“Right for the weekend price”

Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverside, AL
“Right for the weekend price”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stay here on my semi monthly shopping adventures. Has everything you need, and the staff is quite special and accommodating. Easy parking, near the Forum and some decent restaurants. Great place for a single traveller

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank SweetHomeAL07
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to read that you choose the Atlanta Marriott Norcross on your shopping adventures, that means alot to our team. We pride ourselves in service and i appreciate the great comments concerning the staff. We are excited to see you back soon.

Warmest Regards,

Rodney L. Gooden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've had my dad stay here several times and get outstanding service everytime - especially from Susan. My dad wanted a ground floor with a porch and she worked that out every time. Very nice rooms, large TV with lots of channels, fast internet, super accommodating staff, great all around. This is why I usually prefer Marriott. Customer orientation is in their DNA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ATL-RES-2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your postitive experience here at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross. Our team takes pride in taking care of our guest, and i'm glad we were able to take good care of your Dad. We'll see you next time when your in town and again Thank you very much.

Warmest Regards,

Rodney L. Gooden
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If I had to stay in the Norcross area I would come back here. Comfortable and clean, ample parking, nice gym, decent concierge lounge. They've got all the basics covered. Another reliable Marriott and I earn points so why stay anywhere else. The gentleman at the desk was very cordial and efficient on check in as well.

2 Thank bccrab
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time here at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross. Please let us know of anything else we can do to accomodate your needs in the future. We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon for your next stay.
South Carolina
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I'm surprised to read some of the recent negative reviews. I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was excellent, the room clean and the bed slept well. The pillows were a bit soft though. The food was good and the price was reasonable. The bathrooms are small, but they're clean which is much more important to me.

I recommend it and will stay here again if I'm in the area.

1 Thank ChrisInSC
Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our hospitality. We have a number of guest's that have special needs and we are more than pleased to make you comfortable in any way. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
New England area
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I seldom write reviews but I am going to on this one.

I was woken by loud garbage or dump trucks, and those siren sounds of them backing up, around 6am after I requested afternoon lobby crew (2 girls) on Oct 2 to give me a quiet room during check-in. Then I could hear them playing the radio loudly for sometime. When I don't have a good night's sleep I don't function well.

Evening lobby personnel Richard is the best. Unless they have better daytime personnel like Richard, I am not going to stay there again. When I mentioned this to the morning lobby woman during check-out, she said sorry but should have offered something instead or talked to the manager. So customer service was poor and sleep was terrible.

Room Tip: Stay away from corner room 351 or those around it, faces the parking lot and noisy.
1 Thank sb0612
Rodney G, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time tell us about your experience here at the Atlanta Marriott Norcross. I am so very sorry you were awaken by our delivery vehicles that early in the morning, i too do not fucntion well when i don't have a good nights sleep. It is so very important that we listen to the guest and their needs when checking in but we obviously failed and i truly apologize. We have a variety of rooms to choose from and we'd be honored if you were to come back to our hotel. Thank you for the positive feedback on Richard, we are very lucky to have him on our team. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
Mebane, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We visited this hotel for a wedding during Labor Day weekend. We attempted to make our reservations online and had problems booking a room so we were able to make the reservation over the phone. During the phone conversation, we requested a room with double beds and received a confirmation that we were booked. However, when we got to the room on Sunday to check-in, we were told that the rooms were not ready (it was noon and the check-in was 3 pm). So I went to the bridal suite to begin getting ready for the wedding (I was a bridesmaid). I called down to the front desk each hour for 2 hours to ask if the room was ready. My husband remained in the lobby taking care of other business. He noticed that a couple just arriving were able to check in and get a room with no hassle. This is when he approached the front desk to ask about our reservation again. Amanda, the representative at the front desk, was the most unprofessional staff member that we worked with during our stay. She continued to tell us that our room was not ready. Then she changed her mind once my husband mentioned the previous couple checking in. She tried to give him a king size room when he told her that we had reserved a double. She came up with some lie that the bride and groom had decided which rooms people would accept based on the reservation list. This doesn't even make sense. After I came downstairs to try to clear up any issues, she stared at me for the longest (some tactic of intimidation, I guess) before saying that she couldn't change us to the double room since the reservation showed a king room. After realizing that the excuses she gave us sounded ridiculous, she tried to compensate us by giving us a room on the 1st floor with a patio. Well, that "upgraded" room did have a patio but the screen door fell off as soon as we opened it to let a breeze in. The couch was disgusting because it looked old and was full of stains. The next morning we called to find out how much the breakfast buffet was. We were told $14. The reservations for the wedding included a breakfast for 2. No one at the reservation desk realized which room we called from to let us know that breakfast was included. Others in our party had to remind us that the reservations included breakfast. The only reason I gave this property the poor rating instead of terrible is because of the food (breakfast and wedding reception dinner). Thumbs up the cooks!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel to avoid the rude and inept staff.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank YC_NC
Ludington, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great location and outstanding staff (especially Richard at the front desk) but this Marriott is in need of a facelift and refurb. The rooms are dated and tired and the whole place feels a little worn out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business