“Great Service and THE BEST SALSA”
Review of Zapata

Zapata
Ranked #18 of 336 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I had a pork taco and a chicken taco. My husband had an enchilada mole. They were both very good!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I dropped by while I was in town for an interview. The food is pretty authentic Mexican and delicious!! The crema de chile poblano is a must have!!! I was feeling adventurous and tried the enchiladas de mole. Definitely an acquired taste but was decent enough to finish. I'm so happy I'm moving so I can have more opportunities to try other items on the menu.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

They are located in historic Norcross now. Food is good, service was extremely slow today. BUT there was a huge arts festival taking place. Apparently they have a patio and it was slammed. We did see people wait longer than us and then finally leave.

Give it a try - but if the wait is too long, there are plenty of other places in that area to try.

Reviewed November 26, 2008

Me and my husband wanted to taste some authentic MEXICAN food.So after reading the reviews,we decided to give it a try.The service was slow.........food was awful.And guess what .....as if that was not sufficient to ruin the evening.They charged 18% gratuity for a party of 2 people..........WOW!

Instead try Tex-Mex grill.If you don't want to eat more cheese just omit it.

1  Thank scr8983
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Was all set to write a rave review, then all 3 of us experienced unfortunate gastrointestinal distress after eating there. So stay away from the queso fundido, which was really delicious, but apparently dangerous the night we were there. Food is amazing, though. Miles beyond standard strip-mall Mexican fare. Things cooked and served in volcanic rock bowls, Mexican cactus in many dishes. Delicious, creative, authentic. Maybe a little too authentic.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Zapata? Share your experiences!