfast, and it is a great breakfast they make here. Everything ranging from bacon and eggs, to fruit and cereal. (If that doesn't suit you, there is also a Dunkin Donut next to the hotel, oh, and Taco Bell too, walk if you're going there).

It is a little tricky finding your way to the hotel parking lot, but not bad. If you're looking for a place to stay in the area and price range, look no further, this is it! :)

Room Tip: We chose the top floor. Nice views and figured there was less chance of adjascent room noise that wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jeff M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay. I greatly appreciate your feedback about the Hotel. We are adding another entrance to the parking area from the shops next door. This should make it a little easier for your next visit to Oakwood.

Jeff McLaughlin

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is so nice! The Management and staff went beyond expectations to make sure our stay was perfect. Rooms were spectacular - large, clean, quiet, new, and so comfortable. The lobby was very clean and comfortable as well. I have already recommended this hotel to others who will be in the area for any track events at Road Atlanta. It is also close to shopping and restaurants. We will stay here again when we are in the area. A great stay!

Room Tip: We had a 2 room suite which was very roomy and quiet on the back side of the hotel. It also had cen...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeff M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review about our new property. I am excited to here that you had a great time, please let me know if I can help in the future.

Jeff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakwood
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Braselton

Been to Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!