“Nice rooms and friendly staff but no king size beds”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at a TownePlace by Marriott. There are two buildings for this property and I stayed in the building that contained the front desk. The person at the front desk when I checked in was extremely nice and helpful. The front desk area has one computer to use, an area where you can purchase snacks, and free coffee. My room was a clean, nicely furnished studio apartment with modern decor and a queen size bed (they do not have rooms with a king bed). The kitchenette had modern appliances (refrigerator, microwave, toaster, stove, coffee maker), a sink, and granite countertops. Marriott strategically made great use of the room space for everything you need yet provides plenty of storage in case you're there for an extended stay. They have no luggage racks in the rooms though. The breakfast food was okay but the breakfast area was nice. The main reasons why I rated this hotel a 3: The inner shower curtain had a small area with old mold spots on it and I could tell that the tub between the two shower curtains was missed during their cleaning. Also, I could not find the handicap-compliant button that would automatically open the doors to the building so getting their luggage cart in and out of the building was a HUGE pain. Even housekeeping had to manually open the doors to get their huge cleaning carts into the building. I can tell that they are a handicap-accessible facility but no buttons to automatically open the doors where you have to check-in was a huge miss in their design.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I do apologize for the hicup by the housekeeping department on the shower cleanliness which has been addressed and I've seen a change with all of my ladies in assuring that that area is addressed in all their rooms. I have also started to work on asking about the doors to see what can be done if anything. But I do thank you for bringing it up. The luggage racks have never been a part of our rooms but am too looking at getting some of those, maybe not for every room but to have available upon request. We look forward to your next stay and hope you have enjoyed the holidays.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2013

WOW what a good job on all the new things. The rooms look great. The new Breakfast area is very nice and looks like it will even be better after all the work is done. The Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Nice area to stay in at a great $ rate.

theStaff

Room Tip: Great area to stay in with Atlanta not far away.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Karen, Thank you for the kind comments about our Newly Renovated hotel. We think it's a WOW too. I'm not sure that when you were here we had added the new items to breakfast as of yet. But we now have Belgium Waffles, Hard Boiled Eggs, Cut Fruit, Yogurt Berry Parfaits as well as New Muffins and Bagels. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having a separate room for our son and a kitchenette was great! We would definitely stay again! Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The food on the breakfast bar was fresh. I think it was a great bargain for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My sister was getting married and we needed a 2 bedroom suite for 4 so we booked at this hotel for Friday and Saturday. The kitcthen was clean but the bathroom did have hair on the floor but was clean otherwise. Housekeeping did not come in on Saturday so when we arrived back we had to go to the front desk for clean towels. It was just OK not up to other Marriot properties we had stayed at in the past.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor about your stay. I'm sorry our Housekeeping team missed the few items that you mentioned and we did bring it to their attention during our daily meetings to make sure they are focused on those specifics. We had just completed a $1.5M renovation the end of July with all new appliances, couches, lamps, flooring and decor as well as a new lobby and "NEW" Breakfast room that we did not have before so I truly feel we are now offering the newest TownePlace Suites in the area. We appreciate your Marriott loyalty and look forward to your return if in the Norcross area.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

In town on business. Hotel staff was great. Ready for a remodel that was coming soon but still clean. Rooms in good shape but kitchen was dated but still clean. Free breakfast was just muffins and juice. Really good pancake place called it's right across highway. If staying for awhile or overnight good place

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Found hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub upon arrival, used my own Clorox wipes to clean it. Long hair found on the couch. Housekeeping staff unattentive to these things. Breakfast was prepackaged food and a huge disappointment to a Marriott silver member, checked out a day early. Definitely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Trustytrav
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review us and I'm so very sorry that your stay was a disappointment. We absolutely do everything we can to make each guest stay the best they can be. I know there are times when we miss the mark and I guarentee that it will be addressed to the staff so that we step up our game. We want to make every guest a repeat guest especially with our newly renovated hotel.

I hope you understand that the breakfast that we offer is to the specifications of our Corporate office and was designed to be able to grab and go. As they develop the concept we have brought in items that are not pre-packaged like hard boiled eggs and english muffins. They continue to bring different items to our brand but TownePlace Suites offers a Continental Cold Breakfast with Assorted Cereals, where now you can mix and match out of the dispenser as well as a variety of breakfast breads, yogurts, milk and juice and fresh bananas and oranges.

We hope that if in the Norcross Area again, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I booked this hotel because of all the positive reviews. We arrived at 830 after a 9 hr drive, looking forward to unwind in the pool for a bit..CLOSED. When we checked in I asked the front desk why was the pool closed, " it's been closed" she said, "we have an inspection".... Uhh.. Ok. Then when we went to our room, went into the bathroom, no toiletries .. No soap, shampoo, or conditioners. I called the front desk and asked for some, she said" are you sure there's none?" Yes ma'am, there isn't a bar of soap to be had. So I went down to the front desk to get some. My kids wanted popcorn, but the microwave in the room was broken. Then we unfolded the pullout....NO SHEETS, PILLOWS, OR BLANKETS.. Yikes!! Another trip to the front desk.. I travel a lot, and have to say either they're short staffed or someone's not doing there job. Disappointing!

• Stayed: August 2013
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I would first like to Apologize again for the disappointment that you experienced at the hotel. As I believed we spoke at the hotel it is definitely not our norm for what you experienced. There are also those times that we never want to happen but that do. My staff is dedicated to enhancing each of our guest stays and your feed back assisted us in setting up roll plays to work with the team to avoid further dissappointments of our guest.

Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your stay! We look forward to WOWing you the next visit.