“WONDERFUL!!”

La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. Everyone, friends and family alike, called her Nonna or grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. She mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My in inspiration for creating La Nonna's Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone.
Jacksonville, FL
“WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

First... wish they were close to me... I'd be a weekly regular!!

Food is superb and huge portions! Servers attentive but not bothersome! Bread is divine!

No negatives in my opinion!

Alabama
“Awesome Italian”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Great food...garlic rolls were great! Must try when in nocross. Had the carbonara which was excellant and companions had alfredo and la nonna chicken.

Hayesville, North Carolina
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Arrived near closing time with a group of friends and we were still given superb service. The owner helped us choose our wines, the wait staff was on the ball (no whining to be heard about having to stay late) and the food was delicious. My sea bass in a curry sauce over risotto was a special of the day and special it was. Oh, my! Each person in our party was extremely pleased with his/her appetizer, entree and dessert - not one complaint. It's in a strip mall but don't let that dissuade you - it's the real thing.

SE USA
“We found our new place for authentic Italian”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner with my boss and our spouses. Food was fantastic from beginning to end. Started with a really fresh bread with a delightful olive oil/herb dipping plate. Paired a nice wine with our appetizers of a very fresh and tasty Bruschetta and the Nonna Platter. The Eggplant Parmigiana was very very good and the others in my party were extremely happy with the Sea Bass Oregenato and Shrimp Scampi. DONT MISS THE TIRAMISU........... one of the best we have ever had, Thank you to Mario and his crew for a great evening. Looking forward to our next visit. Dont miss this hidden gem. Your first impression from the outside is that it may be another shopping center Italian place............. its not......................... go on in and have one of the best dinners you will have this year.

1 Thank Bosco125
Phoenix, Arizona
“The only true Italian restuarant in Norcross”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've been looking for a good Italian restaurant in Norcross and saw that La Nonna's had excellent reviews. After having had a bad experience on another Italian restaurant (not to be named here) which I was told excellent, I decided to see what restaurants had the best reviews. La Nonna’s was not a disappointment. The food, the service, the prices, and the atmosphere were all exceptional. The owner is originally from Italy and Long Island NY which explains why this restaurant is as good as it is. Having spent at least half my life around Italians from NY and Philadelphia that know good food, I am very picky about where I eat Italian food and this definitely passes the litmus test. If you like seafood, I highly recommend the La Nonna’s Frutti di Mare. Although I only ate dinner on this visit, they have great values and selection for lunch as well.