“Good for pricing”

Super 8 Norcross / I-85 Atlanta
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was a last minute stay booked on Expedia. When the first room was unsatisfactory, management quickly put us in a newly remodeled room. This room was very, nice and comfortable and the beds slept really wee. Decent room for decent pricing.

Room Tip: choose super 8
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 7, 2014

First off when you make a reservation online if clearly states you have until 4pm the day of check-in to cancel. So my husband who is former military decided to see if we could check in early because we have stayed here before and they were really nice and let us check in early. Now mind you they had all but five people there, the Indian guy at the front desk told my husband very rudely that he didn't have any rooms available and we would have to wait until three, which is fine since that the policy but they had little to no guests and I now know why. All they had to do was have a room ready within the hour we had just gotten off the highway with our three daughters and was exhausted. Since he didn't want to get our room ready we decide to go to another hotel. He then lied to my husband and told him that he would be charging my credit card or one night's stay because we didn't cancel within twenty four hours, my husband argued with the man and told him it clearly states online and on our reservation that we had until 4pm that day to cancel, do you know I had to call my bank and inform them on what the hotel manager/clerk was trying to do send them a copy of my reservation and have them block the company from charging my card, my husband didn't even make it to the car before this greedy Indian with horrible customer service swiped my credit card in which it was declined no thanks to Wells Fargo. We stay at super 8 hotels all over the country because of the discounts they provide military but this one is terrible and dishonest and makes the franchise look bad. Super 8 should not allow Indian's to invest in their hotel chain, they are dishonest, rude, and greedy. Do not stay here! We went to the Horizon Inn and Suites off Jimmy Carter paid seven dollars more got free breakfast and they check us in as soon as I got done with my online reservation with no wait. This is our second incident with this particular Super 8 I-85 Norcross;(

Room Tip: Go to Horizon Inn and Suites nice staff decent breakfast clean and quiet rooms safe for kids.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank LaTasha G
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the hotel was good. It was not fancy and the door frame did not fit real well, but for the price, it was a good hotel. There was a good choice of breakfast items and the room was clean, so we had no complaints.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chirag S, Manager at Super 8 Norcross / I-85 Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Judy,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay. We are in process of replacing our doors and improving our property. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to serving you again.

Have a pleasant week.

Chirag Shah

Reviewed February 27, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here overnight for a wrestling tournament .When we first went in our room the floor looked as if it had not been vacuumed .Crumbs and dirt were all over the floor.We were here mainly to have somewhere to sleep and leave first thing the next morning.We got ready for bed pulled back the blankets and there were hairs already in our bed!There is no way these sheets had been changed or clean.I can see sometimes were a single hair may get left behind in the wash but this,you just had to see it.I had brought blankets in the car for the kids.We wrapped up in these instead of sleeping in the beds like you would normally do.Next the heating...or lack of.We got there around 8:30 at night in 30 degree weather.I understand not running the heat until someone gets in the rooms but the unit we had did not heat well at all.We were cold almost all night.The bathroom,another scary disappointment.The floor was dirty,the tub was dirty.It had soap scum on it.Anyone that is reading this that has cleaned a tub knows that it takes a little while for soap scum to start building up when you skip cleaning...let's just say this tub had not seen any cleaning in a while.I was happy to leave the next morning bright and early at 6:30.Never again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Towels and sheets were changed! Breakfast was ready on time (nothing crazy but a nice variety)! AC was cold (necessary for "Hotlanta" heat)! The owner was nice and actually interested in each customer! We did have some loud neighbors but not sure whose fault that is..

Room Tip: Make sure the TV works..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Chirag S, Manager at Super 8 Norcross / I-85 Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hello Jason,

Thank you so much for providing a positive feedback to your stay. We greatly appreciate it. We do change towels and sheets everyday regardless of how many nights you stay with us. What else would you like to see be implemented in our breakfast? We are glad the A/C worked just the way you wanted and if you would have let us know about the neighbors, we could have told them to keep it down a little. Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Chirag