“Disappointing......”

Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am currently staying at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross for business and wanted to share my first night experience on Mon Aug 5th 2013. While winding down in my hotel room after a nice dinner I was checking email and all of the sudden a man walks in my door with a suitcase. He responded "this isn't good" and I replied back "no, it isn't". He then yelled out to his friends that "someone was in his room". I was rather embarrassed as I sat shirtless in my boxers thinking how does a stranger get a key to my room? I phoned the front desk and the same worker that checked my in a couple hours prior to the incident answered and did apologize. She then asked if I would like a "present".and offered me a bottle of water along with new room keys. I replied "bottle of water" and she responded "yes, or juice if I preferred" I sat silent and then she asked me if I wanted some chips. I was more concerned that the hotel checked someone else into my room and gave them a key, My overall point is that they put latch locks on these doors and if you do choose to stay here, or anywhere for that matter, please make sure you use them. My door will remain latched until my departure 8/9.

Room Tip: Make sure you latch your door.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob S
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to apologize for your experience while you were at the hotel. I know it is never comfortable to have someonie walk-in unexpectedly and especially a stranger in a hotel. We are working with the Front Desk Manager to determine exactly the reason why this occured and it appears to be a training issue with one of our front desk agents. We have gone through and reinforced the processes that we have in place to ensure this situation does not happen again.

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. Please let me know if your travels bring you back to the Norcross area. I wuld be happy to meet you personally and ensure you have a perfect stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family stayed here two nights, and had a very pleasant stay. We purchased $50 nightly rate Groupon reservations and when we arrived the hotel was almost at full capacity I think there were a few family reunions and soccer championships that weekend. We were greeted timely and given an upgrade since the hotel had no more double rooms. My son enjoyed the indoor pool soooo much. The shuttle service was outstanding as well...very friendly driver. This was a great hotel despite it being a little older. I have no complainants.

Please offer the Groupon again soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross. As you mentioned the weekend you were here was a very busy weekend at the hotel which is always a fun challenge for the staff! I do hope you will come back and stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The room was not clean and the night manager seemed unconcerned regarding the complaint. We had reserved a room with 2 double beds but when we arrived we had a king room for three. even when we were shown to a new room when we found stains on the sheets they were unapologetic.

Room Tip: Check the Sheets before you get into bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry we were not able to accomodate your request for two double beds. We work very hard to try and fulfill all requests for bed types but unfortuntely we are not always able. Also I am very sorry there was an issue with the sheets in the new room. I know how frustrating it can be after a long trip... and all you want to do is relax... to have to deal with a less than perfect hotel experience.

Please let us know when your travels will again bring you to the Norcross area and I will personally make sure you have an excellent stay with us and thank you again for taking the time to offer this valuable information. I will defintely make sure we use it as a training tool to improve our team.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on July 20th. The front desk staff were very rude.
I booked 2 rooms. One of the rooms patio door lock did not work and I went to the front desk as complained. After 20 mins they inspected it and told us that it's not fixable. I asked them to change the room and I was told that they don't have any more rooms and they offered me to change one room to another hotel. I asked them to move both the rooms if they can to another 4 start or move one room to the hotel right across which is a 2.5 star (down grade). They did not offer to do either.

When I told him that I wanted to talk to the manager, he lied saying that he was the manager. Then, I asked him to give me the customer service number for Marriott and he told me that he doesn't know the customer service number. When I asked his name, he was silent and would not answer. After haggling for an hour in the middle of the night (12:00PM - 1:00AM), he got hold of an engineer and he pointed out that there was a lock bar hidden behind the curtains and that solved the problem. But, I lost 2 hours of sleep. Overall a terrible experience and I don't recommend this place to anyone just because of the rude front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your feedback and to say how disappointed I was to hear that you had a bad expereince while at the hotel. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be if it is late and you just want to get a good restful nights sleep and you have to deal with an issue like this. I had our Engineering staff inspect atll the rooms on the garden level with sliding doors to ensure all the locks are in working order and also have met with the staff member involved to discuss how this situation might have been handled a bit better.

Please reach out if your travels bring you back to the Norcross area and I will make sure you are able to experience what I feel is the more typical stay at our hotel.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a long business trip and as a single female traveler I wanted to make sure I stay at a property where I felt safe and secure. This was the perfect place! The property is older but very, very well maintained with all the amenities one would expect – pool, sauna, exercise room, restaurant and bar on the premises. The rooms are very comfortable, clean with excellent beds. But what made it unbelievable was the staff! What a great group of people – all dedicated professionals ready to do everything they can (and often time going far and beyond) to accommodate everyone and make your stay very pleasant. From the general manager to the front desk staff led by Richard, the housekeeping staff not to mention the shuttle drivers, Edward and Roy everybody is committed to make your stay a memorable one. The hotel caters to business travelers and offer free shuttle service for 5 miles radius morning and evening if you don’t want to drive (I didn’t)and the hotel is in a great neighborhood (lots of shopping and eating choices close by). Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give us this delightful feedback. We are not the newest Marriott but we do work awfully hard to make sure the hotel is clean and safe and that our staff always goes the extra mile to take care of our guests. I will personally pass on your comments to our entire team and I kow it will put a big smile on their face!

Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was very tired when I arrived. After having been out and aboutAtlanta all day. Check in was easy and the clerk was very upbeat and fast. The room was very nice and the bedding was great. It looked so inviting. It beckoned me to get in right away. This hotel has many amenties that were located on the floor I stayed on. Very clean and pristine. I did not feel I had to use the disinfectant spray, I always carry with me. This hotel stay was very quiet, which I really like. Kudos to Marriott for the great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank so much for taking the time to give feedback about your stay at the hotel and for choosing our hotel. I hope when your travels bring you back to the Norcross area again you will again let us provide you with a home away form home.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I purchased my stay from Marriott's web site as a Package; that included breakfast for 2 Adults and Kids under 12. unfortunately, I didn't realize that the email confirmation didn't mentioned kids until I reached the hotel. On the night of actual stay, the front desk person made me realize it big time. according to him, It was not a policy of the hotel to offer free breakfast to kids. He even claimed there are no such packages. After 15-20 minutes of agonizing confrontation, I could finally show him the package still available on their website (on my tablet I was carrying).
Here is even further horrible thing.
After my stay, I got email asking for my feedback. I gave them feedback as I thought it was worth. A Manager named Nick (I think that was the name.. it was little hard to catch his name) called me up and aasked me to recount the story. After I told him what happened once again, He accepted that this shouldn't have happened and he would send me a free night stay as compensation for my inconvinience. However, it is almost a month since then, I haven't got anything yet.

So in my opinion, this place has no ethics and no respect for guests. They behave as if they are doing some kind of favor to guest by giving them room to stay. if you are ready to be treated like trash, you can consider going there. I probably wouldn't go there again - even if it comes free.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I was so sorry to hear that our hotel failed to deliver on a promise we made. I remember exactly when this happened and Nick did talk to me about it. We used to the opportunity as a training tool for our Front Desk about the Stay for Breakfast Package. I will personally follow up on your night's stay to make sure it is delivered.