“Hmmm..I don't know about this one.”

Samui Island Thai Cuisine
Ranked #166 of 329 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Thai
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hmmm..I don't know about this one.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I don't live in the area but i decided to take the word if my fellow Tripadvisor reviewers and give this place a try. Samui Island Thai Cuisine is located in the far end of a strip mall. You have to keep your eyes open or you might miss it. It is a very unassuming place with not a lot of decor like other Thai restaurants may have. I was hesitant about walking in but when I did, I was greeted by a smiling face and a warm hello. That was the best part of the trip.

I ordered the Pad Thai chicken lunch special. It smelled so good in the car that I was looking forward to opening the contents of the bag when I got to my destination. When I got to my place of business and opened the contents of the Styrofoam container, a confused look appeared on my face. This didn't look like the Pad Thai I was used to. There were no peanuts, bean sprouts, it just didn't look right. It looked nothing like the picture posted above.

Okay, so I decided to taste it anyway since I did pay 8 dollars for it. It tasted kinda like Pad Thai but not quite. I was disappointed. The noodles were thick and mushy and the meal was greasy. Unfortunately, this was not the best I have tasted. I don't know if I will be going back anytime soon.

Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Thai”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great food and service!! The Cheese Rolls and Tom Ka Soup were amazing and my Four Flavor Beef was addicting, I just couldn't stop myself from eating it all! Oh...and the portion was huge!! I will definitley be coming back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank SteveGATL
Duluth, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pad See-Ew and Basil Rolls...the BEST!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Simply the best Thai food around! Always fresh, piping hot and served with a smile. I highly recommend the Pad See-Ew with tofu and/or chicken...or the Four Flavors Beef that makes my mouth water as I write about it...or the Mat Sa Man or Pe Nang curry dishes...all very flavorful and heated to whatever flavor temp you seek. The owner takes great pride in serving her best. I look forward to dining here at least once a week. See for yourself!

• Visited December 2013