“Good food, good service”
Review of La Nonna's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. Everyone, friends and family alike, called her Nonna or grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. She mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My in inspiration for creating La Nonna's Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone.
Norcross
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Have enjoyed dinner there twice in the last two months. Surprised to find such a nice Italian restaurant in my neighborhood. Food is great, owner is wonderful, his staff is attentive.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kathy3163

Atlanta, Georgia
“" real" Italian food in Norcross Georgia”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I am originally from Philly, and used to really tasty Italian restaurants. I have lived in Atlanta since 1973, and have found an authentic Italian restaurant, finally!!!! Mario, the owner, greets you and takes you to a table. I have been there once before, and eventhough it is a distance to drive, I knew that I would return!!!! We had an entre of shrimp,calamari.and artichoke. The main meal was a dish like cioppino, and veal in a cream sherry sauce with spinach and mashed potatoes. Eventhough we were quite full, we had to have the tiramisu, which is baked by Mario's wife. It is a must, to eat at this restaurant, because the food is par excellent!!! Making plans with several other friends, because there is a private room in the back, so we can talk and enjoy this wonderful food at this friendly restaurant!!! Mange!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Came because of coupon, Will return because of food and service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I tried La Nonna's because we live nearby and had a coupon. We were greeted and seated by the owner. It was an early Sunday evening with about a half dozen other tables of casually dressed diners. I chose the veal piccata and my wife had the special - risotto with chicken. The veal was so tender i could cut it with my fork. The risotto was creamy and so plentiful that we boxed some for later. House red wine and pinot grigio both quite good and well paired. Waiter was attentive and engaging. I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was in town on business and followed TA's #1 advice. I too was suprised that it was located in a strip mall and had my reservations. Mario greeted me at the door, accomidated my every need and served me the best meal I have had in some time. I don't live in the area but have some advise for the locals. Go tell your friends about this place to increase their business, you would not want to lose this gem.

The only improvement I could suggest is to add better bread, I am not a fan of white rolls.

• Visited March 2013
jpl34747
“Cozy,yet authentic”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at Marriott hotel one block away and decided to have a dinner. It locates in the strip mall. Despite of the look from outside, once you step in, the atmosphere is very cozy and charming. We saw regular locals and travelers like us. Even you are alone, you will feel comfortable dinning here. Service was friendly and efficient. Lobster ravioli stuffed with real lobster meat was excellent. Tiramisu was creamy and just right amount of sweetness. Good selection of wines and beers. Nothing pretentious, yet very authentic Italian food and charms.
Recommend to all types of guests.

Visited March 2013