I was visiting Norcross/Atlanta recently on business for a few nights and had to stay over for another night. Unfortunately, the Hyatt Place in Norcross (where I had stayed for two nights) didn't have a room available on short notice.
I was able to book a room at 4 in the afternoon for that evening online using one of the services linked here. I made my way over to the hotel, was greeted by a friendly desk clerk and checked in.
The hotel is your average business-class hotel. Decor and furnishings are a bit dated, but still comfortable. The one weird thing about the room was the plumbing -- I had a hard time figuring out if there was a hot water at first. I almost called the front desk to complain, then played with the handles and figured out they were reversed! The strangest thing I've seen in a hotel for awhile.
The morning breakfast was okay, not quite up to par with some of the other chains. From my perspective, these places always have too much bread + sweets and not enough protein. The next morning, I had a couple of eggs (not sure how to describe how they were cooked, sort of like the egg on an Egg McMuffin) and a cup of coffee. They still have only small styrofoam cups for coffee (seems everyone else has Starbucks style cups now, a bit bigger with a sippy cover) so not too convenient to take a cup with me.
The only other thing I didn't like about the hotel was its location, compared to the Hyatt Place. Jimmy Carter Blvd is just off the interstate, surrounded by auto parts stores and fast food places. It's certainly convenient, but not the most pleasant surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Norcross is conveniently located on Jimmy Carter Blvd. near I-85 Exit 99, minutes from Peachtree Corners & just 15 miles outside of Atlanta. Close to several attractions, the hotel accommodations boast everything you need for a delightful stay. Guests of our hotel enjoy high-speed Internet access, Fitness Center, Swimming pool, Complimentary "Be Our Guest" HOT Breakfast and the warm, friendly service of our energetic staff. ***EXCLUSIVE FEATURE*** We are excited & pleased to be the only hotel in the area that offers 37-inch flat screen TV sets in each room with extensive line up of local & premium channels (including SEVERAL HBO & ESPN) on HD (Hi Definition). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Norcross
- Country Inn & Suites Norcross Hotel Norcross
- Country Inn Norcross
- Norcross Country Inn