“Excellent food, fun atmosphere for neighborhood place”
Review of Ten Bistro

Ten Bistro
Ranked #3 of 328 Restaurants in Norcross
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent food, fun atmosphere for neighborhood place”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I always like to see a reasonably priced, neighborhood place with interesting, well-made food. We don't have enough of those around here. The menu was interesting, healthy and covered a range of tastes. The atmosphere is hip and fun, without being too cool for the suburbs. My husband and I went for a late Sunday lunch after the brunch was over. A fried green tomato appetizer was elevated with fried goat cheese and onion jam, in addition to interesting aioli (and the portion size was enough to share). His shrimp and grits with chorizo was one of the best I've tasted. My Ocean Drive with mahi mahi was delicious. The sauce on the side was killer, and the pureed sweet potatoes were amazing and silky. The wine and beverage list is nice. The Tiramisu was a different style than usual (not as much coffee flavor), but was fresh and tasty, with a raspberry puree that you could tell was actually made from fresh berries. Service was low key, but attentive, and the waitress was knowledgable. Prices were very reasonable for the quality and quantity of food served. This is a nice place you can go to for a weekday meal, not just a special occasion, and is well above the usual (chain) fare in this area.

• Visited February 2013

Norcross, GA
“Ten Bistro is a 10!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I went for Valentine's Day. It was after 8 and we didn't have a reservation so we had a short wait but the service was fast and friendly at the bar while we waited. Ambiance is low-key yet upbeat. The food was fantastic! We started with nachos and I had the shrimp and grits. My husband had some kind of steak which I tried. Everything was absolutely scrumptious. At the bar they have a big screen with pictures of many menu items. The flan for dessert was also very good. They had multi-course menu for Valentine's day, which was really quite reasonable and included wine with each course but we thought that was going to be a little too much for us. But others around us seemed to very much enjoy that. We live in the neighborhood and hope to visit again soon. BTW instead of a bread basket they bring you carrot and celery sticks with humus. A nice healthy alterative. Bon Appetit!!

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta
“Hit or Miss Neighborhood Spot”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I am totally torn as to whether I should score Ten Bistro a 3 or 4; I decided to be generous with the 4 because I definitely want to support small businesses, and because my experiences have been more hit than miss.

I have been to Ten Bistro at least five times - for lunch, dinner and finally for Sunday Brunch a week ago. I have had very good food some of the time, good-mediocre food some of the time, and bad food twice. They change up the menu (they use a lot of local & organic products) which I appreciate. They also invite you to submit your favorite recipe and if they like it, they will add it to the menu and give you credit. I had an entree (a nightly special) once that was not good and their Tiramasu is (in my opinion) the worst I ever tried. Otherwise the food is good to very good.

The service is generally pretty good, too, but I have had a couple of occasions where it has been slow. I convince a group of about 12 neighbors to go to Ten Bistro one night rather than one of our usual spots and the service was unacceptably slow.

If you live in the area, or are visiting nearby, Ten Bistro is definitely a place to try.

Visited January 2013
Greenville, SC
“Glad we took a chance”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We decided to go here after looking at online menu and WOW, we were so pleased!!! The food was wonderful, super fresh, and healthy. My husband had the salmon wrap and it was super. I had The Voyager. The server described it as art work and she was right. It was BEAUTIFUL to the eyes and ESPECIALLY to the tastebuds! If you love veggies, you must order it. The owner was there and came to speak with us for a few moments. He was very interested in how we liked our meal and also how we knew of the restaurant. It was a pleasure and a treat to dine here. Oh, we were also served yummy hummus, veggies and chips while we waited. Also, very good.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta
“Fantastic Organic Food - Hip Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Jesse Kauffman, the owner of Ten Bistro is a hands on manager. No question or suggestion is too tough for Jesse or his staff. The welcoming little plate of hummus and veggies starts the evening off with a smile and expectations of great food and you won't be disappointed. The French Onion Soup is perhaps the best I have ever had - loaded with onions and topped with lip sticking cheese. The main courses are varied - no specific genra here - and are well prepared and beautifully served. Reservations are a must as Ten Bistro is does not occupy a large space and that space is part of the charm.

• Visited November 2012