Hampton Inn Atlanta / Peachtree Corners / Norcross
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Dearborn Heights, United States
“Accountant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is near shops and restaurants. The dinning room is modern and comfortable. The pool is modern comfortable. Make sure you shower with the bathroom door closed. The steam from the shower may set off the smoke detector.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Lateama C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
norcross, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a bargain! Under $80 for an excellent room, breakfast, security, indoor access, morning paper (USA Today), friendly staff and secure free parking. More than 25 restaurants and eating places w/I 3 miles. 2.5 miles from historic Norcross train station central. Indoor pool "over-chlorinated". Shower curatin tends to leak around edges.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

greer, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We really enjoyed our brief stay, it was quiet and perfect location to everything. We especially love the hot breakfast we had in the morning, no complaints from us and the many channels on the TV. Great value for the money. We will definitely try to stay here again if he are in town again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Concord, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family had a good experience at the Hampton in Norcross. The Pool area was one main reason for the choice and the location is far enough out of the city, but was close enough to everything else we wanted.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

While traveling to Norcross GA for seminars at a company I stayed here and was pleasently suprised to find that this hotel was in a secluded wooded area that was very peaceful and quiet. I was told the hotel was in an industral park I expected to find a noisy area. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Yarisi (hope I spelled it right) was extremely helpful and hss a great sence of humor. She told me about the social hour on Tuesday evening amnd what they serve. I kidded her about not serving Pepsi. When I returned to the hotel after dinner and was talking to the GM who was serving and mingling I told him about what I had told Yarisi he laughed and reached into a cooler and pulled out a Pepsi and told me that this must be for me. She had bought a 20 oz Pepsi and was holding it for me. It is thongs like this tgat will make me return to this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013
NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this property. There's nothing truly exceptional about the facilities here, but there's not a lot to disappoint either. The rooms are clean, the carpets are clean, the bed and bedding are in good shape. No bedbugs. If you're looking for a reason to "definitely avoid this place", I can't think of any (with the possible exception of one environmental concern if that is a big deal to you).

This is an older property to be sure, but the rooms have all been renovated, so carpeting, furniture, bathroom fixtures, etc, are all fairly new. As we found out, some rooms have new A/C units, and others have original equipment (maintenance says the remaining older units will be gradually switched out over the course of the next year or so). Pricing on this property is lower than other Hampton Inns in Atlanta area, so if you're looking to get a Hampton Inn at a Comfort Inn price, you might want to give this place a look.

Staff was professional, courteous, and helpful. I was greeted by several employees and all of them asked how my stay was. I was missing an item from my room and a staffer brought one up to us lickety-split.

This location has an indoor pool and hot tub. That's always a plus in my book but I realize it is not everyone's cup of tea. The rooms have bathtubs if you need one of those (rather than a walk-in shower). The curtains were in great shape and they closed all the way without letting in light. The free breakfast was fine - nothing to rave about, but decent enough by Hampton Inn standards. Nothing seemed old or stale, the hot stuff was hot, and the staff kept it well stocked the 3 days that we were there. Thankfully there was plenty of seating - I've been in some pretty cramped hotel breakfast areas before.

The first room we checked in had a very noisy AC unit. It worked fine (e.g. nice temperature) and I probably could have lived with it but my wife was not thrilled. We called the front-desk and they sent a maintenance worker up within 2 minutes to see if it was just something simple (it was not). They quickly and happily offered to switch us to a different room, so we did that. The second room had a new unit that was whisper quiet.

There are no closets at this property, so you get a wooden wardrobe instead. I much prefer a closet, but you may not care one way or the other. The first room we were in was woefully short on electrical outlets (there was exactly one plug available). The second room had plenty. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom along with iron and ironing board. Don't expect a microwave, fridge or the like. Some Hampton Inns have cookies or some other kind of treat like that at the front-desk upon check in. This place doesn't, but it does have coffee available most of the time. Housekeeping came fairly late each day - after 3:30 PM on two days and almost 5:00 PM on the other day.

If they have any luggage carts, I never found them (I didn't ask because they were busy with other guests), so I had to make multiple trips and check-in and check-out.

The "business center" was actually just two old Windows XP computers set up in the dining area (e.g. noisy environment) along with a monochrome laser printer. The two didn't have much software on it. Most notably, and frustrating, you can't print PDF files (both machines kept complaining that a new Adbobe license was needed for that).

We didn't encounter any people-noise issues. We were on the 5th floor. The hotel is set pretty far back from any major thoroughfares, so traffic noise was non-existent. Free parking was plentiful. You probably want to avoid rooms ending in "19" or "17" (519/517, 419/417,
319/317 etc) if you're sensitive to that as these rooms are right by the elevator with people coming on and off.

The hotel is away from any of the major freeways (about 6 miles to 285 or 85). Whether that is good or bad is up to you. If plan on going downtown, allow 30 minutes when there is no traffic and an hour during busy times.

My biggest complaint about this property concerns hot water. Up on the 5th floor we got good water pressure, but had to let the water run a very LONG time to get any hot water. Once it came, it seemed plentiful (we never ran out), though it could be a few degrees hotter for
shaving. Over breakfast I talked to guests in two other rooms also on the 5th floor and they both said they had the same problem. One woman said she had to run the sink for "5 minutes" to get hot. That may be stretching the truth a bit, but I definitely had to run it almost two minutes before getting any hot water. I don't know if this was only the 5th floor or if the entire property had this flaw - I didn't talk to any other guests on other floors (they were mostly involved with one of the 3 wedding parties staying there). I mentioned this annoyance to the front desk but they said they have never heard of that being an issue before. Again, I had all the hot water I needed (given enough patience) so it wasn't a deal breaker for me, but I felt a little bad about watching gallons and gallons of water go down the drain (the hotel must go through thousands of gallons of wasted water per month if the problem is property-wide). If water conversation is an issue near and dear to your heart, you might want to save your nerves and look somewhere else until property management has addressed this issue (they would likely post a response to that effect here in TripAdvisor).

Internet access as some hotels can be really sketchy, but this one did not disappoint. I never experienced any dropped connections. I wasn't trying to do anything demanding like streaming videos, but it seemed pretty snappy compared to a lot of other properties I've encountered. It could be that they have good internet service, or it could be that nobody else was using the internet and I just got lucky, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to good free internet.

So, to sum up: If your standards are modest and you don't mind staying off the beaten path, you can snag a decent deal here, particularly with an AARP or AAA discount (Hilton Hhonors folks are even better off and can get this property practically free right now at only 5000 points). If you're looking for a new hotel or one with more amenities, this place may not be for you. Likewise if you're expecting a more upscale hotel with full services, this is not your ticket. Otherwise, your stay should be comfortable, clean, and quiet with decent breakfast and attentive service from staff. Folks who would be upset about water waste should look elsewhere until the hot water issues are fixed.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the elevator. These rooms all end in "17" or "19".