“Almost a victim of identity theft at this hotel-DO NOT STAY HERE”

Days Inn & Suites Norcross
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia
“Almost a victim of identity theft at this hotel-DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was poorly maintained but that could have been overlooked if I was not almost the victim of identity theft while staying here. Please be aware if you stay at this hotel you may have a similar expereience since the front desk clerk said that the management was aware of this scam going around.My husband and I were in our room and it was about 10:30 p.m. when the phone in the room started to ring. I picked up the phone and what sounded to be a middle age white man proceeded to tell me that he was the second shift front desk worker and he needed to verify my credit card information. He told me that my room was already paid for and that there wasn't a problem with that but that he needed to verify my credit card for insurance purposes and incidentals. He was very polite and stated that he was going to credit my card 25%of the rooms price for the inconvience of his calling so late to disturb us. I told him that I would be right down to the front desk to verify the information he was requesting. He said o.k., all the time still being very nice and not throwing up any red flags. I went down to the front desk only to find a women workng and she said that no one from the hotel staff had called me. She stated that she was glad that I did not give the man any information and that the management was aware of the scam and had posted a little sign warning the staff. I told her that the sign needs to be where the customers of the hotel can see it because customers need to be aware that this is going on. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again and so not recommend anyone else do so either. I went for a one night getaway and now I am going to have to monitor my bank information to make sure that it was not compromised. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
daysinnandsuitesnorc, Webmaster at Days Inn & Suites Norcross, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Days Inn Norcross!

Thanks for your stay and the review.

We shall definitely check and take action on your remark.

We won’t justify, but shall investigate on this and take necessary actions.

Guest reviews always help us to improve.

You are always welcome to stay with us and we will offer you the best hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Statesboro
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room was not as clean as it could be. There were other residents that kept us up all night yelling and talking. The hotel overall was of average quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with the Days Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and are investigating and addressing your observations for further improvement towards safety and security.

We are engaging a professional agency to improve the cleanliness and to avoid any type of nuisances to the guests.

We hope that you will choose again and experience a nice and peaceful stay.

Hotel Manager.