“Above average!”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Indiana
“Above average!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were traveling through Atlanta on our way to Florida. Out a little way from the main highways, not to far, but plenty of services nearby. Upon check in we found out from the manager that Wyndham's corp web page mistakenly allows you to book 5 persons to this room. I found this out when I asked for a roll away bed (which needs repaired) to be placed in our room for our 3rd son. Thanks to Deon, the manager on duty, we were able to make it work. Deon knows the area well and was able to give me directions to places I needed to go. He was very business casual but very friendly even though he was busy checking persons in. He had a younger helper named Jonathon that was very polite while taking care of tasks that were assigned to him like bringing us extra towels, sheets and the roll away bed. Very effective I might add. The carpet was worn but clean. The beds were very comfortable, the sheets were crisp clean and the room was quiet. Whomever cleans the rooms, they were very clean including the bathroom. No surprises. They have a small to medium size pool, large enough for my kids to cool off and burn some energy. They have a hot tub which I was not able to try due to our late arrival and the earlier than normal facility close time of 9:00 pm. The breakfast was fully stocked and the young lady taking care of it did not waste any time keeping up on things. It seemed that overall my wife was happy with our stay which made it better on me in the long run!!

Room Tip: I think the back may be just a bit more quiet since there isn't much activity behind the facilit...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank millertime01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Covington, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is an incredible deal for the rate you pay. The rooms were clean and spacious. The outdoor pool was nice. This hotel had a separate indoor room with a small hot tub which we also enjoyed. It is a little hard to find without a GPS since it is located near an industrial park. My only complaint was the breakfast was not great. Even by continental breakfast standards. Very little fruit, no yogurt, etc. However, compared to the other hotels you would get for this inexpensive rate, this hotel is a dream. We really did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jabbeke, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from May 31st till June 5th in room 236. This room is at the backside of the hotel, but only two rooms from the visitors laundry. They do not close it after a certain hour so be aware of guests who has an urge to wash their clothes in the middle of the night. Altough we stayed 5 nights they changed the sheets every day. Every breakfast you will find some warm eggs and meat. You can even drink your coffee out of a mug and your juice out of a glass. We appreciated it very much. Maybe you can consider some slices of cheese, ham, ...
The technical service is great. They replaced our clockradio at 11 pm when we came in and saw that it did not work anymore.
We can recommand this hotel, but if you are a light sleeper consider an other room.

Room Tip: The vending machines are at the 1st and 3rd level. The guest laundry at the 2nd. The odd numbers at...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We booked three rooms for a family event at this hotel because of the glowing reviews. We were disappointed to find a dark, dated room with a missing picture or mirror from the wall as evidenced by the bare hardware still hanging, rust and discoloration in and around the tub and uncomfortable pillows. The odor of mildew was overwhelming in one of our rooms. Fortunately, another family member with less sensitivity to the smell switched with me. On the positive side, the staff, pool area and breakfast were nice. The price is low for the area and as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. It certainly wasn't the worst place that I have ever stayed but next trip we will pay up and stay at the Hyatt just down the road.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Clean, spacious rooms are my favorite. This place has them. Very courteous staff. Great breakfast and barbeque next door. I have been there twice and would go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days for a basketball tournament with my husband and kids. This hotel was PHENOMENAL! I can't say enough about the property and the staff. First off, Jessica Buitrago is such a sweet person. She actually waited for us to get back from grabbing a bite before check-in prior to her leaving on her break. Very smooth and pleasant check in process. The room was spotless. Ample space and it smelled very fresh. The breakfast was pretty good, your standard hot items. Breakfast is 6-10am. Every hotel that I have been in, at 9:55am starts to put everything away so that by 10am SHARP, you can't even get a slice of bread. Not here! Our team returned from an early game on Saturday morning at about 10:10am. To our surprise, the cleaning up and putting away had begun, but there were still a few hot items left and the waffle maker was still available for use. I thought that was a nice touch, not the usual pack up and run deal most hotel breakfast staff people do. As we obviously were visitors with no knowledge of the area, we needed advice on where to eat. Michael at the from desk was not only informative, but went out of his way, above and beyond the call of duty, to give us coupons for free items at the local places and he had many menus for us. Overall, a cool guy. I was VERY, VERY pleased with my experience and would DEFINITELY return to this property. Probably the best value priced hotel I have EVER stayed in. GREAT PLACE! Trust me on this one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank babydoc11207
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed at this property 3 times in the last 3 months and find it perfect for a business traveller. The rooms are specious and clean and have large vanity in the bathroom. the free breakfast can get crowded as I usually arrived at 8:00AM and it was busy with few empty tables.
although there isnt a restaurant there are many within a short drive. go to Dominicks in Norcross for amazing Itailian food. For rooms ask for a room facing the back of the Hotel as the front rooms are a little noisy during the day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business