“About right for the price”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #71 of 210 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: Italian
Newnan, Georgia
“About right for the price”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My father is from Italy and I grew up in Italian kitchen.

The service here is good. There can be a wait on Friday and Saturday nights, but not as much lately. The staff is attentive and will do what they can for you, more or less.

Marinara sauce is the heart of Italian food, and it must be made with love and pride. The sauces here are quite bland, with very little garlic, onion, basil, etc., flavors. Also, you have to simmer marinara for hours and hours to get it exactly right. I'm not sure they do that here.

I suspect the bread is made from frozen dough, though I don't know it for sure.

The salads are fresh, though nothing really special. The antipasta salad is a good thing.

Our entrees were well-presented, but suffered from the marinara.

I thought the deserts were great.

All in all, not bad, but not special. Try Mama Lucia's across the way for a more authentic experience.

• Visited February 2014

Newnan, Georgia
“not served with tuscan potatoes and bell peppers”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Your food is served with garlic parmesan mashed potatoes you can not get them served with Tuscan potatoes and bell peppers said they did away with them who wants mashed potatoes with Italian food ?

• Visited March 2014
“Very good”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

ME and my lady friend always enjoy eating here the waitress was great we went and had a late lunch and both enjoy our meal thanks for the good eats

• Visited January 2014
Newnan
“Love the lemon cake ”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The lemon cake is the best the only reason I go there. Well that and the stuffed mushrooms. Pasta is pretty average nothing amazing but it is good. Our waitress forgot our appetizer and went on like nothing happened so I missed out on the mushrooms but saved room for my lemon cake. Basically average food and so so service.

“Bon a petit”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

As always food was great! Becky gave A1 service. The all you can eat soup, salad and bread sticks are the way to go for a great value.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!