“Big fan of the Hyatt Place - This is right on par”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I just love Hyatt Place. The amenities are always just right. Its the little details you might not think to ask for but when you have them it really makes a difference: like always having toothpaste in your room, always having plenty of mirrors, a full size powerful hairdryer, a wet bar, very full fluffy pillows, good breakfast with good coffee and other coffee options throughout the day, all granite counter tops, a separate couch, a large TV with extra electronic panel that can swivel to be seen in each side of the semi-divided room. Makes it easy to do a little workout while watching TV.

Staff was very friendly and competent. Some elevator trouble but maintenance team was alerted and it was a 30 second delay max. The finishes are showing some age and it is probably nearing time for a renovation but the place was clean and nothing was in bad shape - just a little wear and scratches on the bottom of door frames and such. It was an outstanding value and relatively close to the Forum shopping center and a straight shot to Buckhead. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I think the rooms are above average. Although it may appear to be a little crowded the decent sized television more than makes up for it. Rooms are clean and the decor is up to date. I had some issues with the bathroom but the engineer on duty, Marcus, was knowledgeable, courteous and I didn t even need to call the front desk. Overall my experience here was great. Breakfast was above average but you can t expect too much for the price of the rooms. I would recommend staying here if you are is town!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel was located about 25 minutes from my destination (Lennox Square and Phipps Plaza) but it was worth it. The hotel is very clean and the staff were professional, kind, and courteous. Isaac, the GM, was equally as nice and eager to assist in any way possible. Staff get an A++.

The room was typical of Hyatt Place with separate lounging area. There was a problem with the available king bed room so I accepted the double beds. The room and common areas were clean and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet. The breakfast was amazing and I would highly recommend it. A variety of options and all very tasty. It was an incredible value ---> I got this room for around $60 per night (w/ free wi-fi and breakfast) and received excellent service as if I had paid $200. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We were in Atlanta for a brief stay. Service was excellent. Decor is modern. Elevator was a little quirkily. It seemed to need service. Hallway and carpet in our room was damp from cleaning. 3 brand new treadmills, one bike and elliptical.

Breakfast was fabulous. Fresh fruit and a wonderful variety if egg sandwiches and great strong coffee. Loved getting WSJ not just USA Today. Also looked like a good selection of wine in bar area for small hotel like this one.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pamala H
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is our second time staying here,Last year we stayed for 4 days and last week we stayed for 2 days and I thought after one year it will be bad because some hotels do not maintain.but this Hotel was actually look better than last year they have keep their service,quality of rooms and look of the hotel very nice.breakfast was the best.internet workes very good.rooms are very nice and spacious front desk was very helpful.For family this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dipak-ft
Reviewed November 5, 2012

1. Employees were extremely rude and unhelpful
2. Tv went out three times and had to have maintainence guy come up twice
3. Has to be credited a ppv movie because it was so difficult to order
4. Our phone rang on two separate occasions at 7am for no reason and woke us up, ruined our sleeping in on our vacation
5. The shuttle service had no customers and wasn't busy, yet it refused to take us one mile over their 5 mile radius..
6. Their internet was unbelievably slow
7. There was a $70 hold on my account for 5 days

The rooms were nice if you want to have 2 feet of showering space. Overall, this hotel looked nice on the outside but our experience was terrible. Would never recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for the weekend to attend a wedding and we were pretty comfortable all things considered. The room was spacious enough to spread out, having the couch and ottoman was nice when visiting with relatives. The fridge came in handy for snacks and drinks, but the lack of a microwave didn't make sense. It is close to many shops and restaurants - The Forums are only 3 lights up and worth the drive.

There's a small bar that serves beer and wine, starbucks coffee and sandwiches and snacks. The service there was hit or miss. I went down one afternoon, sat down and waited for someone to notice me for 15 minutes. Two girls behind the counter looked at me, but continued on with their conversation. I did eventually get coffee, as another girl came up and helped me. Starbucks it is not, but it was caffeinated and overpriced, so it was similar enough.

We attempted to order some food on Saturday evening, but there was only 1 guy running the whole front desk. Checking in people, serving beer and wine, answering questions, etc. He was overwhelmed and harried. They were out of a number of menu items, or parts of them, so we didn't eat afterall.

Breakfast the following morning was crowded, but there's plenty of comfortable seating. The food options were decent, it was kept relatively clean by a very friendly hard-working woman. This is a great time to stock up on Coffee and Tazo Tea, if that's your thing. Otherwise, after 10am, they'll charge you. It's the same "Starbucks" in the carafe that they serve for $3 a cup.

At times there was pretty long waits for the elevator, which seemed odd for a small hotel like this. And when I stepped into one on Sunday morning, I was rather shocked to find a pile of vomit. I held my breath on the way down and notified staff, who were quick to clean it. up.

For transportation to the wedding, they had arranged the use of the shuttle van at 6:45pm. However, we had a large group of people and they were not aware they would need to take multiple trips. The first left a few minutes late and we had to wait. We made it to the wedding with 5 minutes to spare, thankfully. The woman who drove was very personable - though I think she went the long way to the venue, our ride back with family was all back roads and took about half the time.

The beds were ok, your standard firm innerspring. The TV's are large, but most of the channels aren't digital, so the quality is poor. The bathroom left alot to be desired. Talk about SMALL. You almost have to climb into the tub to open the door. The white coating on our tub was peeling and cracked, I just put the rubber mat down over it. The bathroom fan was really loud and once it was on for about 5 minutes it started whirring and humming so loud you could hear it over the tv. Other than that, the room seemed rather quiet, which I appreciated when sleeping.

I think with just a wee bit more effort on the part of the staff, this place could be really good. Details are important even at a location like this, one that's not necessarily a destination location. However, for our purposes, it suited us just fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family