“Gret food and Trivia”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Me and a few coworkers dropped in for pizza after our meetings for the day. We had a great time playing Trivia and eating amazing pizza.

There are newer reviews for Mellow Mushroom

Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Mellow Mushroom restaurants I am used to in the Raleigh are always packed and the food has always been great. So I was very surprised to see this one nearly empty. No wait service at all, you order from the counter. Despite the negative first impression, I ordered a custom small pizza. I had my heart set on carmelized onions and the sweet smokey flavor of roasted red peppers enriching ham and artichoke hearts. I could have given them three stars for a mediocre pizza but really, they do not know what carmelized onions are. The onions on my pizza were barely cooked and overpowered the whole pie. The roasted red peppers were flavorless and I can't even remember the artichoke hearts. I was extremely disappointed and won't be returning.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've been to a number of Mellow Mushrooms, and this one is odd in that it's not the standard Hippy, Groovy, Cool place. It looks like an old pizza place from the 80s that hasn't changed much.

Not much for atmosphere, but the menu is pretty much the same. You have to order everything from the counter, including drinks, which I find odd. We had a group of 8 and were all paying separately, so we had to line up and order. Weird.

They have beer on tap and in bottle - a decent selection, but $5 a piece? Woah.

Some people ordered pizza, they liked it. I had wings that finally came out AFTER everyone was done and ready to leave. They were so small and greasy and just weird tasting, oh, and expensive! I had no idea why they would've taken so long (30 minutes at least!), but I had 2 beers in me and I was happy just to hang out, so I didn't make an issue. Apparently, this is the normal amount of time it takes to make wings. They don't have a fryer, and they're made in the pizza oven... whatever.

For 1 sausage sandwich, 1 shrimp sandwich, 1 order of 8 wings and 5 various beers the bill was over 60 bucks including tip. Not cheap, and really, not worth it. I'm surprised, I've never felt bad about leaving a MM before ... we have no need or desire to return.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have had their pizza a few times and while it isn't bad, there are certainly better tasting options in the area.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were there with a large party (25+) and they were very accommodating at getting our food out to us promptly and hot. It was good, fresh, and tasty. The decor was uninspired, especially compared to other mellow mushrooms.