Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Spokane
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed December 11, 2010

From the outside, this looks like a lovely property, but unfortunately you cant judge a book by its cover. This is an OLD school Homewood Suites in dire need of renovation (or modernization). Of all the problems the biggest by far is there is NO WI-FI. For a business traveler, it’s impossible to express how pivotal this is. They offered a wired connection which is about the speed of dial-up. What's worse, the gentleman working the front desk Check-In NEVER mentioned it, nor was there any obvious notification on the website.

In addition, my initial room had a pungent fake orange smell to it. When asked for a new room, they made me schlep my stuff back to the front desk to get a new key card. There was only ONE person working that evening for the entire hotel. My next room luckily did not have an odor, but instead I was gifted with a lovely carpet stain in front of the kitchen, a poor working shower and also found a wash cloth hanging from heating vent.

On a plus side, the breakfast was nice and instead of standing around as common in many hotels, the morning front desk person also assisted with the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 8, 2010

My visit was for 5 days through the holiday. We had a group of relatives so we booked 5 rooms. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel was the staff was friendly. That seems to be the norm on all the reviews. I was not pleased with anything else. The breakfast was terrible. Each morning the choices you got the first morning were not there, it was less and less each morning. The waffle machine was closed down, Im guessing due to kids making a mess the morning before. The small dinner meals I didnt try, but one night one of the staff made a comment that made me feel not welcome to eat. Now the room I stayed in, the toliet broke the first night, the tv kept going off and then back on, it smelled like mold and mildew, the pull out sofabed was as thin as a sleeping bag, very uncomfortable. The other rooms booked had issues also. It was rundown and old, not like it looked on their website. Needless to say me and my family will not be back.

• Stayed November 2010
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Due to a travel mishap, I needed to add a late night stay to my travel plans thru Atlanta. I am a business traveler and have now been at a variety of hotel locations with varying degrees of quality and service. I'd never heard of Homewood Suites prior to booking it with my travel agency.

I arrived quite tired and was pleasantly surprised by the size and homeminess (you get what I mean) of the main counter area. The receptionist was very polite, professional and expedient at a very late hour of the day (~2am). There were complimentary toiletries available, which I needed since I hadn't planned to stay in Atlanta.

When I walked into my room I literally did a double take, not only was it large, but it also had all of the comfort features of home, large refrigerator, microwave (note these are usually not available in hotels), large screen TV in the living room (yes living room) and bedroom, a large bath and a very comfortable bed. I then realized that Homewood was affiliated with Hilton and it began to make sense. I have never had a poor experience at a Hilton site.

Last but certainly not least, in the morning, I went to the breakfast bar and was quite pleased to see offerings of real food, fresh waffles from a waffle maker and a variety of meats, cereals, danishes and the like.

Given the price I paid for the hotel, this was an outstanding value proposition and I plan to stay at a Homewood Suites in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed September 29, 2010

The rooms are ample and include basic cooking stuff which is good for extended stays. Laundry is resonable at $2. Be aware that this is ideally suited to extended stays.

Good service helpfull staff in fact all very good. The only improvements suggested would be colder AC in the gym and a shuttle bus that runs later in the evening (stops at 6pm) but dont let that detract from your choice!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We went to Atlanta for the sci-fi convention DragonCon. My family has taken this trip the last few years and this was definately the BEST hotel for our needs that we have stayed at. This suite came with a full refridgerator, perfect!! It kept everything cold, which is great if you have insulin because many of the hotels now only have "beverage coolers" which do not even get cold. It is near a Walgreens, Publix, and Target shopping center. Breakfast was great. Always plenty of towels, toilet paper, etc. Housekeeping was excellent. The price for the value was phenomenal!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Boston
Reviewed June 5, 2010

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for a week. There were five of us in the party - two adults and three kids. We booked a two bedroom suite. A two bedroom suite is actually a room with two double beds and a bathroom connected to a king sized bedroom with a bathroom, kitchenette and living room. We propped open the connecting doors to make it all one big suite. We paid $159 per night.

Check in was flawless. The room was ready and it was just what we had expected. The boys shared the room with two doubles. My daughter slept on the pullout couch in the living room and my husband and I took the room with the king sized bed.

The room was clean. The decor is dated and definitely shows some wear. In the room with the double beds, the closet was missing one mirrored door. Not a huge deal to us but worth mentioning.

The two bedroom suite was extremely spacious. It was a perfect place for a family of five to spread out for the week. The kitchen has a small, but full sized refrigerator, a stove with two burners, dishwasher and is fully stocked with dishes, pans and glasses. The bathrooms have a toilet, shower/tub combo inside. The sink and vanity are outside the bathroom. Perfect setup for when two people or more are trying to get ready - plus having the extra bathroom with five people was heavenly! There are three televisions in the two bedroom suites - both bedrooms and the living room. There is a table that seats three in the living room, a couch and a leather chair - plenty of seating for everyone. The king bedroom also had a writing desk and chair.

The Homewood Suites has a small pool, hot tub and 1/2 court basketball court. My kids loved all these things!

The hotel offers free breakfast everyday. They also have a free dinner Monday through Thursday. The menu for the dinner is posted on the refrigerator in your suite for the month ahead. My husband and I ate breakfast at the hotel five mornings. The kids were turned off on day one because, on that particular day, it was only eggs, meat, corn muffins, bagels and cereals that they didn't care for. They opted for a bagel - but it was so stale that it just crumbled when we went to slice it. Other days there were waffles, pancakes, and an egg scramble with egg, cheese and veggies. Some days at breakfast were better than others. A few times the food was cold - but there is a microwave available to reheat in the buffet area. Again, it's a complementary breakfast so no one is expecting eggs benedict.

The hotel has a laundry room with two washers and two dryers. It costs $1.00 per load to wash and $1.00 per load to dry. I did some laundry and ended up with some black marks on my clothes. I'm not 100% sure that it was caused by their washer and dryer but I can't find another cause (like leaving a pen in my clothes or washing brand new clothes with dye that could run).

Computers and printers are available in the "Executive" room which is open 24/7. Everything worked great and we were able to print out our boarding passes with no problem.

Housekeeping is EXCELLENT in this hotel. Everyday we came back to a spotless room. Some mornings we wouldn't leave until noon and yet when we came back at 4 pm, everything was perfect. There were always plenty of towels and facecloths. We had a huge room and the housekeeper worked hard to keep the room in pristine condition.

The beds are super comfortable. The sofa bed was less than comfortable - but probably okay for a child.

Staff at the hotel are friendly and professional. They always greet you when you walk through the lobby doors.

The hotel is located at the beginning of an executive park. There are many stores and restaurants nearby. You definitely need a car though, if you are staying here.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again, if I had a large group/family. The extra space is wonderful and it's for a good price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GrasshopperBoston
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Wonderful cozy hotel, convinently located close to technology park and local shops. Friendly staff, clean rooms and wonderfully comfortable beds make this a hotel worth going back to again! This is a home away from home. If you are looking for a comfortable, cozy hotel with excellent service and good value then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business