“early check-in on an award: NO NO”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I tried to check in early to this Country Inns at Norcross, GA around noon. I know the check-in time is 3pm but I tried since the hotel was empty previous night (parking lot was empty with four cars) Front desk clerk told me there is no available room since they are still cleaning.
I asked again if it is true. He even said he is not sure to check me in afer 1pm or 2pm.
At this point, I complied and left the hotel. I asked if I can use bathroom and checked the every floor and talked with cleaning staffs. and I can't elaborate this discussion with cleaning ladies. However, I am certain that the occupancy is pretty low on the date and
there were many available rooms at the moment. I believe they are showing a resistance since I was on a point stay. I know Country Inns has great hotels however, some chain hotels are not. The reason I left the hotel not waiting a hour or two is based on my experience with some Country Inns not following a standard. I had a couple of stays turned into bad experience at Country Inns at High point, Greensboro and Country Inns at Washington Dulles airport. I felt the same thing as soon as I arrived and met the front desk clerk.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This past weekend I was in town for a friend's birthday and I stayed at Manish's hotel. This was the second time I've stayed at the country inn and suites on Jimmy Carter. Manish was great and was very friendly. I had some minor issues from my last stay but Manish went above and beyond to resolve my problems. Angel the front desk host was also very friendly and sweet. I needed nail polish remover and she went out to her car to let me use her own personal bottle! The house keeping staff are friendly and always available to help if you need any thing from extra towels to coffee cups! I will always stay at this country inn and suites when I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I found this hotel to be a very nice stay. The rooms are large, includes sitting area with couch and chair. Large Flat screen TV (HDTV?). Very comfortable bed. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hotel and staff (front desk, house keeping and maintenance) are awesome! I've stayed here a few times, the price is right, the hotel has been renovated and the manager bends over backwards to ensure my stay is great every time. He even remembered my name, I appreciate that type of customer service.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is really well managed hotel. Real nice suites & very clean.
Front office is really awsome & helpful.
One of teh best hotel with best rates!!!
My kids enjoyed the sofa bed with Indian channels.

Excellent!

Room Tip: Corner Suites
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is really well run hotel. They have suites - not rooms. The suites are about the size of one bedroom apartment. There is separate bedroom, and separate living room with office desk. All furnished in modern/artsy way. Very practical. The office desk has power outlets on the table, and in the base of lamps. This is very convenient for a business traveler who works in the room. Enough outlets for laptop, printer, scanner and shredder.

Breakfast is buffet style, warm eggs, biscuits, sausage, fruits, jogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, coffee. Newspaper is available for breakfast reading. USA today is the only selection.

Location is less then half mile from the I-85. Locally, it is about midpoint of Gwinnett County, close to everything in North-East Atlanta suburbs, and one exit from Atlanta perimeter (ring-road around Atlanta). Excellent base for business traveler with business to North-East Atlanta, Northern Perimeter, or Buckhead/Midtown/Downtown area (since everything is along I-85). This of course assumes that you have car available during the entire stay. This location does not work if you are on leisure trip, and just want to walk from hotel to the World of Coca Cola before flying home.

Room Tip: Front side has view to Jimmy Carter Blvd. Back side has view to swimming pool, and some trees.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for two nights (around $79/night with AAA) and found the hotel to be in good shape with large, clean rooms and nicely maintained. The service was inconsistent ranging from friendly and helpful to uncaring and ignorant. The free continental breakfast was about as basic as I've seen in a while but it's fine if your just looking for a bowl of cereal and some coffee. Having the gardener show up before 7:00 am to use his gas powered leaf blower outside our window to clean the parking lot wasn't the best idea, fortunately I was already awake but I can imagine it wasn't appreciated by some guests. The shower/tub had a loose and finicky handle which I could never quite figure out how to get warm water from with out wiggling it around for a few minutes. I never could get warm water out of the sink tap. All in all it was okay but I'm sure there's better places for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends