“Yum”

Dining options: Reservations
Savannah, Georgia
“Yum”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Service was great- Had the masaman curry and Tom Kha Gai soup (best I've ever had). Try the Thai iced tea, delish!

Visited February 2012

Huntsville, AL
“Great Cashew Chicken and Coconut Soup!”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

A business associate took me here because it's his favorite restaurant in the area and I can see why. The place was packed for lunch but they opened up another room for us so there was no wait. I ordered the cashew chicken on his recommendation (he gets the pork) and it was great. I was tempted to lick the plate! The coconut soup as they called it was excellent as well.

Visited December 2011
Ga
“DELICIOUS!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We really enjoyed this restaurant. It is reasonably priced and the atmosphere is very nice. They don't have sweet ice tea which is unfortunate since I'm trying to lay off of sodas. Looking forward to going back though!!!

• Visited October 2011
Atlanta
“Frequent Visitor”
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I got introduced to Thai Star back in 2005 when I worked for a company not too far from the establishment. Before, I had not tried Thai Food. I'm so happy to have tried it and at an excellent restaurant. I accepted another position and Thai Star was far from my radar. Things changed when I got another job in Norcross and surprisingly many of my co-workers also enjoyed Thai Star....my background info

Since the reintroduction in 2007, I've converted my husband, mom, dad, and sister into Thai Star fans.

Hubby and I always go here when we're in the mood for good Thai food. I usually get the Pad Prik King w/ chicken or the drunken noodles w/ chicken. The flavors are the right balance of sweet, sour, and salty. I've *never* been disappointed. Husband gets the Crispy Catfish. The spring rolls are always fresh and crispy...we usually get two orders of this. I've also tried the Ginger Beef and it's ok, but I'll always go back to my staple.

If you want a decent meal, decent price, excellent service, this is the place. I've tried other Thai resturants..even the more upscale ones and they have not come close to Thai Star.

Next time we're there I'll be sure to take some pictures!

• Visited November 2010
Plainfield, Illinois
“Go here tonight just for the sticky rice and custard dessert!”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Those of you who have read my other reviews know that I'm constantly on the lookout for good Thai food in all the places I travel to for work, and you know that Thai Nakorn in Alexandria, Virginia sets the standard for Pad Thai, Pad See Ew, and Sticky Rice and Custard (if not for atmosphere). Well, last week I was in Norcross and finally found a restaurant that equals Thai Nakorn in the sticky rice and custard department.

Thai Star in Norcross offers a very nice dining atmosphere. The restaurant itself is an upscale stand-alone edifice, which I have found to be quite unusual for Thai restaurants. Most I've found are either in strip malls or else in somewhat tired-looking buildings. Anyway, the building makes use of good interior design elements that provide a nice welcome as you walk into the dining area. Most of the decorations are of Thai origin (liked the various wood carvings), but the country style decoration hanging on the wall above our booth was oddly out of place. The booth we sat at was not really comfortable, as the table sat way too far away from me. I had to sit on the edge of the seat just to reach the table. Not sure if all the booths were aligned like this, or if we just got lucky (ha!), but not being able to sit comfortably while I ate was probably the worst part of the dining experience. (I just pulled up their website and noticed that this booth appears in the image that accompanies the menu page. It's the last booth along the wall, the one right next to the door.)

I don't recall much about the service. I've had a very busy few days and have eaten at many restaurants in three different states since then, and honestly, nothing is standing out in the service department of this restaurant. I guess I'll say it was average (no good memories, but no bad ones either).

I ordered Beef Pad See Ew and Thai Iced Tea. The tea was good, but the Pad See Ew was right about average. If I was to ever go back there for a meal, I would try something different. But when our server brought the sticky rice and custard, I was in heaven! I was dining with a colleague of mine. Norm had never tried sticky rice and custard, but he was adventurous and ordered one for himself. He thoroughly enjoyed it and even the next day was telling people at work about it and thanking me for introducing him to the dish. I must say that not only does Thai Star serve its sticky rice and custard in the exact same style as Thai Nakorn in Alexandria, but the quality is also just about matched. The only thing I would do to this dessert is serve the rice a little warmer and the custard a little colder.

Would I go back? You betcha I would, but it would probably just be for dessert!!!