WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85

Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place to stay after late night trip to Netherworld”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My family and I decided to go to the Netherworld Haunted House on a Friday night. We knew it would be late when we finished up so we decided to stay at the Courtyard. It was a late check in but Gwen was very nice and ready to make sure all was well for us. She even made sure my one night stay earned me some reward points on my Marriott rewards card. The room was large and clean, perfect for what we needed. We got a great rate through the Netherworld website, but I understand that you can get the same rate over the phone if you mention the haunted house: $62.00. We also wanted to check out Oakland cemetery the next morning and it was just a short 10min drive away. There are plenty of restaurants on this same exit. Great stay and fun Haunted House.

Room Tip: If it is during the months of Oct. and Nov. ask about the Netherworld rate, or book through the haun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bargin gal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
High Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Since my husband and I will be in Norcross at the end of October we wanted to book a room at the Marriott ( one of our favorite chains) I called on Sept 25th @ 9:30 pm, the phone was answered and I was put on hold, after holding for almost 10 minutes I finally hung up.After a few minutes I called back and the same young lady answered the phone, I explained I was the person wanting to book a room that she left on hold for ten minutes,Katari then says Oh well, what can I do for you? I expressed my concern over customer care, but she really did not seem to care. It's too bad cause we really were looking forward to staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sharonw32643
Ivan S, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for considering a stay with us at Courtyard Norcross/I-85. Your comment is very important to us and will help us in improving our service. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you experienced while attempting to make a reservation. I absolutely understand your frustration for being placed on hold and not having your call responded to in an appropriate manner. I would like to assure you that I took all necessary actions to prevent similar situations from occurring again.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time and providing us with feed back. I really appreciate it, and I look forward to seeing you here at Courtyard Norcross/I-85 so we will have another chance to ensure you about the quality of our service.

Ivan Sidorjak
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Even though this is an older property it is maintained very well. It seems as if new carpet has been installed as well as other upgrades. I was surprised to see there was not an elevator but I am sure the friendly staff would not have a problem accommodating you. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was very comfortable and had a nice duvet. I like that it is so convenient to great eating establishments like Pappadeauxs Seafood or other fast food restaurants and it is convenient to zip on I-85 ro reach downtown.

Room Tip: If you need elevator access, please ask to be placed on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stay here everytime I have school in Norcross. The managament is AWESOME! My room is always fresh and CLEAN.. Breakfast is nice and hot the restaurant management always goes out of there way to make sure your special needs are met. Location is so central... Why would you want to stay anywhere else!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

We driving through Altanta tired and looking for a somewhere to get a decent sleep for a night on the north-east side of Atlanta. We dropped in on the Courtyard at Norcross. It is our usual practice to check the room before accepting and we were shown a room. However, the room we were given was a different one. At first look it all seemed fine. However when checking the bedding it was obvious the housekeeping needs to step up. The pillows were stained and there were hair and stains on the mattress protector and duvet. The bed linen was also thin and very worn. The desk clerk, Devlin was a real ambassador. Very personable and went out of his way to make everything right. He also advised us on a suitable place for dinner. A complete set of fresh clean bedding, including a brand new duvet were delivered to the room. Along with a small gift tray as well as complimentary breakfast for the inconvenience. As an observation, some hotel guests do not respect the hotel property or show any consideration of other guests, for instance vomit on the carpark pavement, beer cans tossed into the garden and half-filled slurpees dumped on the ground. This is beyond the control of the hotel staff and management.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BM6615
Ivan S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Norcross/I-85. We highly appreciate your comment regarding your stay and the services provided by the hotel staff. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel and would like to assure you that the hotel management has addressed your concerns with the personnel who cleaned and inspected your room. I took all the necessary steps to assure that these issues will not occur again.

I hope we see you here again so that my team and I will have another opportunity to assure you of the quality of our service.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

I booked online and didn't know until afterwards that there isn't an elevator, but the helpful staff had no problem placing me on the floor level since I cannot climb stairs. On this trips, I didn't bring my laptop, only my iPad and just assumed that the rooms have wifi which they do not, they have Ethernet cables. Which are useless on iPads. Only the lobby has wifi. I needed to work for the two weeks I was here and didn't want to have to make a trip to the lobby every time, so I had to go out and buy a cheap laptop since I'd already paid for the room for two weeks. That sucked. Everything else about the hotel was just fine. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Oh yeah, the water pressure sucks. And one more word of advice.....always use the lock on your door because the maids tap on the door real quick and then just open the door. They don't give you a chance to cover up or anything.

Stayed April 2012
marieta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this hotel and we had an awesome night. The staff were amazing, they were very polite, helpful, and quick. The rooms were very neat, and as always, the beds helped me sleep well. I really enjoyed my stay and I would recommend the hotel to anyone

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family