“Great Service and good food”
Review of La Nonna's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. Everyone, friends and family alike, called her Nonna or grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. She mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My in inspiration for creating La Nonna's Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I visited La Nonna because we received a gift certificate. We had the lobster ravioli which was great and lasagna rustica which was a large portion and very good. The canoli's are definitely worth the calories! The hospitality and service were excellent. A great neighborhood spot that we will visit again.

1  Thank Keith987502

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was told by the owner that la nonna means grandma and this is the feel that you get when you walk into the place. This family owned business has great food and a very nice ambiance to it. We had the salmon mediterrano and the garlic rolls are the best that I have ever tasted- this is a great spot.

I was told that because of the location the business is up and down so please go and try it out and spread the word!!!!

1  Thank texasgal76
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have enjoyed dinner there twice in the last two months. Surprised to find such a nice Italian restaurant in my neighborhood. Food is great, owner is wonderful, his staff is attentive.

1  Thank Kathy3163
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am originally from Philly, and used to really tasty Italian restaurants. I have lived in Atlanta since 1973, and have found an authentic Italian restaurant, finally!!!! Mario, the owner, greets you and takes you to a table. I have been there once before, and eventhough it is a distance to drive, I knew that I would return!!!! We had an entre of shrimp,calamari.and artichoke. The main meal was a dish like cioppino, and veal in a cream sherry sauce with spinach and mashed potatoes. Eventhough we were quite full, we had to have the tiramisu, which is baked by Mario's wife. It is a must, to eat at this restaurant, because the food is par excellent!!! Making plans with several other friends, because there is a private room in the back, so we can talk and enjoy this wonderful food at this friendly restaurant!!! Mange!!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I tried La Nonna's because we live nearby and had a coupon. We were greeted and seated by the owner. It was an early Sunday evening with about a half dozen other tables of casually dressed diners. I chose the veal piccata and my wife had the special - risotto with chicken. The veal was so tender i could cut it with my fork. The risotto was creamy and so plentiful that we boxed some for later. House red wine and pinot grigio both quite good and well paired. Waiter was attentive and engaging. I will definitely return.