“Excellent service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Nonna's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. Everyone, friends and family alike, called her Nonna or grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. She mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My in inspiration for creating La Nonna's Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were expecting poor service as we almost always do when we use a restaurant.com or groupon gift certificate. In addition to that we entered only half an hour before closing time with a group of foreigners. So we went with low expectations as far as service is concerned. However, we were pleasantly surprised by how good the service was. The servers and the restaurant manager/owner were extremely kind and hospitable. They were also very accommodating to the special dietary needs of some members in our party. The owner/manager was cracking jokes with us and made wonderful suggestions regarding food. We got the mushroom ravioli and the bruschetta for appetizers for the table. They were both excellent. The bread that was served at the table was really fresh and came with a very nice garlic infused olive oil. We ordered two entrees for the table. The Eggplant Rollitini was pretty good but had a little too much cheese for my taste. It came with a tomato basil soup which was awesome. The Penne alla Grillia was very tasty but a little too oily. We shared an order of cannoli for dessert.
Overall, it was a very good experience. We did up spending a lot more than we thought we would. But the portion sizes were huge (with only two entrees and two appetizers for 4 people we still went home with leftovers) and the food was very good.

• Visited January 2013

Lugano, Switzerland
“Good food and friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Desperatly looking for a place that would make seriously genuine family style italian cooking and found it. We came back three times for dinner in the week spent in Norcross. Mario, the owner, is a very nice person and all the staff has been welcoming us.

Visited December 2012
Metro Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and a welcome spot in Peachtree Corners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant very much. We have eaten there twice and the food has been excellent. I cannot wait to try something new next time. The eggplant was fantastic. Service was great as well. Perfect dinner and loved that it was quiet and we able to carry on a conversation. There are not many quiet places with great food in the area. There are places, with great food, but forget the conversation.

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Italian OTP”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have to admit, I am skeptical of having anything other than average outside the perimeter, but was pleasantly surprised to find La Nonna's!!

The food was outstanding! The veal was very tender and the marinara had a great homemade quality. I also tried the tiramasu and was very impressed. It is homemade by the owner's wife.

The positive reviews for this restaurant are spot on. Some of the negatives I would take with just a bad experience. The restaurant is in a strip mall, but is nice on the inside. The decor was very tasteful and understated. On the service - we did have a little mix-up, but the owner explained they were training a new person. That's life!

Will definitely go here again and support a family owned restaurant!!!

• Visited November 2012
Riverside, AL
“If this is #1”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

In Norcross, I'll never go to 2,3, or 4. Arrived early as a single, one group of three were the only others there. Mario, my "server" had no knowledge of the wine list, didn't advise what the soup of the day was...took my entree order, never asked if I wanted an appetizer, soup, or salad. Was slow delivering the skimpy ( slightly over baked but warm) serving of bread. Delivered my entree - and that was it. Never saw him again till I was long done
with my meal. By now the place was probably half full. Mario never asked if I wanted dessert - just brought the check. The owner/manager stopped at every table but mine to ask how everything was. The baked ziti was outstanding, but that truly was the only good thing about laNonnas. With Ippolitos, Firenze, and Mambo Italiano nearby, I never have to return to this place.
Oh -atmosphere? Absolutely none. Worst dining experience I've had in years. Oh, did I mention that Mario never said "thank you"?