“Birthday celebration - crisis averted!!!”

La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 332 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We originally planned to celebrate my son's 25th birthday at Aomi Japanese Restaurant, which is also located in The Forum shopping center. I called Aomi in the early afternoon and made a reservation for that night (April 17th) at 6:30 p.m. for our party of five, which included me, my Mother, my son, my son's girlfriend and my son's father. They did not ask me for my phone number at the time that they took my reservation.

At 6:20 p.m., I dropped off my Mother and my son's girlfriend in front of the restaurant, then went to park the car. As my son and I walked towards the restaurant, we saw my Mother and my son's girlfriend walking back towards us. My son's girlfriend indicated that an extremely rude woman at the hostess desk had told her that our reservation was canceled because they had rented the whole facility out to a group for the whole evening. There was no apology, no offer to accommodate us in some other way, and no offer for us to return on some other evening.

We walked back to the car and I noticed La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant. I asked my son if he would like to go there instead and he said yes. We walked over and although they looked very busy, they were able to accommodate us immediately. We had a lovely evening, with good food. The staff even brought my son a free dessert and a huge sombrero to wear while they sang Happy Birthday to him. They took a photo and presented it to him in a little paper frame. Although this was not the evening we had planned, it turned out to be very fun.

Thank you La Parrilla!!!

There are newer reviews for La Parrilla Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The noisiest mexican place we have ever gone to. But the decor is bright and cheery, with plenty of staff and good prices. A real family kinda place.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Visited La Parrilla with 10 other co-workers, and was completely surprised with this establishment. The service was excellent, especially with a party of 11, most with special requests for their meal. Super fun atmosphere; lots of color and artwork. I had the carnitas for dinner, which are braised pork tenderloins. It was really the best tasting mexican dish I've ever had. The pork was marinated in a wonderful and fragrant variety of spices, was fork tender, and was accompanied by beans, rice and fresh pico de gallo. I asked for a few limes to squeeze on top, and it was heaven! I can't wait for my next business trip to Norcross so I can eat here again!

Reviewed December 12, 2011

After a long day at Stone Mountain Park, we did some shopping at The Forum on Peachtree Parkway (where this was located) on the way back home. We wanted to eat at a competitor's but were surprise by the 9:00PM closing time on a Saturday night! Well, just down at the other end we found La Parrilla, and they were open until 10:30PM.

We were seated immediately and had drinks, chips and salsa on the table in a matter of minutes. By the way, when they ask if you want big beer or small beer, well, just know that the big beer is a BIG BEER ($8.99).

We ordered the Shrimp Tacos plate that included pintos and rice, and a combination plate that included a chicken burrito, hard taco, refried beans and rice. The Shrimp Tacos had a wonderful slaw with cilantro. Ask for a spoon if you order the pintos, it's more like a soup. The burrito was packed full of chicken. Our only suggestion is that the shrimp be coated in a blend of taco seasoning and that the overall seasoning level be kicked up a notch.

The dining room is large, the bar long, with plenty of flat-screens to check on the games. The wait staff was very attentive in that not only your primary server checks on you, but other servers do as well.

We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

For the money La Parrilla is an excellent value. Good food, well plated, nice service - all without a big hit to the credit card. Much better than the Frontera chain of Mexican restaurants.