“I have been going here for years!”

El Torero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 336 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I love this place. The food is always fresh and their a la carte style and prices makes for a great experience. BEWARE the margaritas will kick your booty. They are strong (in a good way) in my opinion. Great queso and wonderful tacos! I will drive the extra mile for this place anytime. If it is your first time just know that they have their own routine. I think they have gotten used to having regulars all the time. You seat yourself. Someone brings you water and chips/salsa. Then your waitress comes over. They will generally drop the check while you are eating. And you pay upfront. Don't take it personally. Its just the way they do things!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A very unassuming place with a huge menu and lots of options. Their Salsa and Chips are amazing. A good place to get a quick meal for under $10

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have eaten here off and on over many years. Mostly because it is close and quick. It is an odd seating lay out. The booths for 4 in the middle are not separated so you are often are really sitting with people you don't know. Another thing I don't like is that you have to go to the register to pay and there is usually a line because the cashier is also handling take out orders. Anyway on this visit the big problem was the sneaky charge for the cheese dip. Mexican restaurants in this area offer a small dish of cheese dip to use with complimentary chips. There were just 2 of us and we ordered the cheese dip. When we got the bill the cheese dip charge was added by hand on the bottom... $5.72. At the register I asked what that was and they said a large cheese dip. I explained that I did not order a large cheese dip, although we did comment on how big the bowl was. I just felt ripped off. Probably a minor thing to some but it didn't sit right with me.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband I went to this restaurant during a recent trip to the Atlanta area. We love Mexican food and where we live, we have a great place we frequent. El Torero looks like it might have once been a seafood place because of all the marlins on the wall. The restaurant has good service and the salsa is spicy (two pluses). The huge basket of chips served upon arrival is fine, but I think costs could be cut if a smaller amount were served. How can two people eat all of those chips? I had a beef chimichanga; my husband loves pork carnitas. Both dishes were fair. But at least they were hot temperature-wise. (The restaurant we'd been to the night before had served our food on the chilly side.) Nothing really wrong with this place, it's just not anything remarkable.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Look, if you want the everyday Tex-Mex food found in most of the Mexican places in greater ATL, then bingo! here's the place for you.

First on the positive side the service was good.

Last, on the negative side the Food was mediocre at best and the salad and soap was not good at all.

For starters I was served a flavorless tortilla soup ( the worst I have had in years), followed by a dinner salad made from the diced lettuce use on their tacos, top with a green tomato slice. Then,I ordered the #17 - a cheese enchilada, a chicken burrito with rice & beans. Mediocre. This meal, with water, came $32. You decide.