“Fabulous”

Cuisines: American, Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was my first experience with Cuban food, and Mojito's set the bar high! I was in town with a couple friends and we decided why not try something new. As soon as we walked in we were enthusiastically welcomed and shown to a table near the stage, where there would be live music later. Our server talked us through the entire menu, telling us everything we needed to know and then some. We ordered one entree each and shared them all. We opted for a few of the house specials. Everything we ate was fabulous! I'm a fairly picky, unadventurous eater, but seriously, this was amazing. If you're of age, you should definitely order a mojito. They are made fresh, and it was easily the best mojito I've ever had. The ambiance was warm and cozy, and when the live music started, the place came alive. People were dancing in the walkway to the kitchen, and everyone was having a great time. Highly recommended to anyone who happens to be in Norcross Georgia!

There are newer reviews for Mojito's Cuban American Bistro

Reviewed March 30, 2012

When you have lunch with a good friend, you know conversation will be great. But what makes the lunch perfect is great, non-chain, authentically delicious food. (Maybe it should be the other way around, but when you're over 50, food and a good drink rules) We celebrated my friend's birthday at Mojito's Cuban-American Bistro in downtown historic Norcross, Georgia. We chose Mojitos simply because it smelled so darn good from the sidewalk. And because neither of us had ever had Cuban food. We did good! I chose the Guantanamera Salad, which was a big serving of mixed greens, baby spinach, diced pears, pecan halves, and goat cheese. I added salmon, juicy and perfectly cooked ($11.95). The dressing was a yummy homemade Guava vinaigrette. Fabulous. My friend ordered the Chicken Breast Filet, which is butterflied and marinated in Cuban mojo, grilled and garnished with caramelized onions. Her serving was ample and she even got it "to go." Birthday girl's entree was served with white rice, black beans and plantain slices. ($10.95) Because it was a birthday lunch, but mostly because I can't resist potatoes of any kind (read my other reviews) we ordered the Yucca Fries appetizer (Fresh cassava root sliced and then deep fried.) The slices are served with an avocado-cilantro salsa which I dipped and possibly double dipped. Price: $4.25. It's like eating a great slice of baked potato but when you dip it in the sauce, it's not just a potato anymore. It's "Can we have another order of the dip, please?" BTW, the owners use trans fat free oil for healthy eating.

Our waitress was so sweet, and as usual, we asked a waiter to take our picture to document the day. He even agreed to take a second picture when my bangs looked bad. Not every waiter will do this. Back to the food. Fabulous. Oh, and did I forget to mention the namesake? Of COURSE we ordered Mojitos. Mainly because we had never had one. But also because the waitress said they were delicious and refreshing, and they really were! Here is what is in a Mojito: rum, sugar, lime juice, muddled mint leaves, soda water, and crushed ice. We really enjoyed our noon day girlie celebratory drinks. Sara Jessica Parker should try this place. Owners, Luis and Yanin are musicians by nature, as well as devoted restaurateurs, and the menu says you can catch them every Friday and Saturday night performing live music at the restaurant. I think my boyfriend will like the drums and I may tempted to dance after one Mojito. Check out this adorable restaurant; there is outside seating and a wide variety of items to choose from including fabulous signature sandwiches, salads, and entrees and tempting desserts. We topped off our meal with some really nice coffee...pick from Cuban coffee, cafe con leche or cappuccino. And, before or after lunch, take some time to browse through historic Norcross...it's neat!

1  Thank Southernroadmama
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place in Fantastic! We usually go about once a month for an office lunch. Servers are extremely friendly and will explain all the Cuban food to you. Everything is wonderful! I would give it a 6 out of 5 stars!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Loved the food and the atmosphere. Candles on the tables, posters of Cuba on the wall, family pics in the bathroom. Small and Cozy. Just like the Cuban restaurants in Miami.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

If this is how Cuban's eat, I wanna be Cuban. The food here is excellent, from appetizer's to main's to desserts. The mojito's (mixed drink) are pretty good as well. My first blueberry mojito and I'm hooked. They only serve that one in season (blueberry season). But get a pitcher if they have it. Oh, and the prices aren't bad. Go have a fiesta!