“Super Duper Time...”

Cuisines: American, Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Let me tell ya, we've tried to get into this place probably 3 or 4 times before on a weekend night... hahahaha! But I finally got smart and went for a Sunday afternoon brunchtime meal... what a great time we had. The meal.. Superb! The service was even better with the super attentive waiter who was super friendly as well. Had a great time, would still like to get in on a weekend night sometime, but guess I'll have to but VIP tickets for that to happen.

There are newer reviews for Mojito's Cuban American Bistro

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place is a big part of the community, with friendly people and terrific atmosphere, but the food doesn't do it justice in any way. It is overcooked and poorly seasoned (plantains tasted like cardboard). There are much better choices for Cuban food in the area, such as Papi's. It would be great if they upped the food quality to match the rest of the place.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great atmosphere, good food and yummy drinks. What more could you ask for? The owners will stop by to say hi, when they aren't being the band. The food can be a little bit of a hit and miss, but mostly a big hit.

I recommend the plantains, the chicken and rice dish and a good bottle of wine. The seafood soup looked wonderful. I did not care for the Ropa dish, it was a bit dry and tough.

The desserts are worth the calorie induced food coma / guilt trip.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The atmosphere was great, the food was average. I ordered the stuffed rice. It was very dry. Perhaps I will try it again, but I was not impressed at all with the dish.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited on a weeknight for an early dinner, but the place was already lively when we walked in at 6:30pm. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, and was able to make good suggestions when an item we wanted wasn't available. We ended up getting the Paella for one, Ox tail, stuffed plantain appetizer, and guava cheese cake. The paella was HUGE (it definitely feeds 2+, although it says 'for one') and packed with lots of flavorful meats, seafood, and goodies. Oxtail was very yummy (although I wish it was a tiny bit more tender). Stuffed plantain was super fun - I loved the ones stuffed with picadillo and avocado, but wasn't crazy about the shrimp-creole flavor. Guava cheese cake was very good, and the entire cake has the grainy guava puree texture that I adore; they were very generous with the yummy guava sauce drizzled over the guava cheese cake, which is a plus. We are definitely planning to go there again soon to try other items on their menu!