This was my first time staying at a TownePlace by Marriott. There are two buildings for this property and I stayed in the building that contained the front desk. The person at the front desk when I checked in was extremely nice and helpful. The front desk area has one computer to use, an area where you can purchase snacks, and free coffee. My room was a clean, nicely furnished studio apartment with modern decor and a queen size bed (they do not have rooms with a king bed). The kitchenette had modern appliances (refrigerator, microwave, toaster, stove, coffee maker), a sink, and granite countertops. Marriott strategically made great use of the room space for everything you need yet provides plenty of storage in case you're there for an extended stay. They have no luggage racks in the rooms though. The breakfast food was okay but the breakfast area was nice. The main reasons why I rated this hotel a 3: The inner shower curtain had a small area with old mold spots on it and I could tell that the tub between the two shower curtains was missed during their cleaning. Also, I could not find the handicap-compliant button that would automatically open the doors to the building so getting their luggage cart in and out of the building was a HUGE pain. Even housekeeping had to manually open the doors to get their huge cleaning carts into the building. I can tell that they are a handicap-accessible facility but no buttons to automatically open the doors where you have to check-in was a huge miss in their design.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED!!! Our updated look is sure to put the WOW in your statement when you walk into your newly updated suite. All new Stainless Steal appliances, New Mattresses and Queen Size pillows, New Sofa/Sleepers, Granite Counter tops. We also have updated our breakfast to a Deluxe Continental in our new Breakfast Room. Belgium Waffles, Hard Boiled Eggs, Yogurt Fruit Parfaits, Cut Fruit Cups as well as our Muffins, Bagels, English Muffins, Cereals, Fresh Fruit, Juice and Coffee. We are your "Home Away From Home" in a quiet, suburban neighborhood just minutes away from shopping at The Forum, Historic Norcross and Perimeter Mall. Catch a game at Coolray Field to cheer for the Gwinnett Braves or Visit the Gwinnett Arena both in close vicinity to the hotel. Stone Mountain Park, Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta and even Six Flags over Georgia are no more that 15-20 miles from our location and we have all your comforts of home. The most amazing Front Desk team to help you with your travel destinations once you arrive and our Housekeeping team is here for your "Suite" needs. We look forward to having you enjoy time here at the TownePlace Suites Norcross, just awarded the 2012 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Also from Business Travel News' 2011,2012 & 2013 U.S. Hotel Chain Survey voted TownePlace Suites #1 Mid-Priced Extended Stay Hotel Brand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Atlanta Norcross Hotel Norcross
- Towneplace Suites Norcross