“Best of the best”

Ranked #25 of 329 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh Sushi, Sashimi, Traditional Japanese Cuisine, Izakaya Menu, Kaiseki Menu, Premium Sake, Full Wine List, Private Rooms for family and buisiness meetings (up to 20 persons)
Roswell, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of the best”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have a job that requires me to travel quite a lot. I grew up in Japan and am always on the look out for great Japanese food. In Norcross, there is an unusual gem called Sushi Mito. Most of the time, when Japanese restaurants are not owned by Japanese, the food is close to the real thing, but never quite makes it. However, if you want to spend an evening with outstanding "real" Japanese food, then Sushi Mito is the place for you. The sushi and sashimi are always served fresh and the traditional Japanese menu can compete with the best. But the highlight of the menu is the Izakaya menu which is outstanding. The head chef in the kitchen and the head sushi chef are both Japanese and they have been given the freedom to serve traditional Japanese food.....at its best. I would put Sushi Mito up against any Japanese restaurant in LA, Chicago or New York.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Kakoman

“A winner in Metro Atlanta”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Didn't have to travel far to enjoy the excellent Japanese cusine served up by Chef Seiko.
Located in North Eastern metropolitan Atlanta, Ga. Enjoy the preperation of Katsu-Pork after some superb Sushi. Very pleasant surroundings and dedicated staff. One of our top choices when put to a vote, great menu and very reasonable lunch prices.

• Visited November 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent but more $$$ than Sushi Yoko (my standard for great sushi)”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We read the review on TripAdvisor and said "let's do it" We were not disappointed. The restaurant is clean, well run and attractive. The sushi chef did a great job on the rolls and the sushi/sashumi combo. Both were excellent and the salmon, tuna & yellow fin were excellent. For two our lunch (without drinks) was $28 -- about 1/3 more than we pay for lunch at Sushi Yoko. That said highly recommended as one of the best in ATL.

• Visited December 2011
Atlanta, GA
“Favorite Norcross area Sushi”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My friends had been talking about this restaurant for a while, and since they recently took me I have returned 3 times. Every time I eat there the service is great and the sushi is fresh and delicious.
I would highly recommend Sushi Mito for a great meal!

Atlanta, GA
“Our favorite neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My husband and I have been going to Sushi Mito for over a year now, and we absolutely love it. The staff is always eager to please and very friendly. We love their menu, which has recently been expanded. The sushi has always been fresh and served in an appealing way. They have some great specials during the week ($2 large sake on Tuesday - my favorite). We go there so often that some of the staff has our drink order memorized, and on occasion they have not charged us for a second drink. We also often see Japanese folks eating there, which we take as a good sign. Two thumbs up.