Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$84
HIExpress.com
$77
$69
$83
Country Inn
$110
Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross(Norcross)(Great Value!)
$59
$109
Agoda.com
$88
$67
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel alot so I look for the best value for my money. I have stayed at Extended Stays in Colorado Springs for 8 months, Oakland,Ca for 6 months and I have been at the Crossland in Norcross,Ga for 1 month and by far this is the best stay ever. The rooms are clean, the staff is outstanding to all my needs. The GM Omarra, also Alicia and Donna go out of their way to ensure my stay is as comfort as possible. This location is close to everything, my job, my Gym, places to eat and shop and play. In my 35 years in the military this is one of the best places I have ever stayed at---Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: Asked for Building C.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us at our hotel. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, our clean rooms and our convenient location. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I called a couple weeks before booking this hotel and spoke with whoever answers the phone. I informed the staff that i was on a redeye flight and would like to know if i could check in upon my arrival. I was assured that i would be able to. After arriving at 7am i was told that i couldn't check in until 3pm but after some negotiating i was allowed to check in early. Thanks for that. Now on to my review of the place. Worst hotel i've stayed @ in my life. Room had no sheets or blanket. Room next door had been broken into. Window was busted out and there was glass on the ground. Smelled like someone died in the room. As hard as the bed was i could have slept on the floor and been more confortable. Switched rooms. Sheets and towels had spots of blood on them. Already paid for two nights couldn't get refund and didn't have money to book a different hotel. Never once could get ahold of front desk for a wake up call or any other reason.This place is a [--] Hole. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NATHANIEL T
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The conditions you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I have spoken with all team members on the cleanliness issues, safety issues, and front desk policy issues. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at htj@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My overall review is quite simple. When choosing a hotel you look for key things: friendly staff, clean exterior and interior and safe environment. I found all of those things here at cross land studios with a level 5 rating. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank SHOTCALLAZ
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that we have all of the key factors you are looking for in a hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We will definetely keep up the good work!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Very nice and clean and I will recommend it to anyone. The staff is very nice and full of information. Compare to other facilities in the area this is the best bang for your buck. I only wish is that after staying here a couple of months or so that you get a free week.

• Stayed: January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for the recommendations. It's great to hear that you feel we are above the competition. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is not good nor bad. Simple rule is you get what you pay for. Many people on here are giving it 4 or 5 stars, but it is truly not that great. It all depends on why you are staying here and/or for how long. I will give you all the pros and cons I possibly can. I previously wrote a review on here for this very hotel, but this was 3 weeks into my stay. I happen to write a very good review, but I no longer feel that way. It was a better to idea to have written a review once my stay was over and I apologize for that. I actually requested to TripAdvisor to take my review down as I was felt it was too early to give a complete evaluation. To anyone that I do not know personally, I will allow them to make their own decision based on this review. Out of fairness Im not gonna tell a person to stay or not to stay.

A lot of people actually live here, but they may not be as fortunate to live elsewhere. The good thing is you wont have to pay utilities and deal with an obnoxious landlord. If you come here for just one week or less, then I guess it would be okay where you can simply just get in and get out. The rooms itself are decent as it offers a king or queen size bed, one seat couch, stove, mini fridge. The kitchenware are decent. The bathrooms are also decent as the sink cabinets which are made of wood are chipping and are worn down. The shower is not a very big space so try to make the most of it. Once or twice I smelled a funk coming from the bathroom vent. Those are not the main reasons I left or why I was not completely satisfied with the place. The worst things here are the people that come here to stay or live here for a quite a while. They make so much noise and are extremely annoying. On some days I hear people yelling from across the parking lot just to talk to one another. Some nights when I am about to go to bed before 11pm to 12 am, I always hear people talking so freaking loud when they just happen to be 2 inches apart. Some of the people that live here have no respect or courtesy for others that are trying to sleep or actually have to go to work or somewhere important the very next morning. I would overcome that by turning on the fan from the A/C unit as it would cancel noises from outside. On another day when I am going to work I am seeing police car then I turned the corner and see another 2 police cars then I turned the corner again to see another 3 police cars. I turn around and look up as I see a few policemen hiding behind their car with their guns and another few policemen standing on the left and right of a hotel room, yelling at whoever was in that place. Not to mention that a few people here solicit and ask you random favors like a ride or in need of money. The worst thing that happened to me was some lady who supposedly had 5 kids (which I never saw) starts asking me for a ride to Kroger that is 5 minutes down the road. I gave her food that I have not used or opened because I felt bad. Plus the food I did not want to go to waste as I had very little time left for my job assignment, as I figured it would not hurt for to me to give away. Then this stupid lady starts asking me for more favors. She kept asking me for money as I kept refusing and telling her that the food I gave her was enough and I could not do anymore than I have already. She asks me for money which she claims she would pay me back...I said no. She asks me if she can do housekeeping to make some money...I said no. This is the kicker: After I helped her take food to her hotel room, this same lady starts hitting on me which I totally was not buying and seemed really uncomfortable. Right there on the spot she has the nerve to ask me to have sex with her and whips out a condom. She says with a nasty smile on her face "I am not a prostitute and I am clean...but I need money to pay this week's rent and to help feed my kids." I gave this lady a horrible, condescending look and she got scared. She then says "Please dont tell on me, I just need some help." As I look at her in disbelief I told this heffer "Maam you have 5 kids, or you claim you have 5 kids that you said were in the room above, and you ask me for this dirty favor...shame on you." Then she says "Please dont tell the cops on me." I was like "Maam I wont but Im out of here, sorry I cant help you." Right then and there, I packed my stuff and left the very next day. An hour after this happened, I walked out of my place to go to my car to go out somewhere and I see this heffer from 35 yards away leeching around the hotel complex and as she saw me, her eyes and facial expression drops, as she walks away really quickly because she felt she really screwed up and was in fear that I would report her. I did not tell authorities as things would get complex and I would not be able to walk away on my own terms. Besides, if I report this to the police then my parents who live another state would find out and I would get in trouble for no reason. My parents would get worried sick for me being away from home. Instead I just told the lady (do not remember her name but was working the Saturday noon shift) what happened and that something needs to be done. I dont know what happened after that, but I packed my stuff and went elsewhere. Right when I was leaving, I walk out of my former hotel room only to walk into a tennant and cleaning lady screaming at one another off the top of their lungs. I dont know who was the "bad guy" or "good guy" in all of this but they got in huge argument because the cleaning lady needed to maneuver her cart of working supplies, and a tennant parked in a fire hazard thus not allowing anyone to walk through. That was not the icing on the cake for me as I had already made up my mind the night before to leave, rather this added insult to injury concerning my situation. I was supposed to be in Atlanta for 6 weeks, and I hightailed out of this place after 4-5 weeks. I had enough of this place and could not take it anymore. If you stay at this place for more than a week or two or three, then you will start to notice the subtleties. If you get a room, try to stay in the line facing Jimmy Carter Blvd as there is not any noise or nuisance going on. If you stay in the middle sections like I did, you will have some chaos every now and then. If you stay all the way in the back, this is where all the crooks and shadiness, frivolous activities take place.

The staff here from the managers, shift workers, maintanence, and cleaning services were all friendly and cooperative. They do bend over backwards to service you and make your stay the best it can possibly be. I remember on the 3rd day of my stay, I was switching from King room to a Queen room, and I forgot to take something with me. Immediately, Omara came to my room to deliver without any request, very nice of her. Everytime you walk to the front desk to pay a bill or make a request, they always offer toiletries or extra towels. The cleaning service come once a week to each room and leave your room brand new spanking clean. Another time my key was not working and I kept having to make copies of my key, so they decided to come with me all the way to my room to simply let me in. Daria, Shep, Breonna, and others are all friendly. The Wifi is not blazing fast, but it gets the job if you want to handle small tasks like check email or browse the web. Once or twice a week, the internet gives out on you for 1-2 hours but eventually comes back. The room may not be a 4 star hotel, but it still gives you a chance to relax and reflect on things. The surrounding area of Norcross is pretty safe and peaceful. There are plenty of stores and restaurants around. It also about a mile away from I-85 and a mile and a half the other way from 1-285, so it is close to the main highways which allow you to get to the city and other surrounding places in the Greater Atlanta area. Unlike most 2 star hotels, each room does has its own kitchen with stove and microwave, along with plates and silverware.

I hope this review is helpful to anyone who may pursue this hotel or is looking for a place to stay. I tried to give all the pros I could as well all the cons. I wrote this review in hopes that I dont sound bias, but give a general overview of this place and what to expect. Hopefully anyone who stays here has a better experience than I did and that management of this hotel reading this will try to improve upon the faults I mentioned of this hotel. Thank you to the mgmt for trying their best to make my stay a pleasure, but it fell short of that.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
8  Thank F M
mgrmaf, Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory due to the various issues mentioned. Rest assured, I am investigating the solicitation activities you have described. I am working with my team to ensure that guests are not disturbing one another. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honest critique. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at htj@extendedstay.com.