WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Waterloo, Iowa
“Very satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at Country Inn and Suites Norcross. Our room was super clean. The hotel was also well kept and clean. Manish, the owner/manager also made sure our stay was pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
OHIO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This Country Inn and Suites is the recommended hotel for the company I was in the area for business at the beginning of the month. I was checking the reviews in Trip Advisor and even though the hotel was highly rated, many of the reviews were single reviews which indicate the review has been “salted”. Since it was for business and the rate was very competitive, I booked my stay at the hotel.

The hotel is located on a divided highway so it is not that easy to get into and out of, but there is a rear entry off of a side road that helps. Check in was fast and efficient. The lobby appears to have been updated recently.

My room was the one bedroom suite. The room has two flat screen televisions and the furniture though not new was in good shape. The décor was dated and the room could have used a new coat of paint. What troubled me about the layout of the room was that the bathroom door opened into the hall. The room is not a handicap room. These interfered with the flow of the room. Though a little noisy, the heater worked well. Also I don’t know why all of the lamps in the living room were unplugged.

The bathroom was large and had been recently remodeled with a granite counter top. The shower drained well but there was a distinct lack of hot water. The lack of hot water was not just in my room as several other members of my group experienced the same issue. Some of the towels had holes in them and should have been retired.

On a positive note the bed was very firm and comfortable for me and the Internet access both wired and wireless is the fastest in a hotel that I have ever seen (20Mbs down and 10Mbs up).

The breakfast area was recently remodeled and though not large was never crowded. The food was average to good most days.

I would say that this stay and hotel are just average. One member of our group who prefers to stay at Country Inns and Suites said it was the worst one they had stayed at. Enough Said.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WK0119
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is one hotel where they go out of their way to make sure guests even the smallest request is fullfilled to the most extent, I had to use the business center though it was locked, when i requested they went out of their way by not only opening the room but pointing out to which computer was fast making sure I was comfortable and if i needed anything else i should not hesitate, JUST OUTSTANDING!!!

Room Tip: They up grade the single room to Suite with two Tv's for very nominal charge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great facility in closed proximity of downtown yet away from all the noise!
Breakfast was awesome with change in main item everyday! Great service, specious room!
Will stay again!
Personalized service by all staff from check in by Angel to check out by Manish!

• Stayed February 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Anytime I'm in Norcross on business I always try to stay here, at the Country Inn & Suites. The rooms are very spacious, I had a king suite with full kitchen, spacious bathroom. Complimentary breakfast in the mornings AND complimentary diner in the evening. All of my needs were met. Not a fan of the location however, would of preferred more dining options within walking distance in the evenings, but that's the only thing I dislike about staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I read many reviews before booking this location and chose it based on the food items available for breakfast and the customer service reviews. I was happy with the customer service and that was about it. Manish is the hotel manager & he answered the phone when I called to book my room. He was upfront with me & said that the TV was not working in one of the rooms I was booking but I did not care so I booked it anyways. He was very nice & professional. When we arrived it was around 9pm and the hotel staff was expecting us & they had made very good notes on what to expect when we arrived. When we reached our rooms we were happy with the King suite and the pull out couch other than the fact that the pull out couch had a very thin mattress and only came with 1 pillow, 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, & 1 blanket. Luckliy our kids did not complain ^ they fell asleep instanlty. My husband & I on the other hand did not. There was not very much hot water. The private bedroom was nice but small. The noise level from the outside was so loud and constant we could not fall asleep. I called down to the front desk & requested that we be moved the next night & they said they would see what they could do. I finally got fully dressed & walked out to my car to get earphones to wear to bed to muffle the noise from outside. The hotel sits on a very very busy road & big mack trucks and cars pass by 24/7 & because the window was not fully sealled we heard all of it all night. The mattress was hard as a rock & the pillows were pitiful. I finally gave up on sleep and took a shower & again the hot water was very little. We went down to breakfast pumped up about the menu because from their website we were expecting nice meal but all that was available was runny oatmeal, runny eggs, red potatos, cereal, waffles, & some bread items. It was very disappointing. There was no meat at all. The waffle batter poured at such a slow rate it took me 30 minutes to make 4 waffles. I wanted to flavor my oatmeal with the brown sugar available but it was so hard I could not get it out of the container. There was very little butter and cream cheese. The sitting area for breakfast was small and not adequate for the amount of guests they were serving most tables only sat 2 people. In the future I will not be staying in this location. Make sure you read all the reviews - I am not sure where the reviews cae from that I read but some of them could not have been associated with the location because there is no indoor pool like one review said and the breakfast was the caliber of a Best Western or some other lower tier hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you ask to stay in a room that is not facing the road. this hotel sits right on a very bu...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the moment that we arrived, the staff made us feel so welcome. We arrived late in the evening, tired from a long cold and rainy trip, and the desk clerk went out of her way to make us some hot water for some tea to warm us up. The moment we entered our room, it smelled clean and fresh. The room was spacious and well furnished and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We will look forward to staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Norcross on our next upcoming visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business