“Horrible”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia
“Horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Management is horrible, there was an issue with their billing and instead of staying and helping she decided to leave and go to dinner leaving one employee to handle a crowd of people on a busy Friday night, then maybe get to me even though i was there first. It took hours btw!!! She should have called the help desk herself. I have been in management for years and I would never ever ever have left until the issue was resolved. Meanwhile Money is gone from my card and I am in limbo.

That was just management. The rooms are nasty, housekeeping staff is rude and ghetto,not all just some. I have been here for 2 months the rates are what kept me here. Now that they have raised the rates I can stay somewhere else way nicer without police, pimps, hoes, drug dealers and everything else for the same price. Not to mention I can have a Fridge and microwave for the same price somewhere else. Now I will spend my next 2 months paying a hotel that appreciates my business and my money.

P.S Quint handled himself so well under the pressure he was put under. I appreciate his patience and hard work. Thank you for keeping me calm your customer service was excellent.

Room Tip: Book online through a third party. Always better rates and less front desk drama.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
usa1281, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this review, January 11, 2015
Thank you for your review. We apoligize for any issues that may have occured on your stay. We currenly have new staff, and are in the process of renovating the property. We would like it if you could come for a visit and see all the improvements made.

-Red Roof Inn Norcross Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I think the the staff are wonderful I like the friendliness for the front desk staff Linda and Quint they are always kind and helpful when ever I stay and I always see a smile even if they are having a bad day

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you Phonda for your wonderful review. We always try our best to provide excellent customer service. We are currenyl in the process of undergoing renovation. It would be wonderful for you to come see how we continue to improve the property for our guests enjoyment.

-Red Roof Inn Norcross Management
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Linda greeted me when I arrived and Quint checked me in and made sure my room was ready. The service was excellent the room was ready and met the expectation. This hotel is a good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review and for staying with Red Roof Inn Norcross. We are glad to hear that your experience was pleasant. We look forward to having you again as a valuable guest.

-Red Roof Inn Managaement
Shelby, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

During a recent stay at this location(have stayed here in past) I tripped on entrance walkway because of uneven concrete probably unleveled by tree roots.I fell face forward bruising my left knee and cutting my right knee,ripping my jeans.After getting me to our room my husband contacted front office where girl behind desk gave him two bandaids,bottle of antiseptic which she said "be sure to return this".She also told him there was no insurance unless accident happened in room.This occurred right at entry to lobby.She told my husband general manager was in a meeting on another property,had no way of getting in touch with her.On later contact she stated general mgr would come to our room within 25-30 mins.Two hours later no response and we had to start for home and she stated gen mgr had our cellphone # and would contact us.We have yet to hear from anyone.The only person that showed concern was gentleman from cleaning staff who came by room door and asked me if I was OK and how was I feeling.On sidenote room 201 is nonsmoking king which reeked of cigarette smoke and had cigarette burns in carpet and bedcover.We have stayed here before but will never stay again.We were not asking for any compensation(although jean replacement would have been good pr),simply being concerned would have been nice.

Room Tip: ask to see room before checking in
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sending us your feedback from your stay with us at the Norcross location. In the last few months this location changed owners. In the process, we have gone through several staff member changes and have had to provide adequate training around the clock.

We apoligize for the inconvenience that you experienced on your last stay. We have taken precautions to level out the concrete. We are currently in the process of renovating the property. We would appreciate it if you would come revisit the property once the renovations are complete.

We hope to see you soon, and truly appreciate your business.

-Red Roof Inn Management

Travelers are raving about these Norcross hotels

Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The room smelled really musty, with a big overlay of "room freshener". Cleaning could have been better. Hair in the tub. TP stuck in the peep-hole in the door (somebody was really paranoid!). spots on the mirror up high (must have been cleaned by a short person). Dirty splatters on the wall above mirror. The carpet had been cleaned so many times it was wrinkled. I think the musty smell came from the carpet. Peeling paint here and there. The whole property looked a bit shabby. But it was cheap!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

We have taken your comments into serious consideration. We are in the process of renovating the property. We would like to invite you to revisit once the renovations are completed.

We hope to have you as a valuable guest again soon.

-Red Roof Inn Management
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Our family landed here after a miserable stay at another area hotel. From the moment we stepped into the Red Roof Inn Norcross we were treated extremely well by all the staff. They were very courteous & professional. The rooms are quite nice & certainly adequate for our needs. Beds are comfortable & bathroom is spacious. Our kids just moved to Norcross from Buckhead so we had to find a nice property we would be willing to return to again & again when we visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for visiting the Red Roof Inn- Norcross. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your business. We look forward to seeing you again

-Red roof Inn Norcross Management
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel was so bad we stayed maybe 10 minutes then checked out. Most of the people there actually lived there.A school bus stops there to drop children off who live there.I t did not feel safe at all.So many people just hanging out all over the hotel. Now the room was GROSS.It smelled like dog urine and musty, moldy. The room was so dirty.And the staff so unprofessional.I would never stay here again,no matter how reasonable the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our property here in the Norcross, GA. I noticed that you encountered some issues that we truly apologize for and appreciate you bringing to our attention, so we can ensure that future guests do not encounter these items. I have addressed the Front Desk GSRs with your comments and would like to assure you that your encounter has been utilized for training purposes. The location of this property along with our economy rates are an attractive appeal to our guest and hope you will allow us to serve you again.