“Decent and affordable hotel”

Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Rates at this hotel cannot be beat on weekends. I am not sure whether I would pay the weekday rate. The hotel has a decent location, the rooms are acceptable and neat. There is nothing much to write home about. There is no lounge nor complimentary breakfast provided for Marriott Elite which is the typical treatment at Courtyards. Not much to write home about.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Chris S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Norcross/Peachtree Corners during your visit to the Atlanta Metro Area. You'll be pleased to know that we have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation which included all public areas and guest rooms, as well as the additionof a new elevator and our Bistro Cafe. Our Bistro serves breakast, including all of your favorite Starbucks coffees and teas, along with a full dinner menu, including all you favorite beer, wines and liquor selections. We certainly hope that you choose the Courtyard Norcross/Peachtree Corners during your next visit to the Atlanta Metro area.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for two nights. The staff were very pleasant and courteous, but seemed to have more to do than they could handle, and did not have a sense of urgency by any means. I was more than a little surprised to learn that there was no elevator in the building after checking into my room on the second floor. The hotel does not have a restaurant or lounge, but does offer a continental breakfast, although not complimentary. The fitness center was also disappointing as it turned out to be a very small room with three treadmills lined up side by side. Apparently renovations are planned to begin this month, so perhaps this may be a better option once that work is completed. On the plus side, my bed was very comfortable, and the assortment of pillows should provide a good sleeping experience for most. There is a shopping center with a Publix and Target across the street, as well as a BOA location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for your review and your candid comments. Your visit was planned during an exciting time for all of us, however it was not without its inconveniences, and for that we apologize. On the plus side, our renovation has been completed and we are enjoying our new hotel that has gone through a 100% renovation including all guest rooms, public spaces (including a larger, better equipped fitness center and an elevator!). We are also proud of the addition of our Bistro Cafe, which serves breakfast and dinner as well as adult beverages Starbucks coffee. We hope that you'll consider staying with us on your return trip to Norcross/Peachtree Corners area to enjoy all that we have to offer.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel was nicer than another Marriott (not a Courtyard) that I had stayed at in the area. It's a bit outdated but clean and comfortable. The hotel does not have an elevator, so be warned if you need one. They have a sign saying that staff will help carry your bags, but I'm not the type to ask. The room was large, the bed was on the harder side but still comfortable. Location was OK, a few restaurants/fast food places in the area but I wouldn't say it was a "nice" location, but it was very convenient to 85.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator so you might want to request a first floor room if you'd need that.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for choosing the Courtyard Marriott Norcross/Peachtree Corners during your visit to the Atlanta Metro area. You'll be happy to know that we have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation which included all guest rooms and public areas, and the addition of an elevator! New box spring and mattresses, as well as the addition of our Bistro Cafe were also among the upgrades. We are proud of our new hotel and we are looing forward to your next visit the area and we are sure that you'll appreciate all of te upgrades. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is ok compared to the other Marriott's in the area. The Alpharetta area is much better than this one. Rooms are small and building looks old. Hotel is in front of a small shopping center with a Target, Plublix, TJMax, etc. thas a plus. Overall a ok experience

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for choosing Courtyard Norcross/Peachtree Corners during your visit to the Atlanta Metro Area. Since your stay, the hotel has gone through a tremendous transformation at the hotel as we have just come out of a multi-million dollar renovation! We are proud of the updates and improvements such the fully renovated guest rooms and public areas, including new mattresses and box springs and the addition of the Bistro Cafe which serves breakfast and dinner, as well as adult beverages and Starbucks coffee! We are proud of our new hotel and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Norcross area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed an evening in this hotel for a business trip. The stay was ok, but I found the bed was quite hard. I choose this hotel for the good location for my meeting the next day. The breakfast was not included in the room and a little pricey.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for your TripAdvisor response; we certainly appreciate the feedback. You will be pleased to learn that the property has just completed a 100% renovation of the hotel public areas and all guest rooms. This renovation iincluded all mattresses and box springs as well. We are looking forward to your next trip back to the Norcross/Peachtree Corners area and we cetainly hope that you will choose the Courtyard Peachtree Corners during your stay. We are sure that you'll appreciate the difference.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This maybe the last 2 story Marriott Courtyard in America without an elevator. It didn't really bother me as a solo traveler but when my kids were young, I wouldn't have been happy about lugging suitcases & playpens upstairs. I like the newer courtyards that offer Starbucks in the lobby; I assume that is going to happen with the upcoming renovation. Other than that it was what you expect: clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: stay on the first floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Chris S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners! You are absolutely correct that our renovation begins in the Fall. In fact, we're about 3 weeks away! 100% room renovation, new public space including the addition of the Bistro, complete with a full bar and Starbucks Coffee and Teas! Not only that, but we are really excited about the addition of a brand new elevator! We will still be clean and comfortable, but the rest will be brand new next time you see us. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Greater Atlanta Metro Area!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked this last minute for a road trip with my parents for dad's birthday from a discount booking website. I chose this hotel for location & the great rate. For one, I can't imagine any Courtyard to be too sub-par in quality. While none of us are high maintenance, the last thing I want is to be stressing over my accomodation. In short, front desk was efficient and friendly. Amenities are limited, but we're here for 1 night. This hotel is great for a place to sleep & rest up for a good price.
The room was good size with 2 queen beds & a big desk area with a in-room mini-fridge. The room was clean in general. There were questionable stains on chair... but I just left it alone. There were enough space for all 3 adults. AC works well. Bed was a little soft for my back, but comfy overall. The free Wi-Fi is good enough to Skype & stream Hulu+. The pool area gets good sun even in the morning (I got to enjoy about 30 minutes of down time). Hot-tub area was closed, but I would have been too tired to use it anyhow. The "office" area was great for quick print job, but is limited with only 1 computer.
Location was a big plus for us, but we're not in the area for downtown attractions except Georgia Aquarium. We're there mainly for the Asian stores & eateries, which are all nearby. There's a Target & Publix right across the street, making it convenient for guests. All in all, it was a bargain stay for my parents & I.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Chris S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Norcross/Peachtree Corners for your last minute getaway! The convenience of the shopping nearby is definitely a plus and the selections of restaurants is great too! By the sounds of things, you took advantage of all that our great location has to offer. Our hotel renovation begins in September and we hope that you can plan a return trip with your parents. We'd certainly love to have you with us again so you can enjoy all of the "new" that we have to offer...including all new bedding! Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.