“Business Trip”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Business Trip”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Everything about the hotel, decor and rooms were better than satisfactory, The staff was very helpful and courteous and took care of just about everything. I had an issue with the hot water in my room. Once the management found out about it steps were taken to ensure the stay was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'm currently on Day 2 of 5 staying at this hotel. On the first day it took about 10 minutes for the water to warm up. On the second day it started hot ("Oh, they fixed it") then promptly went cold the rest of the morning.
The leaning commode is a nice touch too. Feels like you are relieving yourself while sitting on a roller coaster.
On the plus side, the staff did seem very caring which is probably crucial for this hotel to do well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AllBizness_12
GANCROSS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced in the beginning of your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology. I just got an alert about this review hence want to ensure that i get to connect with you and see if I can be of any assistance. I hope you received my letter of apology dropped in your room on 2nd day as unfortunately I found out about this issue only on 2nd morning. I waited to connect with you in person before leaving from hotel on 2nd day but, you arrived from work late in night and I had left by then.

We do our best to take care of any issue identified and if there is anything we can’t fix immediately try find alternate solution. In your case I need to find out why you weren’t offered alternate room. I am double checking my end of communication gap that caused this. Meanwhile, I was happy to talk to you about your new room and that everything was ok. Since then I left you VM in attempt to make sure that your rest of stay was comfortable and if there was anything we can do. In summary, your feedback is of huge value to us. We feel terrible that your stay wasn't as pleasant &/or comfortable as you may have expected. It there is anything you want to discuss with me in relation to your stay, I urge you to please contact me directly or, my mobile at your convenience. Again, please accept our apology for the inconvenience.
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Country Inn and Suites Norcross. Our room was super clean. The hotel was also well kept and clean. Manish, the owner/manager also made sure our stay was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
OHIO
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is the recommended hotel for the company I was in the area for business at the beginning of the month. I was checking the reviews in Trip Advisor and even though the hotel was highly rated, many of the reviews were single reviews which indicate the review has been “salted”. Since it was for business and the rate was very competitive, I booked my stay at the hotel.

The hotel is located on a divided highway so it is not that easy to get into and out of, but there is a rear entry off of a side road that helps. Check in was fast and efficient. The lobby appears to have been updated recently.

My room was the one bedroom suite. The room has two flat screen televisions and the furniture though not new was in good shape. The décor was dated and the room could have used a new coat of paint. What troubled me about the layout of the room was that the bathroom door opened into the hall. The room is not a handicap room. These interfered with the flow of the room. Though a little noisy, the heater worked well. Also I don’t know why all of the lamps in the living room were unplugged.

The bathroom was large and had been recently remodeled with a granite counter top. The shower drained well but there was a distinct lack of hot water. The lack of hot water was not just in my room as several other members of my group experienced the same issue. Some of the towels had holes in them and should have been retired.

On a positive note the bed was very firm and comfortable for me and the Internet access both wired and wireless is the fastest in a hotel that I have ever seen (20Mbs down and 10Mbs up).

The breakfast area was recently remodeled and though not large was never crowded. The food was average to good most days.

I would say that this stay and hotel are just average. One member of our group who prefers to stay at Country Inns and Suites said it was the worst one they had stayed at. Enough Said.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WK0119
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is one hotel where they go out of their way to make sure guests even the smallest request is fullfilled to the most extent, I had to use the business center though it was locked, when i requested they went out of their way by not only opening the room but pointing out to which computer was fast making sure I was comfortable and if i needed anything else i should not hesitate, JUST OUTSTANDING!!!

Room Tip: They up grade the single room to Suite with two Tv's for very nominal charge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great facility in closed proximity of downtown yet away from all the noise!
Breakfast was awesome with change in main item everyday! Great service, specious room!
Will stay again!
Personalized service by all staff from check in by Angel to check out by Manish!

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Anytime I'm in Norcross on business I always try to stay here, at the Country Inn & Suites. The rooms are very spacious, I had a king suite with full kitchen, spacious bathroom. Complimentary breakfast in the mornings AND complimentary diner in the evening. All of my needs were met. Not a fan of the location however, would of preferred more dining options within walking distance in the evenings, but that's the only thing I dislike about staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business