“As Advertised”

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed 3 nights:
- Nice, knowledgable, helpful staff
- Reason to believe non-american owner
- Asked front desk if crime was a problem in the parking lot. The question was avoided. the question was re-asked and avoided a second time.
- No mirror in bedroom, only in bathroom
- Tiny door-ding parking spaces ... possibly to meet legal requirments of quanity
- Good, quite AC with wall thermostat
- Small refrigerator, but no freezer compartment
- Complicated microwave with buttons that requires learning-curve to operate / turn-knobs are better in a hotel room
- Ample electrical outlets, but only 2 above deskline
- 9 of 10 on cleanliness
- Close to restaurants and shops
- 3 phones in room
- If there was Wi-Fi, it was spotty

Frequent Traveler

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank VinceR355

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Spent one night in north Atlanta and scored this hotel for 50% off via priceline. Large room with nice TV. Internet available in lobby but do not recall WIFI availability. Skipped the b'fast buffet and went to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed here several times and the staff and rooms have always been up to par. It is very close to our office and very convenient to 85. My only complaint would be a lack of dining variety in the area..although Gwinnet Place Mall is only a few miles away.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan029
Reviewed March 2, 2009

We arrived around midnight but I had called ahead to make sure they knew and to confirm that our two rooms were adjoining or at least near each other as we were staying with children. Since it was a last minute decision to go I hadn't checked Trip Advisor and boy was I sorry. When we drove up I had a feeling that it wasn't the best area but it was midnight and we had four kids so we stayed. We decided we'd reassess in the morning about the area. I made sure to park the car outside my window so I could hear if the alarm went off. Upon check in I found out the rooms were not near each other so we had to split up the kids and parents. Not a huge deal because I was told they would try to accommodate us for the next night.

We went into the rooms and on first glance they weren't too bad, but when you pulled back the sheets in one room it was clear the sheets had not been changed from the night before. There was hair all caught in them, including in the pillows. Disgusting!

We called the front desk to say we wouldn't be staying another night after that. We would have left that night but it was after midnight and we had driven 6 hours and everyone was already in pajamas. I slept horribly and couldn't wait to leave in the morning! We spent the next night at the Holiday Inn Express--Stone Mountain and it was great!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Kstats
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My wife had business here in atlanta so i dropped her at her meeting and came on too the hotel. The staff at the front desk greeted me with a smile and where Very helpful. I asked for a ground floor and it was changed with no problem ( bad Knees ). Dont do stairs well.
Had a little trouble signing on to the internet with my laptop , the sales manger here in norcross was Happy too point how too. All it took was plugging in the eternet cable in the desk drawer .

Its the staff that make a good Hotel and they work here.
Everyone front Desk too house keeping. Friendly Folks.

Enjoyed it and suggest others doing business in Norcross Ga. Stay here. 1 problem no elevator.

Thank you.
We will book again when doing bussiness in Norcross Ga.
John and Bonnie

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 7, 2007

So I am on my way to a wedding with a friend and my mother. We arrive late and can't find the elevator so we drag numerous suitcases up the stairs. We arrive at our room 15 minutes later. Looks old but ok..it's just one night. Still not what I expected from a Marriot. We are freezing so we turn the heat on. It is 30 degrees outside and eventually we realize that the heat does not work. I call the front desk to report it and the man on the other end say "ok".... silence ........... "I mean do you want us to come fix it now?". Uh yea NOW! is what I thought but I just hung up, but not before asking "where is the elevator?", "we don't have one". They weren't joking.. No heat! No elevator! and obviously no service!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank alee980
Reviewed November 29, 2006

I stayed at this hotel, week of October 27, 2006. My was rob, they stole my wallet, laptop and other items. I normal stay at this hotel for a business trip and I hear alot of crime complaint about this hotel. Please stay away from this hotel. The hotel is in Gwinnett county around Jimmy Carter, HIGH CRIME AREA. The hotel is on the police list for theft.

ONCE AGAIN AGAIN, PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DaBoss