“Nice, clean comfortable stop for a night”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Pickerington, OH
“Nice, clean comfortable stop for a night”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was visiting Norcross/Atlanta recently on business for a few nights and had to stay over for another night. Unfortunately, the Hyatt Place in Norcross (where I had stayed for two nights) didn't have a room available on short notice.

I was able to book a room at 4 in the afternoon for that evening online using one of the services linked here. I made my way over to the hotel, was greeted by a friendly desk clerk and checked in.

The hotel is your average business-class hotel. Decor and furnishings are a bit dated, but still comfortable. The one weird thing about the room was the plumbing -- I had a hard time figuring out if there was a hot water at first. I almost called the front desk to complain, then played with the handles and figured out they were reversed! The strangest thing I've seen in a hotel for awhile.

The morning breakfast was okay, not quite up to par with some of the other chains. From my perspective, these places always have too much bread + sweets and not enough protein. The next morning, I had a couple of eggs (not sure how to describe how they were cooked, sort of like the egg on an Egg McMuffin) and a cup of coffee. They still have only small styrofoam cups for coffee (seems everyone else has Starbucks style cups now, a bit bigger with a sippy cover) so not too convenient to take a cup with me.

The only other thing I didn't like about the hotel was its location, compared to the Hyatt Place. Jimmy Carter Blvd is just off the interstate, surrounded by auto parts stores and fast food places. It's certainly convenient, but not the most pleasant surroundings.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room off the back of the hotel, or a room on the 2nd floor. I was in room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BuckeyeLover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were very pleased with our three day stay at the Country inn. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was nice with a frig, microwave, couch, and very quiet .We enjoyed the breakfast with yogurt, eggs, ham, potatoes, pancakes, cereal, milk, juice, pastries, and sausage gravy. We enjoyed the rocking chairs on the porch waiting for our ride .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The hotel staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful. They even gave us a map to assist us in finding a great local restaurant in the area. Great breakfast, clean rooms, plenty of parking, and fair prices - overall a great combination.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great time @ this location. It was very convenient to where we needed to be for business/pleasure. A fast food restaurant close enough to walk.....ample parking....and very nice staff. We had an AC problem with our room...and we were moved to another room. We encountered a problem with our bill.....it was taken care of in a couple of days after our visit. Clean room.....and a large room. We were sad that no cookies were available any of the three days we were there.....but maybe next time! We love the cookies!!! Thanks to the staff for making our visit a good one....especially to Sonya for taking care of our problem with the bill!

Room Tip: The first floor is very convenient.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GANCROSS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us every time you are in the area. Your business & consideration is truly appreciated. Thank you for allowing us to correct the unintended billing error and recognizing our staff. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience. Also, I am very sorry that you didn’t get to enjoy the cookies. Yeah!! Our freshly baked cookies are most enjoyed by all our guests!!

We hope to host you all again whenever travel brings you back in the area.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I enjoyed my visit with my entire family! The staff was extremely friendly and Manish is an asset to the company! He was extremely kind and hosted my family and I with a huge smile! I am definetly going to go back! The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable

• Stayed March 2014
Hello there,

Thank you for taking time to write the review about your stay. We all are grateful for the opportunity to host you and your family and it is very satisfying to see that you all enjoyed the stay. We are and will always be here to ensure that our guests are well taken care of.

We hope to host you all again whenever travel brings you back in the area.

Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The service was wonderful from the beginning to end. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were updated with a nice size flat screen, over 200 channels and the bed was very comfortable. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014
I am grateful that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Yeah!! Our extensive TV channel lineup is much enjoyed by our guests who want to come back after a busy day and do nothing but, just relax on the most comfortable bed & enjoy the TV.

We hope to host again very soon. We all are here to take best care of your.

Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Over the weekend of Jan. 31, Feb. 1 and 2, I had planned a trip to the Georgia Aquarium from our central Virginia location. The group size was about 45 people, in every age range. I had dealt with this hotel numerous times a couple years ago and had a good experience with them at then, so decided to return. Manish - the manager - and his staff were very friendly and professional as we worked out the details. I had several last minute changes and they were handled in stride - no glitches, even when some things got changed at check-in. Once our block of rooms was established, Manish proceeded to upgrade many of them to the two room suites at no additional charge. This made the trip much more comfortable for some of our larger parties - friends and families that were staying together. The group arrived all through the day of check-in, and each was met with a smile, a friendly,courteous attitude, and the rooms were ready. One couple had a tv in their room that would not work - nice HD flat screens, by the way. Manish's staff tried once to fix it, and without hesitating, moved them to another room. We had asked to use the dining area late on our arrival night for a group meeting and this worked out very well. Sonya even made hot, fresh, gooey cookies and brownies just for us!!

The hotel is attractive, well lit, and clean. It is easily accessible, less than 5 minutes off I-85, and only about 15 minutes from the Georgia Aquarium. There are good restaurants of all types close by, gas and convenience stores within walking distance.

We will be staying with these folks again on our next trip to Atlanta!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Vadivetraveler
Dear Chuck,
Thank you for very much for choosing to stay with us. It was pleasure to finally host you all. I am glad that your group enjoyed our suites. All of us are always here to do our best to give our guests most comfortable & pleasant stay.

Thank you for taking time to write the review & the recognition. We can’t wait to host you all next year.

Meanwhile, enjoy & take care..