“Integral part of the most important day of my life.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When reserving a room block for my March 2012 Wedding, I looked for a hotel that was both affordable, comfortable, clean, and convenient for my wedding guests. Country Inn and Suites Norcross fulfilled all of my needs and much more. I am so pleased with the level of service and hospitality that we received at this hotel. I am truly impressed with Country Inn, and my husband and I are now loyal customers and stay at Country Inns no matter where we travel.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to a King Suite!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Mrs. Brown,

Congratulations again! Thank you for sharing your experience. Your compliments mean a lot to us. It is our tremendous pleasure that we meaningfully contributed to the overall event. We were thrilled to be an integral part of the most important day of your life and I glad that we delivered on your expectations and more. We constantly strive to ensure that our guests are well taken care of as nothing is more important to us than that. I am glad that my Country Inn and Suites Norcross fulfilled all of your needs and much more. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was in Norcross on business and found this Country Inn. It appears to have been recently remodeled, and my room was much more than I expected. With a full size king bed that was probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on, to the nice new flat television set and wi-fi, this was the perfect hotel for my needs. Plenty of restaurants to choose from that are close by, and the in house breakfast each morning was very good. I personally liked the lemonade dispenser for my morning drink of choice.

The staff was very attentive, and the owner really cared about his patrons. I got to know him a little while I was staying there, he's a genuine and nice guy. I will no doubt stay again here when i'm in town again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Greg,

It was pleasure to host you. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our attempt is to do our best to take care of each and every guest. Thank you very much for complimenting the staff. Yup.. The hotel has been remodeled during 2011 and we are glad to offer our guests newer and fresher rooms & amenities including the brand new 37” screen flat screen TVs. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Quick stay at this hotel prior to departure back home to Maryland. Excellent service and very friendly staff. Rooms are typical but clean and well furnished. Breakfast was very good and the staff went out of their way to please. Will stay here on future Atlanta trips.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mwind
harry p, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for posting your review and for allowing us to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We have completed our renovations in 2011 and now have flat screen TV's along with a free full hot breakfast to enjoy

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We flew into Atlanta rather late and had a drive the next day to Charlotte planned so we had booked here since it put us on the north side of Atlanta and ahead of morning traffic hopefully. It was easy to find about 1 mile west of I85 on J. Carter blvd. The receptionist was nice and we went up to our room only to find that the AC had not been turned on and it was about 90 degrees! We set it down to 65 and even opened the windows as it was cool outside and in about an hour it finally got cool enough to sleep.

An ok free breakfast was served at 6 am onward. It gives the impression of an older motel that has been re-branded and redone, my wife noticed that they had painted the ceiling and just stopped near the light fixture so you could see the old color. Also the coffee bar sink made a weird burping noise that would not stop until I stuffed a wet bath towel into the sink. Glad it only cost us 9000 points for the night. .

Room Tip: The back side faces away from J. Carter bvld and would be quieter I think.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback along with the minor touchups that we have to work on. We have completed our renovations in 2011 which included new bedding, flat screen TV's , an upgraded and complimentary full hot breakfast and free business center

We are located at exit 99 off I-85

We accept Club Carlson points too!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed for 3days and 4 nights and met the most wonderful staff but one staff stood out more than others and her name was lisa, her southern hospitallity made me feel right at home, he motherly instinc took care of me and my neice as if we where her own family visiting from out of town. the house keeper made us smile every morning hardly no english but she took the time to teach us some things in spanish while doing her job she would say have a great day every morning. I was there visiting for a competition "sunday best" and i won in the competition, what touched me is when i came back to the hotel rejoicing over what took place in my life the staff where so excited as if they knew me all my life and the where leaping with joy and that just made me feel so welcomed... but it didnt stop there usually people let things go that night but not lisa the next morning she was braging to the new staff members and other hotel residence i smile with a big kool-aide smile for i have never experienced such a great environment like this ever and i sing and travel all around ... I pray that you all have the experience i had and you get a chance to meet the staff at County inn & suites in norcross, Ga and that you meet the lady with a warming smile Ms. lisa... thank you again for the great hospitality

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments and I remember that you had a great time in Atlant and with us while you were attending that singing competition here in Atlanta . Please be assured that we will share your comments with our staff and that we made you feel at home at our hotel.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed for a week at this hotel during a business trip in April 2012. The hotel is in a great central location in the Norcross area, near a warehouse/wholesale area but very close to area restaurants and I-85.

I had a room with a king size bed on the rear side of the hotel, which I asked for because the front side is pretty close to the highway. The room was very clean and quiet, with the exception of one evening when a trucker who was staying there decided to leave his refrigerated truck running until midnight on a weeknight. I called the front desk to alert them of the noise and being unable to fall asleep due to that and the truck was turned off within 15-30 min.

All of the staff were very nice and helpful, especially the wonderful lady at the front desk in the mornings. She was always smiling and friendly, offering help or just good conversation whenever I stopped by for breakfast. Speaking of which, my colleagues and I (who were all staying at the same hotel) thought the breakfast was a great value for what it was. The breakfast consisted of a hot bar, usually based with scrambled eggs and something different on the side every day, as well as breads, fruits, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt and a belgian waffle maker which was just great. The only thing at breakfast which didn't appeal to me were the biscuits which were chewy like they were microwaved.

I used the gym during my stay, which consists of 3 cardio machines. The treadmill worked great for me, however the other two machines need upkeep/repair as they made noise and the screens were not readable.

Overall my stay at the hotel was comfortable and enjoyable for the time I spent there and met my expectations. I would recommend this as a business use hotel and would use it again if I came back to this area of Atlanta for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, generally much quieter than the front side that faces...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daytripper305

Thank you for sharing your opinion following your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback so that we can improve our service and lodging value. We have completed our renovations in 2011 and now offer a superior bedding, free full hot breakfast and close proximity to Norcross and Downtown Atlanta

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We loved our stay here. Sweet receptionist and cookies were a godsend when we were late getting in and most restaurants were closed. Also deliacious coffee. Not my favorite breakfast buffet and the road out front is loud, but we would stay again, book on Hotwire and save half.

• Stayed: April 2012