“Great for the Money!”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great for the Money!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had two rooms on our visit for two days to this property and both showed their age, but both rooms were very clean. The people were all very nice and we had a very pleasant stay. We stayed at a Wingate hotel on the same trip, which other than a super breakfast and less wear and tear on the room, wasn't much better or worth the extra money. The place was very quiet and if you go either direction on the nearby highway, you can find quite a few places to eat, especially in the quick serve arena. The worst thing was probably the breakfast, which was passable, but barely. The juice was all watered down and they didn't know to take the donuts out of the container and put them on a tray, instead of serving them in the box, which told you they were the manager's day old specials. They all tasted fine, but not the best idea to show your customer. Surprisingly, the cereal was all top line and not generic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Small room but adequate for a cheap one night stay. Bathroom door stuck a little and toilet moved upon sitting but room was clean. Wasn't right on highway but gps took us right to it and was a quiet location.

• Stayed June 2012
Hazleton, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My best friend and I stayed here on the way to our final destination in Florida and also on the way home. We got a great deal by booking online. The check-in staff was super slow, but nice. Our rooms were clean but you could tell they'd been around awhile. Furniture was nicked, scratched, etc. but it was comfortable. Great prices, close to food and shopping.

Note: It was super noisy on our return trip... I'm not sure if the folks next door were partying or what but it was ridiculous and they kept banging on the dang wall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I work for myself and do all that I can to maximize profit. One way I save money is to find hotels in the areas where I travel that have the best prices and the best service. The service at this property is professional and consistent. The rooms are good quality and provide a comfortable stay. I have stayed at this property several times. The last time was for two nights beginning May 31, 2012, in room 140. Personally, as a business traveler, I tend to overlook the niceties that many hotels charge a premium for, in favor of a property that delivers on the essentials. What interests me is saving as much as I can for a decent room. In that regard, this hotel exceeds expectations for the price range.

Saving money, however, isn’t everything. I grade pretty hard on the essentials, and this hotel makes the cut. For me, “A-Number-One” is the water. My room had good water pressure and good hot water. Also, the beds and pillows were clean and comfortable. In my room, they even provided three pillows per bed. The TV remote worked, and there is a nice selection of channels. My room included a microwave, small refrigerator and a coffee maker. The fridge really holds quite a bit and is so handy to store leftovers and extra drinks to help cut down on food costs. I just take out my leftover diner from last night; put it in the microwave and now I can enjoy a meal at no extra cost. My room for this trip was a smoking room that had no offensive odors. There were some cigarette burns in some areas, but overall the room was nice, and you can’t expect a property to rip out the carpet or install a new tub every time some selfish, careless idiot decides to drop a cigarette. Outside, the grass was cut and the parking lot was clean and well lit.

On my last visit, my helper forgot and left his phone by accident. I called the hotel to see if it was found, and they had it waiting on me at the front desk.

I’m very happy with this hotel and plan to continue staying here when in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cozumel, Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We all are nervouse at times to pick the cheap hotel right? Well i am but I did it this time and was rewarded. The place is great, quiet, clean and with breakfast and cost a cool $39.00 with tax! ( book on Travelocity to get a discounted rate.
Enjoy. We have a microwave, coffee pot and frig, TV with remote and nice sheet with a small tabel in the room. I think this can not be beat all things considered. The check in was a tad slow cause the guy just wanted to be so kind and I loved it.
Hope this helps you for the Norcross Ga. area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good but we had one in the back and there was no noice etc. just a nice place for...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place was terrible only because there is not another word to use. Staples in the bathroom door, hair on the floor, thelphone was filthy, $95.00 sticker on outdated television, people who reside in the motel, and breakfast was non-existent.

NEVER - EVER stay at this place! I am not sure if "Days Inn" knows that this place is representing them because it is the worst. This place would make you never want to stay at a Days Inn again.

Room Tip: The connecting room door made me put the chairs in front of it for safety because it did not look se...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank V L

Travelers are raving about these Norcross hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

When I arrived at the hotel, I was not given instructions on breakfast or anything else. Moreover, they don't have an elevator. So, I had to make about 15 trips up a flight of stairs to get to the room.

Also, on check-in day, it was clear they had just finished painting the outside door. It had dried by time I entered. So, I thought there wouldn't be a problem with paint.

There was not much offered for breakfast, even for a continental one. If you care about breakfast, go to the supermarket to fill your frig. Each room has a refrigator and microwave.

I don't need room service everyday. So, like other hotels that provide this service, I put my tied up trash right outside my door. After I returned from meetings that second day, I received a earful from the maids about putting my trash outside and having two bags. Amazed, I went to the desk to complain about being told off by the help. Then and only then was I informed the hotel had a trash bin on the other side of the hotel. I guess they thought I was psychic and knew trash bags outside the door was a no-no.

To top off my visit, on my last full day there, I returned to the room from a meeting with clients to be met with newly painted door. They put a second coat on, but failed to put fresh paint signs out. My suit and briefcase are blue stained now. No, after everything, I didn't complain. I just wanted to get a good night sleep on my 4th night and get out of there.

I book through Hotwire and Priceline. Therefore, unfortunately, to avoid this hotel I have to avoid all two star hotels in the Norcross area. It's a small price to pay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business