“Service A+, Cleanliness F” 1 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Service A+, Cleanliness F”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Every staff member was amazingly friendly and helpful in true Marriott fashion. The rest went down hill from there. My room was filthy. The walls had dust bunnies attached to the walls above eye level. It was obvious that no one ever looked up while cleaning. There was also a layer of dust under the dresser. A coworkers room also had a layer of dust under the dresser as well. The bathroom counter had water spots from the last user. I have stayed in many Courtyards that out shined this location when it came to cleanliness.
The concierge attendant was wonderful. Friendly, warm and attentive. She did have to leave a few times and not sure why. The concierge lounge was the worst I have ever seen. There was a leak in the ceiling all three mornings of my stay and they just let it drip on the carpet in a big wet spot right between the only two table you could eat at. The ceiling area that was dripping was disgusting and looked like is has been leaking for quite some time. The light fixture was flickering all three days as well. It just looked worn out and neglected.
If I travel back to this area I will avoid staying at this location at all costs.
Just so the management can see the room i was in to see how dusty and dirty it was it was room 327. I am sure the dust under the dresser and on the walls/ceiling is still there. Oh and also in this room you should change the bathroom door to open out. It is almost impossible to close the door while in the bathroom due to such tight quarters.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing very important feedback regarding your stay here at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. I really appreciate your kudos concerning the staff. We have addressed the concerns you had mentioned with regards to your sleeping accommodations with the entire housekeeping team and i apologize for the sub standard conditions you endured. With regards to the Concierge lounge, my management team should have made alternative arrangements until repairs could have been taken care of. I am truly sorry! The attendant in the lounge does leave from time to time to restock different items to ensure the food remains fresh. My hope is that you accept my sincere apology and give our team another opportunity to serve you. I can only apologize for the issues you experienced and correct them for the future and i thank you for giving me that opportunity.

Warmest Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I actually booked this hotel for $38/night off expedia.com and I will tell you that it looks even better than it does in the pictures. In the photos on this site the rooms have like a box tv in them but I was pleasantly surprised to find that we had a flat screen TV in the room that was over 32 inches (I think it was 40 inches). Also the staff were friendly and the hotel was very clean I really feel like I should have paid more for what we got. The restaurant inside the hotel was very convenient because we went during Christmas when not much was open. The one thing I will say is that there is no refrigerator or microwave in the room...i think you can request one at the front desk if need be but that really didn't hinder our trip at all! Also it was no more than 30 mins from everything worth doing in Atlanta! Overall, this hotel was a great find and a great value.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive remarks concerning the Atlanta Marriott Norcross hotel. Our staff believes in providing a memorable experience for all of our guest's, despite what you paid. I am glad you felt the hotel was clean and the staff was accomodating and please feel free to make room request prior to your arrival. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future.

Tupelo, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Booked this hotel on hotwire and got it for $50/night which was GREAT! The people at the desk were very pleasant and helpful, the indoor pool and hot tub were clean and not busy when we visited. The room was clean and updated. If you want a refrigerator, just request it at the front desk when you check in. The hotel was well kept, the elevators worked, the location of the hotel was not in a shady/unsafe area, there are plenty of stores near in case you need anything. Also, the soap/shampoo/lotions that the hotel provides are from Bath & Body Works! That was a nice bonus...

This hotel is about a 20 minute drive to downtown ATL where the aquarium, restaurants are etc. It was not a bad drive at all, a pretty straight shot from the hotel on I-85 S to downtown ATL. This hotel was excellent if you want to visit ATL, but do not want to stay in the downtown area. If you have a fuel efficient vehicle/car, the savings from the cheap hotel room more than make up for cost of gas traveling in and out of the city.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the elevator. Ask for a refrigerator is you want one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the Atlanta Marriott Norcross Hotel. I am very excited that you were able to take advantage of our online specials while in Atlanta. Our team believes in taking care of our guest and I am glad you were able to witness that first hand. Thank you for the kind words about the staff and we look forward to your next visit. Please call in advance so that we can ensure your refrigerator is in your room along with any other request you have prior to your arrival. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to tell us about your experience.

Shorewood, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Norcross on a car trip from Florida to Wisconsin. Here are the good and the needs improvement of our stay.

GOOD
- What a great price we got using Marriot Look No Further rate.
- Front desk people were outstanding. We played the Marriott Elite (Gold) trivial pursuit game and got 1000 extra MR Points.
- Actually got an email and phone call from the hotel before our stay to confirm if we need anything.
- Given two vouchers for free appetizers in the restaurant. The appetizers were good enough for dinner. Wings and quesadias were outstanding. Try the chocolate cake too.
- We had two rooms and they upgraded one to a two room suite. Nice!
- Indoor pool was a little old looking but very clean.
- Breakfast was included in the rate as we are MR Gold members. Try the OJ, My family loved it.
- Staff at breakfast was great. The cook was moving fast and constantly checking and refilling the food.
- Free Parking
- Close to gas station, restaurants and a Target.
- Close to the highway. Just a little out of the way when driving through Atlanta on the east side bypass.
- Everything in the hotel seems VERY clean. Great job.

STUFF to WORK ON:
- The room that was upgraded to a suite was had an adjoining door. The people next door were smoking heavy. The front desk quickly gave us a very large two bed room one floor down. I know this is not the hotels fault, but it was annoying.
- Hotel really needs a major upgrade. Everything looked kind of early 1990's.
- Real lack of plugs in the rooms. Outlets were way overloaded and we had to charge our phones on the floor. There were no plugs available near the bed or on the desk.
- Breakfast was good, but I would have loved a cappuccino or espresso at hotel like this. Coffee came in a plastic carafe. Would have been nicer in a stainless steel pot.
- Breakfast buffet sneeze guard was huge. It was difficult to get to the food. My kids had to duck under it.
- Everything at breakfast was on the buffet. It would have been nice to get made to order omelets or waffles or pancakes.

We stayed at this Marriott, a Fairfield Inn, and two Residence Inns on our drive to and from Florida and this hotel was the family’s favorite. We would stay there again if we were near Atlanta

Room Tip: The two bed "accessible room" we had was huge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary W
Thank you for your review of the Atlanta Marriott Norcross Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and Thank you for choosing our hotel as your favorite. I am very sorry we had to relocate your family, but I’m glad we had another suite that you could continue to enjoy. Thank you for your feedback concerning the breakfast buffet, as a Gold level Rewards member, we know you've seen quite a few buffet's and we look forward to acting on some of your ideas. In efforts to keep up with the current technology, we are installing additional plug adapters in each room to make charging your equipment much easier. We are a seasoned hotel and upgrades are planned for the future. We pride ourselves on our customer service and i appreciate the kudos you have given the staff. We’ll see you and the family on your next trip to the Atlanta area.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The rate will reel you in. It was $46 AAA weekend. Why. It's a business hotel.

So the first issue is - if you reserve a room, it will offer you a King or 2 Doubles - it won't specify. You'll call and say you want a double - and they'll say ok. And when you get there they will only have kings. Be warned. I heard it 8 times.

So the hotel is older - but that's ok - if it's kept up. But things like toilets that don't work right unless you hold the handle down a long time - need to be fixed.

The room - only had 3 pillows even though there were four of us - and it's noted in the reservation. They had to go to an empty room to find a pillow. Really? I'm a Marriott Gold Member - shouldn't they have this known before hand? The front desk person was extremely nice - I don't know if it's his fault....hey, they went and found the pillow.

Next is breakfast. The hotel was sold out - and the buffet ($13.95) or included in the room at $75 - is the same on the weekend as the weekday in price. Except, on the weekend, there is no omelete station or cooked to order omeletes. So why is it the same price.

The buffett had fresh fruit - except citrus canned. Why? Then all the food - potatoes, eggs, bacon, pancakes - were cold. The containers were warm - but the food cold.

I'll credit the manager - she went and had fresh eggs and pancakes made for my kids and I - but why? The oatmeal on the buffett - I don't know how this happens - but inedible.

Bottom line - newer furniture and comfortable beds - so you can stay here. But you won't have a double as requested - the food is horrible, and the infrastructure decaying.

Sleep quality - I put poor - i was the sucker on the cheap, crummy sofa bed. The actual bed was fine.

The Country Inn I stayed at the next night was 9 times nicer.

Room Tip: AAA discount is good; value in the breakfast deal (another $29..if you have more than 2 people - but...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the Atlanta Marriott Norcross Hotel. We are a corporate hotel; however we have many different rates that are available during different times and days of the week. I can understand your frustration concerning the bed types and I apologize, my suggestion is to make your reservations through marriott.com or call the Rewards desk so that you can talk with a live representative to ensure your request are noted and confirmed. We appreciate your loyalty as a Gold Rewards member. We have experimented with having an omelet cook on the weekends and it was not utilized as much as we had expected, maybe we will look at having the station open again, thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry that our buffet food was cold, we have upgraded the burners to avoid losing temperature in the future, I’m glad we were able to still make something for you and your family. Again, Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies and trust that we will correct each issue you have brought to my attention. Warmest Regards,
Statesboro, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I just arrived home from a road trip and the Atlanta Marriott Norcross was our last stop. We had several issues and although the staff was kind, they offered no compensation of any kind. The first issues was that about 30 minutes after check-in around 4pm, a housekeeping woman walked into our room with out knocking or identifying herself. When I travel, I need a high speed internet connection. No so at the Marriott Norcross. I was on the phone with their tech support for about 45 minutes with no resolve. This was not an issue with my computer, but with there network. After a speed test, I found out that they have 1 down and .5 up. Unacceptable for a hotel. At home I have 12 down and 5 up. I walked down and asked if they had ethernet cords available to use... I was told that they do not have any cords. I ran over to Target and purchased one for $20. After getting to the room and opening the package I found out that they do not have wired internet access. To compound things, we were put next door to the housekeeping room. Each morning we were awoken by slamming doors and loud housekeeping personnel next door. My room was 332... do not recommend. I did get this room for only $32 per night thanks to William Shatner and that was the only positive.

Room Tip: If given a room near housekeeping, ask to be moved!
1 Thank lukerenfroe
Thank you for providing the Atlanta Marriott Norcross such valuable feedback concerning your experience. There was a communication error between the Front office and Housekeeping, when they were performing daily room inspections, yes you are right, and the standard is to knock before entry to any guest room. I'm surprised that you did not find our Complimentary Internet service not suitable for your needs; we are looking into a tiered program for those who need more bandwidth. Our hotel is completely wireless and I am so sorry you went out to purchase Ethernet cables; I will double check to ensure that all rooms have the proper internet options signage. I will also speak with the housekeeping team to ensure that they do not disturb our valued guest, I too would be upset and I apologize. I hope that this experience will not detour you from staying with us in the future and that you except my sincere apology. Warmest Regards,
Newnan, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is by no means up to the usual Marriott standards and from the pictures atached you'll be able to see a little of what I mean. From the room climate control unit being held together by a lamp to the rust stains in the the tub, these are just a few of the many examples of poor upkeep and carelessness that abound at this location. Others include a stained,faded couch, a glass coffee table with chrome peeling off the frame and starting to rust, an office chair that would no longer adjust and a coffee maker that didn't work coupled with what I'm assuming was supposed to be some sort of coffee accessory box whose handle had been broken off and was missing a leg and sitting on a tray that was also broken. And last but certainly not least were those God-awful bed pillows that are about as soft and comfortable as a bale of hay.

Lets also not forget the substandard meal I had downstairs in that glorified bar of a so called restaurant which cost almost as much as the room did and took and hour to arrive, as well as a staff that pretty much just ignores all your requests as I had asked for extra towels and a room on the top floor but what I received was ONE towel and a room on the second floor near the entrance where everybody went to have a cigarette, so to add insult to injury not only did I not get any sleep due to not having a decent pillow to lay my head on I also got to breathe in second hand smoke all night.

So much for smoke free. I wonder if this had anything to do with why I woke up at 2:30 in the morning with a blazing headache?

Marriott has let me down in a big way this time and I never imagined I would be saying all these things about this chain. I checked out early simply because I couldn't stand being in that hellhole of a place for another minute. I will not be back to this particular hotel ever again and this experience will greatly influence my decision in the future as to whether or not I stay with any Marriott for fear of another miserable experience such as this. And you can bet I'm going to do my part to dissuade everyone who will listen to choose another means of lodging when they're out on the road.

Shame on you Marriott.

Room Tip: Want a tip? stay somewhere else
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I read your feedback on the Atlanta Marriott Norcross Hotel and I am very sorry your stay was not up to Marriott standards that you are accustomed to. I have personally researched the room issues you'd mentioned and I too find them sub par. I and the management team are correcting those issues as quickly as possible. I am just sorry that it was brought to our attention from one of our valued guest and I sincerely apologize. I am very surprised and saddened that you had a negative experience with our staff, I have known them to go out of their way to ensure guest are happy, but sounds like we did not in this case and I apologize. I'm sorry that you were not able to sleep well, we have designated smoking areas around the hotel that are available that are not right outside your bedroom window, we will have to encourage more guest to go to those areas. I truly appreciate your feedback and I hope that this anomaly will not detour you from using Marriott Hotels and Resorts in the future. My hope is that if you’re back in the Atlanta area that you'd contact our hotel and give us another opportunity. Warmest Regards,