“Sliding down the value drain”

Hilton Atlanta Northeast
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Sliding down the value drain”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

First let me say, I have stayed at this property for many years, at least 20 times. Every year this property looks more tired, often showing substantial signs of wear. For a "full service" Hilton property this one needs some investments pumped in. The room I had this last time was horrible and not in line with my expectations....bathroom was not clean (I do not enjoy finding other people's hairs), wall paper was peeling from the walls and the bath fixtures were old. Breakfast is one size fits all.....you want a Continental....too bad. If you are a bowl of cereal and yogurt type person.....it comes at a grand-slam breakfast price. The location and the size of the property leaves it with great potential but it needs some TLC and the staff needs to be more attentive to the needs of the business traveler. For less money....I'll take the Hampton Inn right around the corner.....it provides greater value.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and had our car stolen from the parking lot. Manager was nice but when we asked if the shuttle could take us to pick up a rental car, we were told we could pay $70 for a taxi. I looked up this area tonight and found out the crime rate in Norcross is very high!! I would never stay here again. And they have no cameras in the parking lot.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank S234
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for a business trip this week and I was shocked that this is a Hilton. The lobby is dated, but clean - however I quickly learned the rooms do not compare. I was on the 4th floor (423) originally, but after walking in my room and discovering blood on the bathroom door and hair all over the bathroom I immediately changed rooms. Next I was put on the 6th floor (613) and not impressed at all. It was not clean, there was hair all over the bathroom, mold in the grout of the tiles in the shower, the sink unit was starting to fall off the wall, cheddar cheese was sprinkled on the floor - needless to say, the place was dirty. There was also an awful stence of moldly towels when I had my air on. The only clean place was the bed and I felt like I had to keep my shoes on the entire time. For dinner, we decided to try Basils and it was a joke. We sat at our table for 15 minutes and when no one came to wait on us we left. STAY AWAY! Not worth the MONEY!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - not worth the money!
3 Thank Yolinda C
South Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I am staying here for business, and this is a nice hotel. The staff is very friendly. The room is standard hotel room, but mostly modern, very clean and comfortable. There are a few things which date the hotel, such as the old fashioned thermostats that just show "Warm" and "Cold" and not a temperature, but it works so who cares? The room is big enough and comfortable, with an HD TV and in room safe. There is no fridge or mini bar, but there is coffee from a single serve coffee maker.

The restaurant in the hotel is not the greatest...when I arrived (late on a Sunday) I was told that it was open until 11 and room service was available, but there was no one there to seat us at 10 pm and no one answered for room service. The breakfast buffet, on the other hand, is pretty good, they have a good variety and it is all quite fresh.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our family landed here after a miserable stay at another area hotel. From the moment we stepped into the Hilton Atlanta NE we were treated extremely well by all the staff. They were very courteous & professional. The rooms are quite nice & certainly adequate for our needs. Beds are comfortable & bathroom is spacious. Our kids just moved to Norcross from Buckhead so we had to find a nice property we would be willing to return to again & again when we visit. This hotel is convenient to shops & restaurants. Breakfast buffet (and you can order off menu as well) was delicious. We will definitely book here on our next stay in Norcross.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cchilton
Miami Fl
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I made this reservation 3 months before our stay. I requested a fridge for the room but when we arrived we were told that they were only available for sure for the suites, others had to wait and see if one would be available . I went to the maintenience staff and requested one. I also wrote out a note to the property manager about the fact that we didn't have a fridge and the internet , their wi-fi, was a $10.95 charge everyday of use even if you just connected. Also when we got up the next morning and I asked for coffee, there was none available in the lobby. Really with all the properties available in the Atlanta area,,,go somewhere else. The manager doesn't care whether or not you have a problem ..Hilton wants to charge you for what others will give you for free. There rating is below Days Inn. That tells you something. Stay away...l

Room Tip: Go somewhere else...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank turly
davidsnoke, Manager at Hilton Atlanta Northeast, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for your feed back on our property. I am sorry to hear about the issue you had with trying to retain a fridge for your room during your stay. Our deluxe rooms do not come standard with a fridge, but our suite do for an additional cost. We do have several fridges in reserve for medical needs and they are given our on a first come basis. I am sorry that you were unable to book a suite for your stay to make sure you had a fridge in your room. In the future please ask to speak directly to a manager about making special arangements for any special needs you may require while staying with us. Thank you again for your comments.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2011

The outside of the property is lovely. Very pretty building in a quiet area with little to no road noise. The lobby is small. We were here for a gaming tournament, along with a dog show and another function. So, it was a full house. I was on the third floor, and the first thing that I noticed was the heat and flowery smell emanating from the laundry nook next to the ice machine. It was HORRIBLE. The heat and the lint smell was assailing the nostrils every time I went to the elevator or the ice machine. NOT cool to have this in the middle of the hallway by the rooms. I would expect this at a Red Roof Inn or Days Inn, but a Hilton? Anyway, upon entering my room, I notice the puny beds. They are doubles! What hotels today offer DOUBLE beds? Queens are standard even in mom and pop hotels. Not a good idea, Hilton. The room is dated, has (gasp) wallpaper. Yuck. The view? I had the view of a rooftop and maybe three tree tops. Saw a nice big air conditioner unit too. The bathroom was nice sized, and I loved the marble counter, however the MOLD in the grout of the tile was DISGUSTING. How any housekeeping personnel could miss this obvious BLACK growth on the WHITE tile is beyond me, but I suppose they did....the rest of the bathroom was very clean, as was the room in general. I did miss having a mini fridge in my room, because I hated to go down the hot, smelly hall to get ice because of the dryer. (note to staff: have the exhaust hose checked, because it was pretty apparent there is a leak somewhere) The staff was okay, not too friendly on check in..he seemed frazzled and it was only 12 pm. Was told there was no executive lounge this weekend which was disappointing. The A/C, while a central unit, which I prefer, looked as if the control on the wall was going to fall off. Not professional at all. Overall, the room was okay. Nothing special. The beds are comfortable but small. The pillows were nice and firm, and the bedding clean. I didn't use the pool or gym, so can't comment on them. This is an okay hotel that I got for a good rate, $69.00. I wouldn't pay more for this hotel because it needs updating badly, and the shower area needs BLEACH quickly. I am not the first to notice mold in the shower, so obviously management is not cracking down on housekeeping in this department. If you have allergies I would look somewhere else. For the price, it was a good nights stay, but not for a Hilton. I expect, and get more at Hilton's.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the ice machine as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GeorgiaDisneyLover
Thank you for taking time from your busy day to let us know about your stay at our property. I am sorry ot hear about your many issues you had while staying at our property. As you mentioned it was a very busy week at the hotel and several of the issues are things that are stated on our website. It informs you of the bed types we have, that our rooms do not come standard with a mini fridge, and that our executive lounge is only open Monday thru Friday. I am sorry that someone from the show did not communicate this to you before your stay with us. I will make sure the rest of your comments are delivered to the proper manager to help insure this does not happen to other guests of the hotel. Thank you again.