“Comfy room, but pricey wifi”

Hilton Atlanta Northeast
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Tampa, FL
“Comfy room, but pricey wifi”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here two nights. The room was clean. My only complaint was that the wifi is expensive, so I was disconnected for a couple of days.

Also be aware that the entrance to the hotel is very difficult to see, until you're right on top of it, and then making a u-turn is difficult. Trust your GPS, there really is a hotel there. A lighted sign closer to the edge of the highway would be very helpful. There isn't a turn lane, but there is a breakdown lane that you can use as a turn lane so that the crazy Georgia driver behind you doesn't run over you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Hilton Atlanta Northeast is a nice hotel. It doesn't have the 'WOW' luxury factor that a lot of other Hilton hotels have that I stay in but this is a nice one. It's got a homely feel & the area is really beautiful with lots of nature. I'm a city lover so this was a nice change.

I travelled solo and I stayed for one night. I don't think I'd want to stay longer because it's not as high standard as I'm used to from most of the Hilton brands. It was nice enough though. More explained below:

Room:
The room was gorgeous. Nice, spacious and clean. This was the main plus of the hotel, the room was brilliant.

Bathroom:
Clean and has everything you need - soap, shower cap, lots of towels, face cream, shampoo... The shower head looked quite old though and was coming off the wall a bit. It didn't affect its performance though. The shower worked fine but the pressure was quite low.

Restaurant:
The restaurant food in the hotel was nicer than I expected. When I walked into the hotel it had a very casual, cafe look to it. When I had the pizza, I was very pleased with it. The pizza and fries is DELICIOUS!

Service:
The front desk staff were very helpful and very pleasant and professional.

Internet:
There's free wifi in the lobby but there's a fee for wifi in the rooms.

Local area:
The hotel is by a motorway so a car/taxi is needed.

Spa/Massage:
I had a massage there in a room on the ground floor and it was okay. I expected more of a professional spa room ...it was basically a room with a spa table and candles. It was nice, just not what I expected from a Hilton. The masseuse was from an independent company hired by Hilton...so I don't think that expecting a professional spa room was reasonable of me lol.

Overall, it was a nice stay. :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I as well as the last reviewer was at the Hilton for the Moonlight and Magnolias conference. I made my reservation in June or July. I confirmed it. I demanded an email confirmation since I didn't get one, had asked for one repeatedly, and wanted to have one for the record. I reconfirmed twice before the conference, because I, by choice, had upgraded myself to a junior suite, and was happily paying the difference. I got a new confirmation and took it with me. Upon arriving on Friday night, I was told my room was a double standard, and i said 'No', I have a junior suite, she said , I have you down for a standard, and I said "No, I have a junior suite," and showed my papers. There was no denying it because I had my paper work. Then the young lady said we don't have any more suites. I said, what is the point of confirming and reconfirming etc... She said you are absolutely correct and I have nothing to argue with. Some one had arbitrarily down graded my room, no explanation. It turned out to be a man by the name of Mansour or Mr. Mansour. Anyway, the young lady solved the problem. She found that another guest had been arbitrarily 'upgraded' without her knowledge up a suite. They gave me my suite and for the inconvenience, gave me the regular rate and free internet. The only other negative was they took a long, long time to have rooms cleaned. The food was average, not great but not too bad either. the conference was convenient, right after you got off the elevator. The trip was satisfactory. No complaints
Except for .....Mr. Mansour. Please don't give away rooms that are not your business to give away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank merrytime
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate any opportunity to reach out to our valued guests and are here to help in any way we can. We are very sorry for your disappointments surrounding the availability of the room type reserved and the delays in service. We do understand how important it is to receive a room which meets our guest's specific needs and always strive to provide the accommodations they can expect. We sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations, as this is our goal each day here at Hilton Atlanta Northeast. You have our every assurance that we take any feedback regarding our hotel very seriously and will ensure your comments are shared with the management of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Atlanta Northeast. We do appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.
Kinder, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I was there for the Moonlight & Magnolias writers conference. Excellent accommodations and service. ONLY complaint is that wifi is $10/day PER laptop not per room. If u have two people in a room that need to work on two laptops at same time...that's $20 extra per day. I only paid for it one night and made do with my 4G phone the rest of the time. Even though, i would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank LLegerCajunflair
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As we take great pride in exceeding the expectations of our guests, we do appreciate you sharing your experience. I am glad we were able to meet your expectations and accommodation needs as your loyalty is our biggest compliment. We have noted your comments regarding the Internet fees. Please know that we do strive to make each stay comfortable and enjoyable for each of our guests. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your future stays even better. Thanks again for your valued feedback. We appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.
Denver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I just stayed here for a conference and was not at all impressed. While the lobby is quite nice and the staff is friendly and eager to help, those are the only positive aspects I can report for this hotel. The location wasn't convenient to the Atlanta airport. It's about a half an hour drive or more (and through heavy downtown Atlanta traffic), which is not great. When I arrived, I was hungry after being on a delayed flight. My room service included $10 for a "shrimp cocktail" which consisted of 4 shrimp and green slime masquerading as "spinach and artichoke dip." Not only was the dip gross, but all the tortilla chips provided were stale. ALL OF THEM. I didn't bother to complain since it was already late and I was tired and it had taken me over half an hour to receive my room service slop in the first place.

Cleanliness was also an issue at this hotel. My shower had standing water in it and numerous hairs when I arrived. When I say numerous hairs, I mean more than five and some of them were of the curly variety. Ick. The water in the shower also didn't go down the drain very well so that by the time I finished showering, I was standing in about an inch and a half of stagnant water. The thermostat was ancient (no digital panel, only a switch) and my room smelled badly of mildew. The room had an air of dilapidation--the desk chair was badly worn to the point that the faux leather was stripped off in lots of places, and the bed linen had a stain (and a spider!) on it when I arrived.

Overall, the worst part of this hotel was its food. I know conference food isn't going to be delicious, but this place reached a new low. Breakfast was mostly tasteless and usually cold. Lunch was okay one day and awful another. The buffet dinner was missing half its items (and mostly cold again) and we had to wait in line for about five minutes for the chicken to be refilled. I mean, didn't they know they were serving a large group of people that evening? I also had lunch in Basil's Kitchen prior to leaving and found the lunch served there equally poor. How can you mess up a Reuben sandwich? Ask the staff at Basil's, because they did. It was the worst Reuben I've ever eaten, but at least it was warm.

This place really needs an overhaul. I wouldn't ever come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank EllieWhit1863
Nathaniel713, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We appreciate any opportunity to reach out to our valued guests and are here to help in any way we can. We are very sorry for your disappointments and sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations, as this is our goal each day here at Hilton Atlanta Northeast. You have our every assurance that we take any feedback regarding our hotel very seriously and will ensure your comments are shared with the management of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Atlanta Northeast. We do appreciate your business and patronage and look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.
Raleigh
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were staying here over one night in a trip home and we were tired and needed a hotel for the night so we chose this for 75ish dollars a night and don't get me wrong it is a full service hilton but I was shocked at the quality of it but it was so clean and the staff was very welcoming. I will probably never been in the area again but it was a good stay in room 1005.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The outside is gorgeous setting excellent expectations. But once inside the front door, the lobby is small and dark. Fortunately, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The elevators were not clean - dirty floors, fingerprints everywhere with smudges, and lights out both in the elevator and on the floor keys.

The junior suite upgrade was excellent but the TV didn't work in the living area and the electrical outlet by the lamp didn't work either. The A/C in the bedroom was loud and fortunately cold. The bed was comfy but the pillows not so much. The bathroom was roomy and nice although the faucet on the tub was broken.

The place has great potential and is in serious need of maintenance and cleaning.

The restaurant sounded great however it didn't open until 5PM, and when I arrived at 5:10PM, I waited 3 minutes and no one greeted me. I left. I figured the food would be just as bad as the service I never got.

I see the potential but I can't rate it higher than average. The price is too high to pay for average unfortunately - and I'm a Hilton Diamond! I love Hilton properties. I will stay here again and hopefully they will read this post and do something about it. So much potential...

Room Tip: I had a corner suite - great size room but needs maintenance and deep cleaning.