“What in the world”

Norcross, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What in the world”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Walked down a hallway as you enter the place that had 1980s tile and asian cartoons on the wall. I new from the start I was in for something special.
Started with flat soda. I asked for a water instead... Never received. Asked for a second time. Never received. Appetizer came with the food 40 minutes after ordering and was ok but barely warm (fried squid tempura). We also ordered the shrimp tempura roll. Overpriced 6.50 and small for what it was. I have had the same better for 4 bucks. It did arrive early as my appetizer should have.
My wife ordered D-43 Oyako Don Bowl of rice, cooked with our special sauce, pan fried chicken, soft cooked egg, and onion in sauce 7.50. The chicken was fatty with grizzle and it looked like something I wouldnt feed my dog and tasted horrible.. Despite saying that we didnt like it after trying they didnt offer us anything no sorry just gave us the check and still charged us for the bowl of dog food. The decor was old and run down and could use a rehab. My wife and I like to try new restaurants for a change of scene. This scene we will not be back to. I'm a firm believer that the reviews are of friends/family of this place. Score F +

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brian L

West Palm Beach, Florida
“what happened”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This used to be my favorite restaurant. Not because it was fancy or great food but everything was nice service was nice, so the night before we go there and it was great our favorite waitress attended us and no complaints. next day our in-laws go with us for lunch and disaster. They ran out of salmon which is the only thing my wife and in-laws eat, I ordered my favorite hamburg rice everything about it was different, we ordered something else for my sister-in law since there was no salmon and they didn't bring it. I am always sad to see my favorite fall to almost rock bottom. My daughter said the tempura and the sauce with daikon oroshi was good. the sashimi and sushi was good.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robert H
Jasper, Georgia
“Unbelievable waitress”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Have eaten at this great spot for 25 yrs.and have never been disappointed. Recently I eat there and forgot to tell the waitress that I was allergic to clam. Had not been to the restaurant for at least 2 mos. and when she brought my order and placed it on the table she noticed that it contained clams .She said aren't to allergic to clam? I could not believe she remembered me from months ago! Forgot to mention that besides the food being good, it's very reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wonderful service, very fresh food. I was on a business trip, went there twice, and will definitely visit again when i am back in town.

• Visited June 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
“Simple decor, wonderful food”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have been coming to Sushi Yoko for years. The Tomato Japanese food store attached to the restaurant is worth the visit, very authentic with many great treats! Even though we are not Japanese food experts, over the years we have tried and discovered many delicious items here.
Back to the restaurant. The decor is plain and it lacks atmosphere, but the fish is always fresh, the service is friendly and attentive, the menu authentic -- no fancy named rolls with cream cheese and mayo here - and the choice of dishes is wonderful! We have never been disappointed and will return again and again.

• Visited March 2013