Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norcross, GA
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Recently, my family and I stayed at Country Inn. I must say, very friendly staff. Clean property and very accommodating. I must mentioned Jennifer, was always on top of things and efficient. The property recently renovated their rooms which includes flat screen Tv's that is a must in my world. It also has easy access of I-85. I would stay there in the future and would recommend my friends and business partners to stay there.

Patti

Room Tip: prefer 2nd floor, easy access to stairs and elevator
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 18, 2012

When visiting Atlanta, usually three to four times a year, I always stay in Norcross at the Country Inn & Suites. The hotel is always clean and comfortable. The breakfast is always great and the staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything necessary to make your stay comfortable. I call it my home away from home.

Room Tip: I have never had a complaint in any room I have stayed in but usually stay on the 1st floor on the b...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very good favorable impression when we checked into this hotel, the front desk was very pleasant and helpful, warm fire in the lobby with the well stocked book library, the room was large, clean, brand new 37 inch TV with Directv and dual King Sized beds. The family was pleased and impressed. Good quality bathroom amenities, Breakfast was great the next morning as well.

Just one little glitch, the critical thing at a hotel, a good night's sleep was elusive because of the noise. There were two sources, the road noise from the windows on the front of the building, despite the separating parking lot was the most I've ever had anywhere except in Paris, I don't know what's wrong with the windows, examined them carefully for proper closure.
The other noise source was from the room overhead, talking, laughing, walking, jumping, arguing, never heard such thin floors. We finally had to ask the front desk to ask them to quiet, which took it from terrible to merely annoying. Eventually as traffic noise subsided late on the road and the guests above tailed off we could sleep.
Ours was Room 228, I don't know how prevalent this problem is.
It's a shame, without the noise this would be a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Try for the back side, noise from front windows and overhead a problem!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank WallyFL
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I and a co- worker spent a week in Nocross this fall to work for our company. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. They did a very good job taking care of us while we were away from our family's. They went out of there way to get breakfast out early so we could eat before we went to work. They were always helpfull with any questions we had seeing we were new to the area. Overall we had a great time even though this was a work trip.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This hotel was very clean and the staff was exceptionally nice. The rooms are very comfy. The beds are comfortable. It was very quite here and I had no problems at all and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I had a wonderful 4 night stay while on a business trip in Atlanta. The rooms are in great condition. New TVs, spacious suites & a pretty great breakfast. I will stay here every time I travel to Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My husband & I stayed here for one night while coming to town for a wedding. When we checked in we both felt that the hotel seemed nice and the girl who checked us in was very friendly. When we were in our room before leaving for the wedding, we noticed a lot of traffic noise since our room was on the front side of the hotel. My husband said at that time that maybe we ought to see if there was a room on the back side, but then we reasoned that with the AC running & by bedtime the noise shouldn't be bad. When we returned from the wedding and tried to go to sleep, it was obvious that we made a mistake. We called the front desk to see if they had any room left on the back and the new girl on duty told us that they only had a smoking room left but even the rooms on the backside had traffic noise. We stayed put, but my husband couldn't sleep & ended up trying to sleep (unsuccessfully) on the fold out bed in the other room. I couldn't sleep either since the comforter was the blanket which was very hot, but I got cold if I just had a sheet. We didn't find the blanket until the next morning as it was put away in a drawer in the front room. In addition, the cable (which was working fine when we arrived) was out when we got back, and when I called the desk she told me that they were working on it but it would be back on momentarily. It still wasn't on the next morning when we left. On top of that, unknown to us, the clock was 30 minutes slow (which was our fault for assuming it was right!) and as a result we were late for the brunch the next morning. When the lady asked me upon check out if we slept well, I told her the various problems we encountered, and she was so sympathetic. She asked us if we had tried to move rooms, and when I told her what the girl said about the noise on the backside, she assured me that that wasn't the case! She was so sweet and understanding though and ended up giving us $25 off the price of the room (which was already a great price)! After we got home, I filled out an online survey of our stay there and then received an email from the manager apologizing for each problem & inviting us to come back and receive 25% off one night of the room of our choice on our next stay. So if you choose to stay here, just request a room on the backside of the hotel (our friends who did have a room facing the back told us they had no problem with traffic noise), and you should do fine. That was our main complaint - the other problems we had were just incidental & wouldn't have been so bad if we had gotten a good night's sleep. We can't complain too much since the management tried to make it right.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends