“Nice room and really comfortable stay”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Raleigh,NC
“Nice room and really comfortable stay”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I went to Atlanta for Halloween and stayed at the Townplace Suites by Marriott and the room was really great. I have stayed there maybe 2x before and every time I get the same customer service. The manager is very friendly, the counter reps are always pleasant and when I needed to check out an hour late they were hospitable and made it so easy for me. The rooms are very nice, they have a small kitchen, couch, desk, free internet which is always great and the bed is comfortable. Very secure, you have to use your card to get into each part of the building which is nice being a single woman traveling around at night. My boyfriend who lives in Atlanta thought the room was awesome, he had booked me a room but once he saw mine he canceled his because mine was so much better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ocala, FL
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I am a businees owner and travel 95% of my calendar year. I stayed at keast 5 months this year at the TPS of Norcross.I want to say that the General Mangaer Laurie, the sales rep Tracy and all the customer agent staff were extermely nice and personal. They went way out of their way to be available and were there for all of me and my staffs business needs. The hotel is close to Technology park and I had a choice to be in any of 10 hotels. I chose to return and stay at the TPS because of the caring that I experienced while on business in Norcross. When any of my management team goes to Norcrioss I have them stay there as well. It was like a home away from home. I so appreciate all of you there at Norcross Town Place Suites. You are the best!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2008

I stayed at this hotel on my way back to Virginia. There was no one working at the front desk most of the time (except for their young family members playing in the small breakfast area next to the check-in desk). staff at check-in was very rude, didn't give a map of the property and I had to figure out where my room was by myself. I had a studio room and the refrigerator was just next to my bed, making a lot of noise. I called the front desk informing them I'd like to check out the next day (I reserved for two nights). I called to see if they can change me to a one bedroom suite and I was willing to pay the extra, and after confirming with me that I was planning to check the next day, I was told there was no room left (even you can still reserve it online). I didn't see people wondering around but the place itself didn't feel safe, not to mention the neighborhood! I would stay at Sandy Springs area next time, much safer. I stayed at a Staybridge last time and it was much better experience.

• Stayed December 2008
1 Thank pitydog
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 15, 2008

I travel extensively for business, and found myself on a temporary assignment in the north-Atlanta area. I had stayed at the Towneplace Suites Norcross for shorter durations on several prior occasions, and when it came time for this 3-month stay, there was no question about where to stay.

The Towneplace Suite is (as previous reviewer noted) a hidden gem in Norcross. Great convenient location (just off Peachtree Industrial), easy to get to I-285 and you can also sort of sneek through back roads toward the south-east and get to the Tucker area (and to I-85/Buford Highway) without the drama of the freeways, if you prefer.

This Towneplace Suite is pretty typical in configuration and amenities, but what makes it stand out is the great, friendly, helpful staff. The housekeeping is top-notch (I wish I could find a housekeeper at home that would do as excellent a job as the housekeeping staff does at this hotel 3x per week!). The front desk staff are all 100% friendly and helpful, the area manager (Wynona - spelling....?) was pleasant and helpful when there was a minor snafu with my rate.

I can't recommend this hotel strongly enough. I stayed for 3 months in a nice, clean, well-appointed 1-bedroom suite. On prior visits, I usually stayed in a studio suite. The cleanliness-factor is the most notable, and the location is really perfect. While there aren't restaurants, etc,. within walking distance, Peachtree Corners is right up the street, and you can find anything you want to eat, shop or do, within 5 minutes.

It is all - literally - about the staff, and the Towneplace Suites Norcross has the nicest, friendliest and most helpful staff around.

• Liked — Clean, affordable, good location, great staff!
  • Disliked — Not within walking distance of any amenities. But short 5 min drive to everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Western NC
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Needed a quick one nite stay in the Atlanta; booked this hotel because the price was right. ($49 due to Marriott Reward membership) Excellent choice! Arriving late in the evening, the property was well lit. Check-in was quick; desk clerk most pleasant. Received room on 3rd floor as requested; only one elevator but it was prompt. (there were also flights of stairs at each end of the building - convenient for when you aren't bringing in the luggage.) Room was clean; loved the desk set-up - almost nicer than my home office! Breakfast in the AM is the standard Marriott Grab 'n Go - muffins, breakfast bars, fruit, etc - even small bags to put it all in! Several things impressed me about this property - the outside trash cans were never overflowing. For smokers (Marriott is smoke-free in their buildings) the hotel had built an attractive picnic shelter type area for their use. Pool, although small, was always neat - nver trash lying around, nor used towels, etc. There was a gas grill close to the pool as well as picnic tables - nice if you are traveling with your family. I stay in Marriott properties 75 nights per year or more. This modest property is well run, has a friendly staff, at a great price. It is far superior to the Courtyard or Marriott right down the road - both of which cost twice as much!

• Stayed April 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2008

My family was traveling to Orlando so we needed a place to rest for a few days. We chose Towne Place Suites Atlanta Norcross. Upon arrival there was no power in the entire hotel, also they had no generator. My family and I were thinking about turning around and stay somewhere else. My family insisted we see what the hotel rooms were like. The manager said he will upgrade us to 2 connected rooms, instead of a 1 room suite which we payed for. That was very nice of the manager. About 20 minutes later the electricity did come back on. The room I was staying in smelled like smoke, the manager insisted all rooms were none smoking. He then sent in maintenance to sanitize the room, which made the room smell much better. In the other room the a/c didn't work, the maintenance guys said it was because the power was out for so long it needed time to work again (YEA RIGHT). But we smiled and said okay. I was also upset to wake up to shower and find that were hairs on my new washcloth I haven't used yet. I did like that the rooms had a stove, fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. My family did make spaghetti and garlic bread one night. I didn't like how the entire place smelled like curry throughout the halls. I guess it's a combination of everyones cooking. The maintenance crew did send us up a nice bag of water, juice, snacks, and fresh cookies, which was very nice of them. I can say this hotel does have very nice staff. I do think this hotel needs a generator for future power loss. This hotel is in a safe location. I also liked that they had a mini breakfast of orange juice, cereal, muffins, and fruit in the morning. I will stay here again if I pass GA.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pets and the Smell of Curry
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. For the price ($69 per night), it was a great value. The location is just far enough off the major roads, so you don't get a lot of traffic noise. The staff in the front office was very helpful and we would definitely consider staying here again. We liked the fact that every outside entrance that led to rooms required a key for entry. The breakfast consisted of just a few basic items - sometimes only a breakfast bar or cereal was available. There were fresh cookies each afternoon that were a big hit with the kids (and us adults, too).

• Liked — value for the room
  • Disliked — limited breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family