“The hotel, not the rooms newly renovated.”

Days Inn & Suites Norcross
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

this hotel is basically an average to poor in updated rooms. They are kept clean but mold is in the bathrooms. Sinks are maybe 10 years past their prime. Bed was hard. Few outlets. One was in poor shape. Covers are cheap...please replace them. The room was warm upon arrival, ac was off. Upon return that night after dinner, hotel hall smelled of animal urine, our room of pot!! I had to fabreeze it to rid the smell. Upon checkin the guy ran my card twice because he got an error...however my card has been charged twice! Now I must wait five days for it to be refunded. All around poor to average Days Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012
daysinnandsuitesnorc, Webmaster at Days Inn & Suites Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Days Inn during your recent stay.

We appreciate your review and also take your observations seriously.

We have investigated the double charge issue and are sorry for such an unlikely incidence.

Anyhow, we have taken strict steps and an effective check system to ensure that a similar experience never happens to anyone.

We take our guest reviews in a constructive manner so as to improve our services.

Please reconsider and choose us for another stay, and experience the change.

Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Wow. I actually feel like a bad parent for letting my toddler sleep here. Upon arrival we were greeted by our lovely transsexual prostitute neighbor talking to its date in the parking lot about very descriptive and cheap options. The reciption was okay. Not very warm. The smell of the inside was awful. As soon a you walked down the halls it was pure funk. We got to our first room #125 Tried to get comfy. Didn't happen. Very stinky and gross. Then I notice the door wouldnt quite shut. I gave it a little push and nothing. I opened it up and realized the top wasnt going to shut. It had very obviously been pryed open several times with a crow bar. We decided to switch rooms. Which the man did very quickly. He also followed us to check the door, he assured us rudely that it was safe and the fact that you could see into the hallway in through the gap in the door was okay, ha not quite. I could fit my fingers I that gap. Our new room was directly across the hall room 124. The cleanliness was worse. We did not use shower. Had to wear shoes in bathroom. The room hadn't been cleaned properly ever. Hair on floor. Stains in sink toilet had a ring around it from lack of use. just grimy. My flip flops made sticking sounds on the floor. We stripped off the nasty comforter only to find staind missed match sheets. Each bed had two very pathetic pillow. This place was a disgusting joke. Oh. Did I mention that every room comes with its own safe? Yes a safe. Microwaves I've seen but a freaking safe?? Also the back door had bullet holes in the stucco siding. Do not stay here. The only way this place got a good review must have been because other people are use to crack motels. Stay here at your own risk. Actually just dont stay here if your not a drug addict or hooker.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Sorry to hear that comment, Review all comment and corrected all deficiency immediately.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'll say right off the bat that I am not a motel type of person. I have never stayed at a motel before and am much more inclined to pay ~$75+ per night for a nice hotel than to stay at this kind of place. My boyfriend, though, convinced me that for a two night stay we only needed to pay for what's the most important- a good place to sleep. So after a full day of arguing with him, I sucked up my pride and pushed away my fears of bed bugs, sex stains, and dirt that I thought to be most commonly associated with cheap rooms. The first thing I noticed was a huge sign that said "newly renovated." I'm not sure when this renovation occurred, but I'm thinking it was after the <2010 reviews because the stay actually wasn't that bad. The man at the check-in counter was rude, but it could be because some things were lost in translation with his accent and poor English skills. After we brought the items into the room, I went back to the front counter to ask for the internet username/password, only to hear the sound of snoring in the back room. It was a late night check-in, around 1am, but no one in Customer Care should be sleeping on the job no matter what time your shift is. The next morning, we were woken up at 9:30am by a pounding on the door for housekeeping. It's nice that they wanted to clean, but I've never encountered housekeeping before 10am, especially by any pounding on the door. All things considered, customer service was a 2/5.

For the room itself, we had a huge room with a king sized bed. Having been a victim of bed bugs before, I first stripped the sheets off to make sure they were clean and uninfected. Excellent condition. The review before mine stated torn curtains and dirty towels- our window and bathroom areas were fine. I didn't inspect the rest of the room for cleanliness otherwise, so I think from a standard perspective it was clean overall. The main utilities worked perfectly (fridge, shower, sink, toilet). The TV picture was fuzzy at times so we adjusted the cables twice, not too bad.

Customer service was poor, but for the clean bed, no bugs, and working utilities I really can't complain because that's exactly what we came for. We didn't check out the pool so I can't comment on that, but with complimentary breakfast and free parking, we scored a bargain value! I can't say that I am now more of a fan of motels, but based on this experience, I would come back to this Days Inn again. For as cheap as this was, I was impressed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

sorry for services not receives but that clerk already find job other place,

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Should have read the reviews before we picked this hotel. This was the WORST hotel ever, carpet dirty with stains, worn, unraveling. Curtains torn, bedspread dingy, towels dirty, room smelled of smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Booked thru Expedia and called and asked for a refund, this was the pits! Should not be on any respectable travel sites.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn for your stay during your visit.

We appreciate you for taking the time to write the review mentioning the nitty gritties which shall go a long way towards improvement.

We are taking every possible step to improve the rooms further and the amenities including a redo shortly. All points mentioned by you have been properly taken care of.

You can count on us and choose us for your next stay and we are confident that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We reserved a room for 3 nights to go to Stone Mountain and as soon as we got to our room I asked for a refund but was refused. The rooms were dirty, the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. My boys wanted to swim so we went to the pool and there were bugs crawling on the walls and tables. The chairs looked like they were found in the dumpster. They refused to turn the heat on the hot tub past 80 degrees so I wouldn't even allow the kids in there for fear of bacteria that should not be in there. The staff was rude and disrespectful. We ended up losing money becuase me refused to stay there another night. This was the most horrible experience I've ever had at a motel. I understand you get what you pay for but I have stayed for less with a more pleasurable experience. I DO NOT RECOMMEND A STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Find another motel or hotel somewhere else. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Days Inn during your visit to our area.

We appreciate you for the review and regret the experience however unlikely it may be.

We take it seriously towards improvement.

The front desk staff has been given special training to ensure they offer the guests the best hospitality and service.

The hotel cleaning and maintenance staff has been given additional training to ensure that this does not happen again.

We hope that you will consider us once again and have a new experience.

Reviewed November 4, 2011

We went to a fair at Stone Mountain in October and 5 women stayed here in 4 rooms. All the rooms were very large, clean and well appointed. All of our requests were quickly and happily accomodated. It was very easy to find but was away from teh city a bit. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was here when i couldnt get accomadation during my visit around PGA tour.
It was Days Inn that gave me the accomadation in such a short notice.

Other hotels in the vincinity raised the rates, But Days Inn gave me dicounted price even on my very first Visit. The Managemen is good and very kind .

I would come back in my next visit to Days Inn, I would recommend any one without a doubt to stay in Days Inn.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business