“Great Service”

Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Check-in was a breeze, they even have a self-checkin machine like you see in the airport for flights.

Stayed two nights with a group from work and the breakfast area was very clean and well kept. Used dishes were almost immediately cleaned up and the staff was very friendly - one of the nice ladies that work there even made me a coffee when I was ready to leave AFTER breakfast was over.

A few of us hung out at the bar after a day at work and they made sure we were well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Greensboro,NC
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I had stayed previously and was not planning on coming back because the room I had contained a musty smell but a $71 rate drew me back.

This time the room was great. Most Hyatt Places are the same so not much to describe that is different. The Norcross property is in a quiet area and close to northern business suburbs.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterFNYNC
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I was in the area for a 3-day workshop. The staff was extremely accomodating and shuttled us to & from the workshop location, took us to restaurants in the evening, and generally made sure we had whatever we needed. I was pleasantly surprised that breakfast was included at a Hyatt; it wasn't deluxe but was more than adequate. At night, a microwave oven was available to heat up leftovers from the night before. Handy fridge in room. While there is not a full service restaurant in the hotel, there was tasty light fare available at the bar. (best salsa anywhere!) The lobby was a very contemporary but pleasant place which encompassed the front desk, bar, lounge area, breakfast area, and pastry case.
Loved the room layout & design -- most of the room was dedicated to a large, comfortable sofa/ big-screen TV/desk & wet bar area, which was screened off from the incredibly comfortable bed. Friends could come in and not feel like we were visiting in a bedroom. Excellent use of space.
Overall, this place is quiet & comfortable, has a superb staff and I'd come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Very accomodating staff! They all went out of there way to make our stay very nice! Clean rooms...nice TV and a good location. Easy access to everything nearby. The receptionist (I think her name was Sherry) was awesome! Traveling alone with my two sons...she gave great tips and info that helped to make our stay a GREAT one...!! THANKS Sherry! :-)

The only cons are: the bathrooms are small (large room..small bathroom???) with no exhaust vents. And the pool is not very big. :-( Other then that, a great stay!

P-colafun ;-)

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank PCOLAFUN_10
Greensboro,NC
Reviewed September 15, 2010

As the title suggests, the service from the staff was top notch. Very impressive, friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in the suburbs of Atlanta and is in a quiet location. The hotel is setup as most Hyatt Place locations I have stayed: swanky lobby with a small bar / eating area, large rooms, comfortable beds, nice couches and big screen TV. Continental type breakfast and wireless internet is complimentary with the room.

However, this hotel room had a musty smell to it. When I was out for dinner (California Pizza Kitchen was only a few miles away in an upscale shopping center), I stopped at CVS and got some spray to help.

Also, the hotel had no hot water in the morning due to a busted heater or something. That could happen anywhere so hard to be too critical but made for an uncomfortable shower.

The price was great ($89) but unless they figure out the musty smell, I could not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank PeterFNYNC
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This was a nice hotel....Hyatt Place hotels are always nice. The room was nice. Unfortunately even though I put "do not disturb" sign up, it didn't stop the rug cleaning guy who didn't notice it and at 9:15am decided to put the machine right outside our door. Not the hotels fault I guess.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed March 23, 2010

This is the best hotel to stay in if you are on a budget and would like to stay at the best hotel. I was surprised when I received a rate that beat the rate of my other home in Norcross. After receiving a great deal with them and my other home would not go down on their prices, eveyweekend Hyatt became my home. The price is great, the rooms are wonderful, I wish I could take the TV with me, the staff is awesome, and the breakfast was great. I would stay again which I have for every weekend since December 2009.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business