“Clean, great staff, nice pool, location far from Atlanta”

Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alaska
“Clean, great staff, nice pool, location far from Atlanta”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was a clean, friendly hotel. We were so pleased to find this place after staying at a nightmare hotel in Augusta. The pool is nice, staff is friendly and the breakfast is really good. The only complaint was the far distance from Atlanta, though the price made up for it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This hotel looks very old from the outside..and it is an old building. The inside was renovated recently and actually is very nice. New LCD screen TVs and all the normal Marriott amenities. The bed was comfortable and room was clean. No complaints at all.

Only recommendations are the size of the pillows seems small and maybe a few more towels in the King rooms..and nicer looking ones haha.

This is only minor and I would come here again in a heartbeat. I got a great price with priceline as well...over half off.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Durham
Reviewed July 6, 2009

For what I paid, this was a decent hotel, but I wouldn't compare it to other Marriott hotels. Upon some further investigation, I found that this is a "franchise" Marriott, not owned and operated by Marriott... and it shows. It seems more like a Best Western or such.

The room looked nice, as I would have expected, though I would have thought there would be two easy chairs or perhaps a sofa. There was one easy chair and one desk chair.

The television was a large flat-screen, but it only had standard definition television signals--either strecthed or cropped to fit the screen. There wasn't much choice of programming, though.

The bed seemed to have the potential to be very comfortable... except that it had sunken-in areas as if it had seen a long lifetime. It was hard to get out of one side because of this. It was supposed to be a king, and maybe I'm used to California king-size bed in hotel rooms, but it seemed definitely smaller.

The pool was nice, but the hot tub was only slightly warmer than the cold water in the pool.

Our trip was a leisurely one, so we were often late to leave the room. On the first morning, per the instructions on the card in the bathroom, I called the front desk to let them know it would be a good time to service our room. The attendant said the housekeeping staff would get to the room when they could. When I said I was just doing as the card in the bathroom said, she asked what card I was talking about.

On the second day, we left around noon and returned at about 5:30, only to find the room had not been serviced. When we left around 6:30, we called the front desk to have the room tidied, and the attendant tried to blame us for not having the room serviced, rather than owning the fact that the hotel staff had made another mistake.

According to the receipt slipped under our door, we could use the video check-out system upon our departure. We tried it several times and received the message to try again later. The receipt also said we could just call the front desk to check-out. When I did, the attendant said we should just bring the keys by the front desk--which as I recall is pretty much the same as checking out in person rather than the phone or the television.

If you get this hotel for a ridiculously low price, like I did with Priceline, it's not a bad place to stay, but don't expect the usual Marriott level of service.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2008

This is by far one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on and the staff was extremely helpful and courteous...Would recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!! Clean, quiet and comfortable...what more could one ask for?????

Close to shopping and great food selection...

• Liked — Great Bed...
  • Disliked — TV channel selection
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elbruce
Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2008

I have stayed at this Marriott a couple of times in 2008 for business, but this was the first time I wasn't upgraded to the concierge floor. I don't know if that's the reason for my disappointing experience this time or if I just didn't notice the problems before, but I will definitely try to stay somewhere else the next time I'm in the area. The main problem is tha the pillows are rock hard! The bed itself was comfortable and there are alot of decorative pillows on it, so it looks really nice, but the pillows were so hard and firm that I ended up sleeping on the mattress without them. Also, the room layout makes it almost impossible to watch TV from the bed. It's on a swivel stand, but it's placed on the side of the bed, so you basically need to lay sideways on the bed in order to see it. The roooms are really small too, so I wouldn't recommend staying there if you have a family or are a couple who likes their own space.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room comfort; value
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bustraveler90

Travelers are raving about these Norcross hotels

Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel almost every summer during the past 9 or 10 years. We were pleased to find it nicely upgraded this time with fairly new carpeting, bedding, etc. after finding it somewhat lacking the last two visits (in 2004 and 2005). The staff was very friendly, the room was in good repair, and breakfast in the morning consisted of an excellent buffet. We like the indoor pool and the variety of restaurants within a short drive. Upon departing I noted a small business center which was neither advertised nor noted on prior visits but we were able to do without the Internet for one night anyway. This hotel is definitely worth the effeort of driving 3 or 4 miles off the interstate.

Stayed August 2007
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Stayed here June 15-17 for a wedding. The room was nice, a/c very cold and the bed was FANTASTIC! Don't you just love those Mariott beds! Everything was clean and everyone was nice.

The 'complimentary shuttle' to the Atlanta Athletic Club didn't work out because they have 2 small vans that don't hold that many people and 50 rooms of guests. We decided to drive the 4 miles, which was no big deal for us. But they sell the idea of the complimentary shuttle, which disappointed us.

Otherwise, we were quite happy with everything and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The Mariott bed!
  • Disliked — The complimentary shuttle
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business