“Absolutely Horrible”

La Quinta Inn Norcross
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
“Absolutely Horrible”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This property is absolutely beautiful BUT the housekeeping staff and Pat Jackson at the front desk completely ruin the place. The housekeeping staff cop-knocked on my door at 10am asking if I was checking out. Pat called my room at 12:01 to ask if I was checking out. When I told her yes, but could I have a late check out she became very rude and disrespectful to me as a guest. I will never stay at that property again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I was a bit concerned when approaching as it was not very busy. I was here on business, so requested a queen bed with sofa sleeper. The room was spacious, comfortable, and pleasant. The work space area was large with an oversize desk unit and large coffee table.
The room was one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed. Great attention by maid staff very noticeable. The mattress was firm for a wonderful nights sleep.
SInce it was April, the pool area was still closed, but the seating outdoors seemed inviting when opened later in the season
Breakfast was very good with a complete hot breakfast selection. On my day, they had scrambled eggs, ham, biscuits, and the normal waffle fare.
In addition, the room rate was incredible for the Atlanta market. I would stay here again if in the northern Atlanta area again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard (inside) have great view. Might check out suites.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim M
Atlanta
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This was the worst place I've stayed. Wet carpet in front of the bathroom from a leak. Mold in the shower, long black hairs in the bed, between the covers, kept having to have our room re-keyed, and a USED razor in the shower when we arrived! Do you think they cleaned the shower? I think not. Filthy place and will never stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a room on the back side. This was a great hotel for the price though and having a dog was not a problem at all. I was a bit concerned that the room would be gross as the price was quite cheap but it was quite decent. I always wipe down tables, remotes, door knobs, light switches and such when I stay in a hotel as many of these are missed in daily cleanings and with the exception of the edge of the desk, I didn't find any dirt or grime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The rooms in this hotel were beautiful, we were looking forward to a nice weekend of going to snow mountain at stone mountain. We checked in late on Friday, about 9pm, and they said "Oh we forgot to tell you but we have to replace the water heater tomorrow and water will be off from 10-6." As we were going to stone mountain for the day, we didn't think anything of it. We didn't shower before stone mountain, and got back to the hotel around 4pm, really wanting to shower and get cleaned up for dinner, but of course no water yet because it wasn't 6pm. So we went to the mall for a few hours, dirty & cold, then to dinner. All we wanted was to come back and shower, but then we arrived back and the water is working, but it is completely brown. In the sink and shower. I was told at the front desk, "I don't know how long it will take to run through, but you're just gunna have to let it run, it might take all night, we just don't know." This was very frustrating, I am supposed to let this water run ALL NIGHT? And not shower? What about brushing my teeth and washing my face? I was given bottles of water and told to use those, as the chlorine in the hotel water would be bad to ingest.

All in all, we were offered a new room, but it's water was the exact same as ours. Completely unfortunate. The lady at the desk was VERY rude. The only saving grace was the manager, who was Warren, and he was wonderful. Completely sympathetic and apologetic. He comped our second night.

The whole thing was handled very poorly, and it should just be against some kind of health code to not have clean running water. So we checked out on Sunday, after brushing our teeth with bottles water and not showering, as it was impossible to run the water all night, and truthfully, I didn't trust the quality of this water that smelled like chlorine either.

Because of this, I have no desire to stay at a LaQuinta ever again. It was appalling. Unfortunately, despite the nice manager, the other qualities of the hotel were not enough to keep us coming back.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank KBaglini820
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great hotel for the price and I loved the amenities. Everything was very clean and the staff was great. I will come back. The breakfast was always hot and delightful and if you needed anything the staff was very available and so courteous. I really enjoyed being there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family