All reviewsmassage chairroom was cleanwithin walking distancestay there againbig screen tvan older propertyfit the billcleaning staffwaffle houseking bedeasy accesscoffee makerstone mountaindesk clerkatlantamotelmicrowave
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Found the room to be very clean, beds were comfortable, pillows were good, didn't see any bugs. Overall nice stay, booked online and got a great deal. Never felt unsafe, not in a bad part of town at all. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for DragonCon 2013. Hotel was quiet and clean. Had no problems with anything. Breakfast pastries aren't what I would call food, and I don't drink coffee, so that was a non-benefit for me.

Short trip to the Doraville train station which provides free daily parking, and we took the train into Atlanta (about 20-25 minutes every day).

It would be nice if this hotel was right next door to the train station, but other than that, I have no complaints. Hotel was near capacity the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ok, I understand that it is the responsibility of guests to make sure that you have retrieved all of your property before you leave, but accidents happen. I was attending a conference, and left 3 autographed pictures in my room at the Guesthouse. When I got home, 2 1/2 hours away I realized what I had done. I was told that no one from the cleaning staff was there to check their lost and found, so I would have to check back in the morning. The next morning, after calling 3 times and getting no one to pick up, someone finally did. He said he would check with the cleaning staff. They gave him a picture, not in a frame, of a family and said that was the only thing left in the room. I did not even have a picture like that in the room. It is my position that the cleaning staff either kept my autographed pictures or threw them away. PLEASE, do not tell someone "nothing else was left in the room," after they explain to you that something WAS left in the room. I'm not perfect. I've left things in a hotel room before, but at hotels with good service, you at least get a phone call telling you "hey, we found this in your room!" Not "we're not responsible for what you left."

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Roaming_Rowes
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Rowe,

We apologize for your experience with our property. We really do our best to retrieve items left in the rooms. In the past we've called guests back regarding shoes, laptops, cell phones, cameras, even cash. However in this case, we really have not found anything. We have spoken to our head housekeeper and checked the lost and found. If we can't find something, that's really all we can say. We are sorry that you lost your items and hope that they turn up on your end. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry that we cannot help you further.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Terrible. Poor service n toilet system is terrible. Toilet overflows easily and you have to clean it yourself. They won't even give you a mop. I will never stay here again. In fact I am checking out 4 days early and they don't even offer refunds. The beds make you itchy and housekeeping is terrible.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank jackdalrymple
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

In your special case as I've explained to you previously, we have refunded the remaining amount of your stay back. On behalf of our staff, we sincerely apologize again for your experience.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We got a good deal from hotels.com. $47 with room fees and all. It was ok. Beds are not that great--only complaint. The shower didnt seem super clean as there were a couple of hairs on the wall and a small bottle soap ring on the corner of the bath tub. :/ That was gross. Was a busy place, though, compared to the Super 8 right next door.

• Stayed: August 2013